Author Topic: Eating frozen fruits unhealthy?  (Read 347 times)

quiteQuiet

Eating frozen fruits unhealthy?
« on: June 24, 2024, 10:34:02 AM »
Hi,
I bought frozen fruits i.e. berries as I thought just washing them with water is all you need to do in order to eat them.
But apparently you are not supposed to eat them just like that, they say you can get really ill from that. But how is one supposed to cook them? That doesn't make any sense either. People put them on cakes and stuff too, no?
So I'm wondering is this just over dramatizing from some channels and is it healthy for us. Thanks!

Quantum

• Administrator
Re: Eating frozen fruits unhealthy?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2024, 09:05:31 PM »
Hi,
I bought frozen fruits i.e. berries as I thought just washing them with water is all you need to do in order to eat them.
But apparently you are not supposed to eat them just like that, they say you can get really ill from that. But how is one supposed to cook them? That doesn't make any sense either. People put them on cakes and stuff too, no?
So I'm wondering is this just over dramatizing from some channels and is it healthy for us. Thanks!

If you buy for companies with good practice and good reputation, the risks are very low.  The contamination with either Listeria or Hepatitis, which both survive freezing temperature, comes from bad practices in the freezing procedure, or use of contaminated water for processing or growth.
By buying from vendors with higher quality standards ( for example, Costco), or from good companies producing organic frozen fruits, you have near zero risks.  I always felt that trusted organic growers are more ethical in their practice.  You have excellent organic fruits producers like Nature's Touch, or Cascadian Farms, or others, that are safe and excellent.  I have been using organic frozen fruits directly in my smoothies for over 15 years and had no problem.

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

quiteQuiet

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2024, 04:57:15 PM »
Ah that makes sense. That makes me feel at ease. Thank you!

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2024, 05:26:11 PM »
Ah that makes sense. That makes me feel at ease. Thank you!
You are very welcome !   I am glad that this will help you in having a healthy diet  :)
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259