Author Topic: Is this POIS and has it gone worse?  (Read 5597 times)

FedUpWithThis

Is this POIS and has it gone worse?
« on: September 27, 2016, 04:28:57 PM »
Hi all, I've had brain fog for a lot of years constantly now. I thought that it would just be exhaustion because of exercising and then masturbating, but none of my friends had the same symptoms. I've been searching all over the net for brain fog and what causes it, tried to take fish oil as a supplement but I have found out what is the cause of it, although I did suspect it would come from masturbating.

I have found out about POIS a few months ago so I tried see how directly related is masturbation to my extreme exhaustion. Turned up, it happens about 90% percent of the time I get at least one symptom the day after (on the same day, I get bad at socializing and my sight gets slown down).

I have a question, because the matter got worse this month. I used to get brain fog, reduced perception (sight, hearing), very slow reaction time, feeling like I am detached, unable to socialize and a lot of times extreme exhaustion ehich would drag on for a few days up to a week.

Now, I get higher temperature along with the other symptoms (37?C +) and I feel like sh1t (sorry for this), everything hurts me so much, just like if I had a flu and I barely sleep. Oh and I get diarrhea for two days as well. I've had "this" three times in one month, so it's hardly a flu. It's correlated to masturbation, and the symptoms increase with the intensity of orgasm.

I want to know, can POIS give those symptoms? Or am I just unlucky and caught a cold three times in a row?

I am 23 years old now, and had a brain fog for at least ten years (there were a few days in a year that I would feel great during high school and college). I tried abstinence, but sometimes I get to a point where I can't hold it anymore, even though I know how crappy I will feel after... Also there are wet dreams which I can't help.

I exercise 4 times a week, calisthenics, but I feel like limited because of this.

I am very sad and depressed most of the time because of constant exhaustion and brain foggyness. There are only a few days each year that I feel on point, motivated and energetic... It's killing me knowing how I can't reach my potential. I am afraid of work now.

Quantum

• Administrator
Re: Is this POIS and has it gone worse?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 09:48:40 PM »
I FedUpWithThis, and welcome on the forum,

Yes, all the symptoms you have mentioned are known POIS symptoms. 

For a rather complete list of known POIS symptons, see in this post  In this list, symptoms are grouped in four clusters.  Nobody has all the symptoms in this list, but some members have symptoms in all 4 clusters.

Honestly, lowering your ejaculation frequency as much as possible would be a good thing to do for now.
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

POISse

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 02:34:42 AM »
Hi FedUpWithThis,

All the symptoms you mentioned are very common.
I present similar symptoms, and I'm the same age.
There are plenty of people who found a treatment for their Pois symptoms and I encourage you to go through the forum to find more about this.
I also encourage you to stop exercising while on pois because it increases a lot brain fog/fatigue for some members.

Good luck on your research,

POISse

Raj

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 04:48:15 PM »
I feel you bro. We are all suffering from this hellish illness, you are not alone. I have a question. How do you manage to do calisthenics with symptoms? I do strength training but the symptoms (fatigue, elevated heart rate etc) hold me back from training consistently. I kind of push myself every time before hitting the gym. And the worst part is that a single ejaculation makes my condition so miserable that I can't get out of bed & it takes almost a week or so to fully recover & be able to start working out again. I love bodybuilding, it's my passion. But POIS is a big hindrance for me. It's very unfair.

Raj

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 04:54:45 PM »
Forgot to mention, I feel amazing after finishing workout. It's like 90% of my symptoms diminishes after each workout session. Symptoms return on the next day, though.

Miyagi

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 10:24:11 AM »
These days (past year) my pois has gotten more debilitating. Now I get sweats and i burn up after sex, with or without orgasm. I can only imagine it is due to me having a gf and having sex every week. And the more mistakes (i.e. bad sudden decisions) I make the more depressed I feel. I'm planning to break up with my gf to help control myself. My women just doesnt get how bad it is for me. Its no good saying "Ill support you as much as i can", then tease me by taking off your clothes and wanna "cuddle" naked. Abstinence is nearly impossible under my current circumstances.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 10:26:14 AM by MiY4Gi »

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2016, 04:41:44 PM »
Forgot to mention, I feel amazing after finishing workout. It's like 90% of my symptoms diminishes after each workout session. Symptoms return on the next day, though.

