Author Topic: Doctors found ALA (Antinuclear Antibody) in my blood  (Read 20387 times)

Bizzy

Doctors found ALA (Antinuclear Antibody) in my blood
« on: December 31, 2016, 05:29:07 PM »
Hi Everyone

Doctors did full immune system blood tests and found raised levels of ALA (Antinuclear antibody) in my blood. I think this is a major find.
During orgasm dopamine and histamine are both released. I think in POIS, the histamine triggers production of ALA which then shuts down the cell nucleus and DNA activity.
This is an immunological disease as many of us thought on this board 15 years ago.
Has anyone else had these blood tests related to lupus done ??
Please post if you have and what were the findings ?

Bizzy
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 05:47:28 PM by Bizzy »

FloppyBanana

Re: Doctors found ALA (Antinuclear Antibody) in my blood
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 09:54:05 AM »
Hi Bizzy,

Have you raised this finding to the principles of the two currently running studies.

1) Barry Komisaruk
2) Marcel Waldinger

Maybe it would be good to let them know although I read this on wikipedea "A positive ANA test is seldom useful if other clinical or laboratory data supporting a diagnosis are not present"

Were you in POIS phase when the test was done?

FB
30 years of POIS. Mytelase after O with Iceman breathing technique.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 11:36:40 AM »
Hi Bizzy,

Thanks for sharing this important information. It does seem to be a major find to me, too.  This has the potential to confirm that POIS, at least in part of the cases, is indeed and autoimmune problem, and that would be a first objective test for detecting it, although ANA is not specific for any auto-immune disease in particular, but a common finding in many auto-immune disorders.

Like FB have said, I think it would be a good idea to send this information to Dr Komisaruk and Dr Waldinger.  Dr Waldinger, in particular, is specifically going in this direction, that is, searching for autoimmune markers that could help to diagnose POIS.

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Nas

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 04:49:49 PM »
Doxepin is also a newly reported medication and the member Doxepin seems really happy with this medication. Can Doxepin be realted to this ALA thing. maybe blocking dopamine or something ?

Bizzy

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 06:27:00 PM »
Thanks FloppyBanana and Quantum

No, I havent shared this information with the principle researchers. Im not sure how to. Im happy for someone here to forward my post to these doctors.

Bizzy

Bizzy

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 05:57:14 PM »
Hi demografx

I remember your name, b_jim and a few others i cant remember lol.
We stubled upon the NSF board that shared the common concerns we had many years ago. It was googles magic ability to connect two words that facilitated the gathering, I think.

I too have been almost symptom free for about 10 years. In my case I stopped antihistamine allergy medication and replaced it with occasional tricylic antidepressant use, this caused a remission of the condition.
This condition has negatively affected my life for over 25 years to a huge extent. Theres a powerful and harmful underlying mechanism here, whereby the orgasm only plays a trigger role.
Obvioulsy the orgasm cant be the actual cause otherwise every human male would have the illness.

Ive made a post about doctors finding ALA (antinuclear antibody) in my blood. About 15% of the population can carry this antibody and without many symptoms. Though its a dangerous antibody which can be associated with diseases such as lupus.
What causes the prevalence of this antibody is likely to be unknown, but we can make some good guesses such as environmental interference. There are some very immunotoxic chemicals that we can come into contact with such as the Chlorine and Flourine added to drinking water. Many Medicines that are given to adults and children, such as antihistamines. Also I have a huge suspicion on poly-halogenated benzenes, such as wood preservatives.

Bizzy
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 09:50:12 AM by Bizzy »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 07:20:36 PM »
Thanks FloppyBanana and Quantum

No, I havent shared this information with the principle researchers. Im not sure how to. Im happy for someone here to forward my post to these doctors.

Bizzy

For your information, here are their e-mail contact:

Dr Marcel Waldinger:  dr.m.d.waldinger@gmail.com

Dr Barry Komisaruk:  brk@psychology.rutgers.edu

I think it may be better that you contact them yourself, in case they want some more information.

