Author Topic: agitation and irritability !!  (Read 1532 times)

Labyrinth

agitation and irritability !!
« on: March 22, 2019, 12:31:02 PM »
Any medications or supplement that can reduce agitation or irritability? 
POIS of 10 yrs now

FernandoPOIS

• 40 year old. POIS Since I was 28. Dopamine heals.
Re: agitation and irritability !!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 06:58:26 AM »
Thinking conservatively ... things that worked for me .. medicines: promethazine or hydroxyzine (antihistamines).
Phytotherapy: kava kava and passiflora.
B Vitamins and Magnesium
Dipirone: analgesic and makes me a little drowsy ....
Muscle relaxant at low doses such as cyclobenzaprine .. Use at most 5 mg.
I have never used benzodiazepine and when I am very tense, alcohol also works but I only take it in the last case.
Weaker antihistamines such as fexofenadine and ebastine help but do not act as intensely as CNS sedatives.
My POIS only happens with masturbation. Normal sex does not generate POIS symptoms. My POIS is related to me mood and the health of my cervical spine. Dopamine/Inflammation/Body constitution (genetics) are factors that contribute to POIS.

swell

Re: agitation and irritability !!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 02:15:17 PM »
sorry to break it, but its called "Thyroid".  Treat your thyroid, you wouldn't have agitation or irritability or gut problems for this ridiculous 7 day POIS.

That said, milder approach is: Ashwaghanda (however its spelled).  You'll feel chill after taking it.  Its adaptogen so works on both hypo and hyper thyroid.   
POIS Free, 2+ yrs (occasional/predictive lapses)
Pois symptoms: Peripheral (Skin: Urticaria, dryness, pale blotchy skin), Exasperation of: [Nerve weakness, Muscle weakness + Mental (CNS: Brain Fog, Irritation, Isolation, Speech lethargy, Anxiety)].
Other conditions: ASD, ADD, GA