My opinion on this is that all the anti-inflammatory messengers that our body produce during exercise is beneficial against POIS.  But in my case, it has to be moderate, or like shared elsewhere, I have a hard time to recover from exercise.

Moderate exercise on day two after E has always been beneficial for me to get rid of residual POIS symptoms  ( when I had no pre-pack, day 1 was too hard for me to exercise, I had strong hypotension, but day 2 was ok).
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 04:48:21 PM »
These days (past year) my pois has gotten more debilitating. Now I get sweats and i burn up after sex, with or without orgasm. I can only imagine it is due to me having a gf and having sex every week. And the more mistakes (i.e. bad sudden decisions) I make the more depressed I feel. I'm planning to break up with my gf to help control myself. My women just doesnt get how bad it is for me. Its no good saying "Ill support you as much as i can", then tease me by taking off your clothes and wanna "cuddle" naked. Abstinence is nearly impossible under my current circumstances.

Having a relationship and having POIS is sometime hard to manage.  There is an aspect in the female psychology about seducing, and the desire to be desired, and this aspect is often linked to be or not to be, loved by her man..  If a man seems to avoid sex or do not express physically his desire, a woman can interpret this as a waning interest, a lack of love for her.  That's human and normal, and even saying that it is not so is not always enough to reassure this insecure state.

there is a fine line to find.  But it is very hard to find a woman who will understand what toll POIS can have on you, because it is so rare and so unheard of in the mainstream culture.  Be reassuring, but realize that our "difference" is not easy to understand for someone else.   Hang on, MiY4Gi, and find your balance in all that. 

Finding some relief for your symptoms, with anti-inflammatory medications or else, will ease the process of finding a balance, for sure.

Miyagi

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 06:57:08 AM »
Thanks Quantum, she is very understanding, and what you said does seem to be happening, but thats more coz we dont really talk much nowadays with me almost constantly in pois. When we are being intimate though its like i get pulled into her pace, and its incredibly hard for me to say no. Even just cuddling gets me excited. I lack discipline, and even though i keep saying to myself "dont do it, its not worth the pleasure", just feeling my body against her is overwheming. The worst part is that i ejaculate prematurely many times, abd then i feel like its her fault, even though i know i should have stopped on my own. I feel that pois makes me very lustful and its hard abstain. I guess i just have to keep trying. Soon i'll try some of the other remedies here on poiscenter, but i'm still cautious after my disappointment at niacin not doing anything. Ive been with her for 3 years now, but the first year we didn get sexual, but the past two years my pois has gotten a lot worse and Im cpnvinced it is due to my regular sex. At least nowadays i wstch what i say in pois since i would have angry outbursts, smash windows, or just say the nasty things floating around in my head. Having a gf and pois is really hard.

devastated

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 03:46:38 PM »
Now, I get higher temperature along with the other symptoms (37?C +) and I feel like sh1t (sorry for this), everything hurts me so much, just like if I had a flu and I barely sleep. Oh and I get diarrhea for two days as well

After almost 30 years of POIS, it gets exactly like this for me as well, especially if ejaculation occurs sooner than I recover (which is a 7-10 cycle for me nowadays). Having sex or masturbating more than twice a week becomes utterly debilitating. I just need to lie down in the dark away from any noise until it all subsides (fibromyalgia, flu symptoms, brainfog, irritability, depression, photophobia etc). All this suffering and organic stress year after year unfortunately have taken their toll. Although I have an otherwise strong organism, POIS has caused some premature aging.

My only advice is patience and hope that a cure will finally be found (within our lifespan). You may try some of the suggested treatments which claim to alleviate the symptoms and can be found all around the forum. Remember to exercise caution though.

Mr Raba

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 12:17:50 AM »
Meditation twice per day helps me a lot.

If you do not how you can do this guided meditation. It helps at first try. The key is doing everyday.

Other meditation by Sri Sri are also very good. Find what u like.

Also listening to his talks can be calming and helpful to me.

These practices can reduce inflammation,depression  anger, etc.
I am now often happy. And Pois is improved for me.

Ideally meditate at waking up and at sunset. Not with full stomach. So before meals is practical.

Very easy with this link.
https://youtu.be/UweycXm1bSM

« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 12:26:13 AM by Mr Raba »
Simultaneous onset of CFS and POIS since Feb 1993. Married since 1989.

Helped by Immunocal (I explained how to take in previous posts).  Some relief on day one and day two.  It affects neurotransmitters.