Also, like FB asked too, were you in POIS or out of POIS when the blood test have been done ?
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Bizzy

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 05:45:19 PM »
Hi Quantum and FB

I was not having POIS but I know the underlying mechanism is still active and so the blood tests still having significance. Its just I have identified the substance potentiating the condition within me, and have stopped taking it. That substance being antihistamines for me. I had to also take tricylic antidepressants to further improve things.

Bizzy
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 09:52:17 AM by Bizzy »

Jake81

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 10:17:17 PM »
I posted on here a while back that I had an IgA deficiency in my blood.  After seeing this post I did some research and it here appears to be a possible link between IgA deficiencies and Lupus (or another autoimmune disorder).  I'm trying to get my doctor to have the antinuclear antibody panel done, but I probably won't get the results for at least a month. 

Hoping

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 12:12:46 PM »
I posted on here a while back that I had an IgA deficiency in my blood.  After seeing this post I did some research and it here appears to be a possible link between IgA deficiencies and Lupus (or another autoimmune disorder).  I'm trying to get my doctor to have the antinuclear antibody panel done, but I probably won't get the results for at least a month.

Sounds promising. Definitely let us know what you find out!
Experienced POIS since 2002.
My symptoms include: brain fog, depression, physical and mental fatigue, memory problems, social anxiety, concentration problems, myalgia, inflammation.

Jake81

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 02:21:34 PM »
I got antinuclear antibody test results back and they were negative.  I also had a rheumatoid factor test done which was also negative.  I still think my IgA deficiency could be causing this.  I plan on seeing an immunologist to learn more about this disease and probably have more testing done.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 10:49:22 PM »
thanks for your update, Jake!

trusttheprocess

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 01:22:13 PM »
Hey guys I haven't posted in a long time, but I have some new ideas about POIS, and I've been testing some new supplements over the past month or two and have found some that significantly reduce my POIS symptoms based on these ideas.  When I first started testing out these new supplements I felt a little weird and my blood pressure shot up, but I've since cut a few supplements out and although I still get POIS, I've never felt better during it and it's cut it in half (from 4 days to 2 days).  With that being said, I want to focus on what I've learned about POIS.

First, I think we were all born with defects in our immune systems due to our genes (from the prevalence of allergies among people with POIS), or acquired immune system dysfunction from viruses, low levels of vitamins (especially B & D which may not show up on blood tests because they almost always test the inactive form of the vitamin, could also have a mutation for that vitamin receptor), leaky blood brain barrier, or other causes.  These immune system problems lead to excessive mast cell activation, and subsequent histamine release, which when combined with the natural histamine release in sex leads to major stress and immune dysfunction.  I believe the defects in our immune system lead to a slowed rate of histamine clearance, which is something I know I have due to SNPs in the DAO and HMNT genes.  During sex histamine is released by basophils, and is supposed to drop right after, but does not because of our decreased histamine clearance rate.  This could explain why many POIS sufferers report lifelong premature ejaculation, something that people with elevated histamine levels tend to report.

The inability of to clear histamine after sex puts excessive stress on our bodies, as a result the immune system classified something in our seminal fluid as an antigen, which is a "toxin or other foreign substance that induces an immune response in the body, especially the production of antibodies."  The body's recognition of the antigen causes mast cell activation, which is the first phase of inflammation, and releases a large number of chemicals that cause both short and long-acting effects.  First histamine, tryptase, chymase, and tnf alpha are released causing the immediate effects of POIS.  Shortly after mast cells can produce prostglandin D2 and leukotriene C4, the second phase.  Interestingly, niacin flush causes the body to release both of these mediators, as well as serotonin.  I have been taking a leukotriene inhibitor lately (Singulair) because both PGD2 and LC4 are both molecules involved in inflammation linked to asthma (which is what I was prescribed Singulair for, also note that these molecules may have some role in resolving inflammation, I just choose to avoid them because of my asthma).  Phase #3 of POIS is the last step of mast cell activation, and the cause of most POIS symptoms, the up-regulation of cytokines and chemokines leading to an inflammatory state.

