Author Topic: Speech problems and concentration in POIS.  (Read 3852 times)

Michael218

Speech problems and concentration in POIS.
« on: August 07, 2018, 04:32:54 AM »
Hi there,

I have 70%+ plus relief with my prepack for POIS.

The remaining 30% involves problems with speech, brain fog and concentration, mood swings, headache and mental confusion.

Any idea what can help me eliminate this 30% and these symptoms in particular in POIS?

If you recommend a supplement, are you able to mention the specific brand?

Thanks in advance.

Nas

Re: Speech problems and concentration in POIS.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 06:58:13 AM »
Hi there,

The remaining 30% involves problems with speech, brain fog and concentration, mood swings, headache and mental confusion.

Any idea what can help me eliminate this 30% and these symptoms in particular in POIS?

Thanks in advance.

Personally 1mg dexamethasone helps me alot with brain fog and speech symptoms.
Obviously I do not recommend dexamethsone without a doctor's supervision though.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 07:50:38 AM »
Hi there,

Thanks in advance.

On the natural product side, if it was for me, I would try lecithin or huperzine A, because of their cholinergic properties, if I had any brain fog or concentration problem, or speech problem.
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Michael218

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 04:58:29 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions. Will look into them.
Lecithin was a total waste for me personally, I took it daily, often twice, due to another post - didn't help one bit. At least not that I am aware of. I stopped it and have the same level of relief.

Will look into dexamathasone and Huperzine A.

Cheers.

ThisType

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 03:09:17 PM »
Phosphatadylcholine or other more bioavailable forms of choline may still help ( but that may be person specific). You may have a block further up the process than me. For my similar symptoms, I find the phosphayadylcholine plus regular intense exercise and occasional basic b complex are sufficient. If these aren't for you, would be interested as to what ends up helping. I use Thorne brand supplements to answer your question earlier.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 03:24:14 PM by ThisType »

b_jim

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 08:46:07 AM »
During Pois episode, I note I can't play piano very well. My brain is slow and I my concentration is poor.

It's not the same thing when I play late evening after a day of work and physical fatigue.
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2020, 10:46:56 AM »
During Pois episode, I note I can't play piano very well. My brain is slow and I my concentration is poor.

It's not the same thing when I play late evening after a day of work and physical fatigue.

Yes, piano was tough for me too in POIS mode. No sense of feel, was only able to play very mechanically.

ThisType

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2020, 10:04:54 PM »
I find similar effects when not treating.
I find a few times a week of intense exercise (lookup high intensity interval training) and some limited caffeine makes a positive difference to me on brain fog (in addition to the choline I take).

an-y-more

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2020, 12:07:10 AM »
Finally someone brought up my main pois concern ;D

Do you guys feel like your hearing changing from time to time in pois? Does brainfog/head tension or something else seem to affect how you actually hear music?

I've noticed this lack of concentration and inability to embrace music with many details/instruments playing at the same time in pois. But not always. As far as I can see for now, it only happens if I go to sleep right after O and don't wake up very early with alarm clock. If I happen to wake up early by myself it doesn't seem to be very benefictial.

This applies as well to my brainfog. Back in the days if I would sleep good 8-10 hours after orgasm my brainfog and headache would've been off the charts at least for the first day. Couldn't even think about thinking then :-\  But waking up with alarm clock I could somehow function and my anxiety usually was significantly reduced as well.

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2020, 03:03:17 PM »
Finally someone brought up my main pois concern ;D

Do you guys feel like your hearing changing from time to time in pois? Does brainfog/head tension or something else seem to affect how you actually hear music?

I've noticed this lack of concentration and inability to embrace music with many details/instruments playing at the same time in pois. But not always. As far as I can see for now, it only happens if I go to sleep right after O and don't wake up very early with alarm clock. If I happen to wake up early by myself it doesn't seem to be very benefictial.

This applies as well to my brainfog. Back in the days if I would sleep good 8-10 hours after orgasm my brainfog and headache would've been off the charts at least for the first day. Couldn't even think about thinking then :-\  But waking up with alarm clock I could somehow function and my anxiety usually was significantly reduced as well.

Yes. Music sounds different as I notice small sounds less in POIS.