Author Topic: Biotin deficiency  (Read 4595 times)

Bohdan_Stashynsky

Biotin deficiency
« on: August 07, 2018, 01:46:40 PM »
Road map POIS

|
|
|
Genetic disorders such as Biotinidase deficiency, Multiple carboxylase deficiency, and Holocarboxylase synthetase deficiency can also lead to inborn or late-onset forms of biotin deficiency
Signs and symptoms of a biotinidase deficiency can appear several days after birth. These include seizures, hypotonia and muscle/limb weakness, ataxia, paresis, hearing loss, optic atrophy, skin rashes (including seborrheic dermatitis and psoriasis), and alopecia. If left untreated, the disorder can rapidly lead to coma and death.

B7+(B1+B6)-(Lactate)-(Avidin)

Влияние на желчь (таурин) и дрожжевые грибки?
Effect on bile (taurine) and yeast fungi?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 01:58:05 PM by Bohdan_Stashynsky »

swell

Re: Biotin deficiency
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 02:00:00 PM »
This sounds very relevant to my syptoms, I do have a mild hypotonia since childood with multiple manifestations today I think.  What do you think as a possible solution, taking Biotin?  I have tried Biotin supplements in past, didn't effect a dime.

Road map POIS

|
|
|
Genetic disorders such as Biotinidase deficiency, Multiple carboxylase deficiency, and Holocarboxylase synthetase deficiency can also lead to inborn or late-onset forms of biotin deficiency
Signs and symptoms of a biotinidase deficiency can appear several days after birth. These include seizures, hypotonia and muscle/limb weakness, ataxia, paresis, hearing loss, optic atrophy, skin rashes (including seborrheic dermatitis and psoriasis), and alopecia. If left untreated, the disorder can rapidly lead to coma and death.

B7+(B1+B6)-(Lactate)-(Avidin)

Влияние на желчь (таурин) и дрожжевые грибки?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 02:03:32 PM by swell »
POIS Free, 2+ yrs (occasional/predictive lapses)
Pois symptoms: Peripheral (Skin: Urticaria, dryness, pale blotchy skin), Exasperation of: [Nerve weakness, Muscle weakness + Mental (CNS: Brain Fog, Irritation, Isolation, Speech lethargy, Anxiety)].
Other conditions: ASD, ADD, GA

Bohdan_Stashynsky

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 02:09:55 PM »
Can be the metabolism of this vitamin. We need to look at the metabolic pathway and cofactors. Try gooseberry, red currant, strawberry. Might help!

b_jim

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 02:21:37 PM »
Good job. This vitamin seems not present in human semen but maybe there is a pathway explaining the link.
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Bohdan_Stashynsky

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 11:18:37 PM »
Всем привет.
The deficit biotin's theory proved to be untenable. It does not fit within the POIS.
I apologize for the mistake.

Pathophysiology
I am starting to work in the direction of impaired sensitivity of catecholamine receptors:
Tyrosine → DOPA → Dopamine → Norepinephrine → Epinephrine
Pyrocatechol
copper
ceruloplasmin
tyrosinase
vitamin b6
vitamin b1
Something to do with catecholamines disrupts the body in the postcoital period.
Impaired adrenal function due to violations of adrenaline receptors and/or norepinephrine and / or dopamine. Then ACTH pushes the adrenal glands and cortisol. Here we are talking about a violation of the axis of the pituitary adrenal glands.
In this context, I consider catecholamines as mediators and neurohormones. It is not only in their presence but also in sensitivity to them.
This is a big and important topic.
Apparently Berserkers are rooting POIS, as catecholamines have allowed them to survive in combat. )

The microcontroller of the adrenal glands because of the orgasm burns out.
Here it is in the metabolism of catecholamines in the brain and/or periphery and/or the sensitivity of receptors to them. This explains the withdrawal syndrome of asthenia and hyperreflexia.
Fun fact: If you are allergic used adrenaline. Maybe when adrenaline deficiency or insensitivity to it there is an Allergy?

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 02:07:56 PM »
Note that some people might have a higher need for Biotin than other people, for example me with a genetic problem with recycling Biotin.
Also some gut bacteria (that people might not have) could produce Biotin for the host.

I found this for myself, very interesting:

Gene: BTD
Variant: c.1336G>C
(p.Asp446His)
rsID: rs13078881
Ref Allele: G
Alt Allele: C
Freq: 1.857% uncommon
Biotinidase deficiency, Autosomal recessive
Low clinical importance, pathogenic
I guess I need to buy a biotin supplement and see what it does. Note that I only have reduced activity, the full mutation is apparantly screened at birth even(?)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biotinidase_deficiency
https://www.geneticlifehacks.com/genetics-of-biotin-deficiency/

Great source for biotin is egg yolks.

I always dismissed Biotin as "meh, women stuff, hair and nails, who cares" but it's involved in a lot of things in the body.
I've seen somewhere mentioned that it can also help to clear lactic acid.

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 02:37:36 PM »
Note that maybe one should not overdo it if you plan to have children:

Dietary Biotin Supplementation Impairs Testis Morphology and Sperm Quality (in mice)
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31660770/
Sperm count and serum testosterone levels were not affected, but spermatozoa motility and morphology were significantly impaired in the biotin-supplemented mice. These results caution against the use of supplements with high concentrations of biotin and indicate that biotin's pharmacological effects on morphology need to be considered in toxicological studies.

Also, biotin supplementation can affect some lab tests without intention:
https://www.google.com/search?q=biotin+affects+lab+tests&