Finally, although it is just a theory, the evidence I have for it just keeps on growing the more I learn about POIS.  I think the constant and unavoidable stress of POIS, and the role of systemic vagus nerve activation in sex (something we have Dr. Komisaruk to thank for proving), as well as certain risk factors like allergies (which signals that the immune system is over reactive), eventually leads to the body attacking the vagus nerve.  Although it sounds impossible to have your body attack such an important part of your body, there are a number of important CNS self-antigens.
(listed here https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK299208/table/ch29_t29.1/?report=objectonly)

Furthermore, Vagal nerve antibodies have been found in people with diabetes, and are associated with a significantly lower HRV (http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/13/10/1084).  If POIS is an autoimmune disease with the Vagus Nerve as a target tissue, theoretically it would result in systemic effects effecting the ANS (the Vagus Nerve being the longest cranial nerve, an essential part of the autonomic nervous system).  I have attached a picture that relates diseases and their bio-markers to how far reaching the symptoms are in the body, take a look because ANA is at the far end of the "Multi-systemic autoimmune diseases."  An autoimmune disease affecting the Vagus nerve would certainly be systemic, as the main effects would be related to the function of the Vagus nerve, which includes (from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4082307/):  "metabolic homeostasis by controlling heart rate, gastrointestinal motility and secretion, pancreatic endocrine and exocrine secretion, hepatic glucose production, and other visceral functions. In addition, the vagus nerve is a major constituent of a neural reflex mechanism?the inflammatory reflex?that controls innate immune responses and inflammation during pathogen invasion and tissue injury...Inflammation is normally a local and temporary event and, upon its resolution, immune and physiological homeostasis is restored. However, disrupted innate immune regulation can result in continual pro-inflammatory cytokine activity and excessive or chronic inflammation. This state underlies the pathogenesis of a range of disease syndromes, including sepsis, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease and other inflammatory and autoimmune disorders." 

POIS certainly presents strong effects relating to a lack of homeostasis and dysfunction of the autonomic system.  I could give countless examples, but the most recent/relevant example would definitely be Demografx and his problems with fainting lately.  Fainting is the result of an overactive Vagus nerve, and although POIS is associated with an under active Vagus nerve, fainting can be the result of dozens of different triggers and is simply a malfunction in the autonomic nervous system's ability to maintain homeostasis.  This is a serious problem, as it leads to numerous diseases, and could be one factor in why there are so many, and such a broad range of symptoms in POIS.

"It is also possible for an individual to have two different autoimmune diseases (e.g. thyroid disease and rheumatoid arthritis) simultaneously.  This happens far more frequently than would be expected by chance."  This could be another factor in why the symptoms of POIS vary so much, but could link these outlier symptoms to common conditions other than POIS.  "Similarly, there may be clustering of autoimmune diseases within the same family.  This phenomenon can be explained partly by the underlying genetic basis of these diseases."  (http://www.phadia.com/en-GB/3/Diseases/)  These factors could explain why the autoimmune/hormonal aspect of POIS is clear, but the cause is so mysterious with the many different POIS types and symptom clusters.

Although the positive ANA result could be from one of the factors leading to varied symptoms, I think it's more likely related to POIS, and people need to test for it during POIS (since antibody's are produced in response to an antigen, it needs to be tested during POIS).  Even though ANA is most often linked to lupus, it is a collection of over a dozen antibodies that are linked to many conditions, and only a few of these antibodies are linked to lupus.  I would ask your doctor to follow this flowchart for a positive ANA result if they dismissed it (http://www.questdiagnostics.com/hcp/intguide/Immuno/ALG_ANA_MultiplexCascade.pdf), since lupus symptoms are similar to POIS.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 07:39:17 PM »
Great post TTP !  It's obvious to me that you have read a lot and worked a lot on understanding POIS pathophysiology. 

