Author Topic: What's the point of living like this...  (Read 541 times)

demografx

• Administrator
Re: What's the point of living like this...
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2019, 12:38:03 PM »
...there is no point endlessly complaining and being negative...
Yes! 100% agreed.

10 years of major POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks associated with it.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business.

IWontGiveUp

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2019, 12:53:49 PM »
Yes of course POIS is unfortunate but what I meant by that statement is that there is no point endlessly complaining and being negative about it. It will make us stronger as in we have to go through all these horrible symptoms on a frequent basis and when we do find our cures we will be immensely grateful for normal life that everyone else takes for granted.

Yes maybe some people now think I'm a weird shy autistic freak but I've learnt not to give a crap and get on with my life.

What other people think doesn't really bother me either at this point, you could say I aquired an IDGAF attidue but what bothers me is that I can't enjoy my free time with this sickness or pursue my passion/goals. Also never at ease since in the back of my mind I always know Ive got POIS.

I can't remember when was the last time I was carefree and had a legitimately good time out with friends or during any other activity.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2019, 01:13:58 PM »
What other people think doesn't really bother me either at this point, you could say I aquired an IDGAF attidue but what bothers me is that I can't enjoy my free time with this sickness or pursue my passion/goals. Also never at ease since in the back of my mind I always know Ive got POIS.

I can't remember when was the last time I was carefree and had a legitimately good time out with friends or during any other activity.
Very well expressed IDGAF attitude. I struggle just like you with, “I know what’s just around the corner [POIS!] :(
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 01:18:18 PM by demografx »
10 years of major POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks associated with it.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2019, 03:02:57 PM »

IWGP.
Well, you can read the answer on your nick name!

Take a look at pois from different angle, you are only 17.
You found that you hawe a pois early enough and in wright
time, because of this you have enormous advantage.

You have a lot of info about pois now(you can help yourself).

For exemple, from my 17, a spend 15 years on typing in google
sick after sex, and found nothing!
In that time name pois it didn,t exist att all.

I can write books, make movies from what i have all
survived in pois life.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 04:54:08 AM by Hopeoneday »
Dr-pois.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2019, 07:21:24 PM »

HOD
What
Is
IWGP?

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2019, 07:43:55 PM »
IWGP is the member "I won't give up"?!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2019, 09:41:46 PM »
Confused. Why is he saying that talking to you?

Daysleeper

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2019, 02:29:20 AM »
So POIS robbed a LOT from me. Any chance of happiness between the age of 11 until about 19 I literally was never happy and could not be happy.  But now, I get to experience happiness as if it?s a new thing. I?m frustrated at myself for my many failing but at the same time I get the thrill of relearning and having faith in my emotions and thoughts and peace through working myself through the anxiety.  I really try and keep a positive outlook. For better or for worse POIS shapes me entirely and probably immensely dictated the course of my life. 

I actually just called up an ex (my only serious relationship) and explained to her about POIS.  I just didn?t want her to feel bad that I was always miserable and so cold towards her.  She told me ?it was such a long time ago? but appreciated that I gave her the call. 

You have the wherewithal to overcome the lack of emotion and in some ways I?ll relive my youth with the excitement that I have of new feelings and expressions as an (older) but not that old man!

IWontGiveUp

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2019, 01:46:10 PM »
So POIS robbed a LOT from me. Any chance of happiness between the age of 11 until about 19 I literally was never happy and could not be happy.  But now, I get to experience happiness as if it?s a new thing. I?m frustrated at myself for my many failing but at the same time I get the thrill of relearning and having faith in my emotions and thoughts and peace through working myself through the anxiety.  I really try and keep a positive outlook. For better or for worse POIS shapes me entirely and probably immensely dictated the course of my life. 

I actually just called up an ex (my only serious relationship) and explained to her about POIS.  I just didn?t want her to feel bad that I was always miserable and so cold towards her.  She told me ?it was such a long time ago? but appreciated that I gave her the call. 

You have the wherewithal to overcome the lack of emotion and in some ways I?ll relive my youth with the excitement that I have of new feelings and expressions as an (older) but not that old man!

So you found a treatment that works for you?

Daysleeper

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2019, 12:39:58 AM »
Yeah, glands pumping. I wrote about it in general treatment page.  I got it from
I think Observer who got it from the Russian page