Author Topic: How can I feel more energetic after sex?  (Read 3522 times)

less_fogged

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: How can I feel more energetic after sex?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 11:45:27 AM »
Good publicity for us!

From the article less_fogged posted above:

"Although not well understood, some doctors and scientists have begun to look at what is called “post-orgasmic illness syndrome,” a name for the experience some people have of feeling extreme fatigue, anxiety, irritability and/or having headaches after sex."

« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 11:47:03 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Quantum

• Administrator
Re: How can I feel more energetic after sex?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 03:33:19 PM »
Thanks for the link, less fogged!

What I find really great, beside this direct exposure we get for POIS, is that another doctor, specialized in sex therapy, seems to become aware of POIS.  At the end of the article:

"Kinsey Confidential is a collaboration of The Kinsey Institute and the IU School of Public Health. Dr. Debby Herbenick is an associate professor at Indiana University and author of six books about sex including “The Coregasm Workout” and “Sex Made Easy.” Find our blog and archived Q&A at KinseyConfidential.org. Follow Dr. Herbenick on Twitter @DebbyHerbenick and Kinsey Confidential at @KinseyCon."

We now know that Dr Debby Herbenick is well aware of what POIS is, and seems to show interest in this rare syndrome.  Also, Dr Herbenick seems to be very well known in the field of sexual therapy. She has her own wikipedia page, which is quite impressive:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debby_Herbenick .

Demo, is there a way that poiscenter.com can contact her, and let her know about this forum and about how many members we have here suffering from POIS, and the data we have gathered here ?

« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 03:35:32 PM by Quantum »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259