I think you will not be surprised if I say that I am very much in tune with what you wrote about what may cause POIS.  The immune system over reacting, the mast cells activation, the histamine and other inflammatory immune messengers, including pro-inflammatory cytokines up-regulating many enzymes and process, and the resulting, long lasting chaos in the body, creating symptoms for days.  I also agree that we, POIS sufferers, are a favorable land for growing auto-immune disorders, and we may have more than one ( Waldinger have noted that most subject in his 45 subjects study were atopic)

It makes sense that this generalized inflammation can reach to the vagus nerve.  It could explain some symptoms, and overall, could explain the fact that the vagal nerve have lost its function of stopping the inflammation process in the body through the the Cholinergic anti-inflammatory Pathway  ( CAP ).

Is it Singulair/montelukast that has brought you a significant relief for you POIS symptoms?  As you may know, instead of using this prescription only mast cell stabilizer, I use natural mast cell stabilizers - see http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2372.msg19856#msg19856  .   Quercetin, among others, is my favorite for efficiency and good tolerance ( no side effects for me).

Thanks again for all the time you have devoted in digging about the nature of the complex POIS multi-headed monster.  That is how our collective understanding of this disorder makes progress!

« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 07:41:12 PM by Quantum »

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2017, 09:21:35 AM »
trusttheprocess, many thanks for your great contribution!!
Demo
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

b_jim

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 11:02:05 AM »
immune system lead to a slowed rate of histamine clearance,

Brillant, very nice idea.

This could explain why many POIS sufferers report lifelong premature ejaculation, something that people with elevated histamine levels tend to report

I suspect taurine may have a low influence on premature ejaculation.
I wonder if taurine could influance histamines.
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

caveeater

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 04:32:01 PM »
This theory makes so much sense!

All i can say personally is that I have a few genetic defects: one for  DAO production (needed to break down histamine), two in MAO (involved with mood), and one involved with adrenaline.

Removing allergenic foods from my diet helped me when I am both in and out of POIS. When I'm in POIS - my tolerance for certain foods is very low. Chocolate for example.

b_jim

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2017, 09:11:06 AM »
PROS / CONS Histamine argument in Pois:

CONS :
-Anti-histamine (like loratadine) seems not work for me. Dr Waldinger seems not convinced by anti-histamines.

PROS :
- Histamine is linked to sleep/wake cycle and trouble of counsciousness (typical narcolepsy seems to share some symptoms with Pois).
- Cataplexy, other symptom of narcolepsy is a loss of musclar energy. I don't know if it could be compared to our loss of muscular energy in pois.
- Of course, all "allergic symptoms" in Pois like flu-like symptoms, eyes, itchings...
- Link between with vitamin D and food allergies pdf study
-Premature ejaculation.

I have to say that one my first strategy to attack Pois 20 years ago has been to contact narcolepsy experts, before the rise of the internet. Because cognitive troubles always been my most important symptoms and I found narcolepsy more or less close to Pois.

I made another hypothesis :

All what is a mast cell stabilizer can reduce Pois symptoms.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 12:04:20 PM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Pois 2011

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2017, 03:43:37 AM »
Anyone ever tried an histamine intollerance diet?

http://www.histamineintolerance.org.uk/about/the-food-diary/the-food-list/

Vandemolen

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2019, 10:14:18 AM »
Hi Everyone

Doctors did full immune system blood tests and found raised levels of ALA (Antinuclear antibody) in my blood. I think this is a major find.
During orgasm dopamine and histamine are both released. I think in POIS, the histamine triggers production of ALA which then shuts down the cell nucleus and DNA activity.
This is an immunological disease as many of us thought on this board 15 years ago.
Has anyone else had these blood tests related to lupus done ??
Please post if you have and what were the findings ?

Bizzy
My ANA is too high: 1.160. Should be less than 1.80. The blood test was out of POIS. I saw that 1 other POIS-patient has a high ANA too.

I did not check my ALA. I have not discussed the result for ANA yet with my doctor. Maybe he will let me check my ALA foo. My anti-dsDNA was ok. So I guess I do not have Lupus. ENA was also ok. But my IgM was too high.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 10:23:11 AM by Vandemolen »
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.