Poll

How long does your POIS last?

< 24h
4 (5.6%)
1-2 days
9 (12.5%)
3-4 days
16 (22.2%)
5-7 days
22 (30.6%)
1-2 weeks
11 (15.3%)
> 2 weeks
6 (8.3%)
permanently
4 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: POIS: how long it lasts  (Read 6828 times)

poised

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5
POIS: how long it lasts
« on: April 02, 2011, 08:47:52 AM »
Poll and discuss how long your POIS lasts and how quickly and gradually you restore.

poised

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5
Re: POIS: how long it lasts
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 08:52:06 AM »
As to me, I restore in 5-7 days up to 80-90%, but those 10-20% of symptoms left seem to be present for a very long time.

Daveman

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1631
Re: POIS: how long it lasts
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 09:28:27 AM »
I can vary quite a bit.... sometimes 3 days, but not often. Usually  5 to 7, but I'm like you too, the joints can sometimes last 2 weeks.
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

b_jim

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1026
Re: POIS: how long it lasts
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 02:35:06 PM »
Now : less than 24 hours with diet and low activity.
But 3-4 days before 2008.
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Suffering from lyme disease

demografx

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5617
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: POIS: how long it lasts
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 02:14:22 PM »
How do I vote?

BEFORE treatment, my symptoms lasted 4 days (30+ years)

AFTER treatment, my symptoms now last 0 - 24 hours max. (Last 2 years)
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Daveman

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1631
Re: POIS: how long it lasts
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 04:36:45 PM »
How do I vote?

BEFORE treatment, my symptoms lasted 4 days (30+ years)

AFTER treatment, my symptoms now last 0 - 24 hours max. (Last 2 years)

I guess you just did! :)

But I'd say that in treatment doesn't count for this poll.

Maybe that would be good for a "How effective is your treatment? Poll"

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

hurray

  • Lab1
  • Sr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 323
Re: POIS: how long it lasts
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 05:14:53 AM »
I went for 1-2 days - this is with my Fenugreek treatment. Without, 4-5 days before I'm completely better.

bruxe

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
Re: POIS: how long it lasts
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 01:43:40 PM »
for me it takes  3 weeks for a full recovery....

Samir

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 159
  • POIS victim since 1988
    • Huntsville Car Scene.com
Re: POIS: how long it lasts
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 10:02:23 AM »
It takes about 2 weeks for me to recover to 98%.  The remaining 2% takes a month to get back.

I don't feel any serious POIS effects until about day 2-3.  Then I can tell when my voice changes.

I've found that zinc supplements, as high as 250mg in a day, along with omega 3 supplements helps recovery.  Eating fresh sushi also helps, probably because of the high levels of fish oils.  But it doesn't reduce the recovery significantly.  Maybe just 3 days.  Eating these before POIS can stave off the intensity of the symptoms.  Personally, I think my body's testosterone levels or the use of it drops sharply.

badgerstripe

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 20
Re: POIS: how long it lasts
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 05:20:30 AM »
i voted 3-4 days as that it how long it takes me to function reasonably well but its actually 5-7 days before i am pretty much 100% without symptoms so maybe 5-7 is a more accurate vote. In the last 3 weeks or so i have been experimenting with Niacin, its early days but it has improved my recovery period and once i had NO symtoms, seems to depend on the timing of taking the tablet and the existence of a flush.