Author Topic: A gene potentially behind ME/CFS, POTS, Fibromyalgia, MCAS many chronic illness  (Read 2654 times)

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
https://www.rccxandillness.com/

It's theorized this gene might be behind intergenerational family-wide health issues of all types - mental, cognitive, neurological, psychological including ME/CFS, MCAS, POTS, Fibromyalgia, autism, etc.

FernandoPOIS

• 40 year old. POIS Since I was 28. Dopamine heals.
This is interesting, but the conversation seems to be the same as usual.
Avoid situations that demand too much of the alert system and vagus nerve:
Fasting
Improving muscle function and posture (heal vagus nerve)
Treating inflammation and possible psychiatric problems.
That remain (in my opinion) the best prevention.
My POIS only happens with masturbation. Normal sex does not generate POIS symptoms. My POIS is related to me mood and the health of my cervical spine. Dopamine/Inflammation/Body constitution (genetics) are factors that contribute to POIS.

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
From the website (I did not read much of the website, just searched for "snp"):
Evidence is mounting that mutations of RCCX genes are extremely common in the general population (e.g. CYP21A2 mutations are likely present in about 20% of the population) and exert significant health effects.  Most of the SNPs associated with mutations in these genes have not been characterized as they mutate so often.  Further, there are so many insertions in this region that it is often difficult even to identify SNPs at all.  Occasionally, genetic testing will reveal a SNP but the clinical significance is never clear as they have not yet been characterized.  This is why we can’t use 23andme or whole exome sequencing yet to reliably find all of these mutations.
https://www.rccxandillness.com/recapsummary.html

=>  :(