Do you suffer of hypoglycemia

No
7 (41.2%)
Yes, only in Pois
7 (41.2%)
Yes, everytime.
3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Hypoglycemia  (Read 5455 times)

b_jim

Hypoglycemia
« on: August 03, 2011, 01:13:47 PM »
Do you suffer from hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) ?

Symptoms : ( wiki )

Adrenergic manifestations

* Shakiness, anxiety, nervousness
    * Palpitations, tachycardia
    * Sweating, feeling of warmth (although sweat glands have muscarinic receptors, thus "adrenergic manifestations" is not entirely accurate)
    * Pallor, coldness, clamminess
    * Dilated pupils (mydriasis)
    * Feeling of numbness "pins and needles" (paresthesia)

Glucagon manifestations

* Hunger, borborygmus
    * Nausea, vomiting, abdominal discomfort
    * Headache

Neuroglycopenic manifestations

* Abnormal mentation, impaired judgment
    * Nonspecific dysphoria, moodiness, depression, crying, exaggerated concerns
    * Negativism, irritability, belligerence, combativeness, rage
    * Personality change, emotional lability
    * Fatigue, weakness, apathy, lethargy, daydreaming, sleep
    * Confusion, amnesia, dizziness, delirium
    * Staring, "glassy" look, blurred vision, double vision
    * Flashes of light in the field of vision
    * Automatic behavior, also known as automatism
    * Difficulty speaking, slurred speech
    * Ataxia, incoordination, sometimes mistaken for "drunkenness"
    * Focal or general motor deficit, paralysis, hemiparesis
    * Paresthesia, headache
    * Stupor, coma, abnormal breathing
    * Generalized or focal seizures
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Daveman

• Administrator
Re: Hypoglycemia
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 02:14:12 PM »
Of course the only REAL test of hypoglycemia is through blood test and urine tests. The symptoms can obviously point a doctor in the direction to deciding which tests to make. Many of the symptoms are similar to POIS.

I answered no, as I have never measured as hypoglycemic, although I haven't been measured lately, and my father tended to be slightly hypoglycemic.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 05:44:51 PM »
Of course the only REAL test of hypoglycemia is through blood test and urine tests. The symptoms can obviously point a doctor in the direction to deciding which tests to make. Many of the symptoms are similar to POIS.

I answered no, as I have never measured as hypoglycemic, although I haven't been measured lately, and my father tended to be slightly hypoglycemic.

I want to ask you a question daveman.

How would you explain that the symptoms of hypoglycemia are very similar of the ones of POIS if hypoglycemic foods or foods that lower the level of blood sugar are good for cognitive symptoms, while hiperglycemic foods like red meat, deserts, creams, sodas drinks... will cause a significant spike of POIS cognitive symptoms?? IsnĀ“t that a contradiction??

Thank you very much again, Daveman.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 08:32:18 AM »
Symptoms of hypoglycemia according to B_Jim's list include many of the cognitive symptoms that we all know.

So, if hyoglycemic foods HELP POIS symptoms, it must be that they bring us into a more normal range... therefore implying that we are normally hyperglycemic in POIS.

Obviously if we were hypoglycemic which either was the actual cause of POIS or even exagerated POIS, the last thing we would want to do is eat hypoglycemic foods (foods that lower the blood suger).

Although I don't particularly remember B_Jim's diet. Perhaps by "hypoglycemic diet", it may mean a diet that is GOOD for hypoglycemics. So that part we whould have to get good and straight first.

But all that aside. Symptoms are NOT the disease. A car may kick and sputter and have little power, those are the symptoms. But those symptoms may be caused by a number of different things: from dirty or worn spark plugs to plugged gas filter or poorly adjusted timing.

It worse with humans, because the system is infinitely more complicated.

From so much of what we have seen with POIS, it seems that certain things like excess or deficit of blood-sguar exagerate POIS symptoms, rather than cause them or be the origin of them. Like a car that is not in the best of condition, if the oil is very old and dirty, the bad performance is exagerated.

If POIS is just hypoglycemia, fantastic, let's prove and look into why in us orgasm triggers hypoglycemia.

If POIS is releived by hypoglycemic foods, let us understand what these foods do to help (bring us into a normal range?)

But its more likely that POIS just causes symptoms that are similar to hypoglycemic symptoms.

I'd love to welcome all the theories in the world. But each one should be responsible with truth and support as much as possible for his theory. This end is NOT fullfilled merely in resolving just the symptoms.

We must use the results of tests to isolate casues, and THEN attack the causes.

And the more of this type of work we do, the better prepared we will be when we come to present our case to the researchers. More BANG for our buck!!

After all, we're not millionaires.
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Chris

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 03:40:36 AM »
I used to have but strangely when i stopped eating sugar and sweets because of POIS the hypoglycemia stopped also.When i was eating those kind of stuff i used to have hypoglycemia once in a week at least.For the past 1 year that i stopped eating sweets i've never had even once.Strange..

b_jim

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 02:27:00 AM »
I used to have but strangely when i stopped eating sugar and sweets because of POIS the hypoglycemia stopped also.When i was eating those kind of stuff i used to have hypoglycemia once in a week at least.For the past 1 year that i stopped eating sweets i've never had even once.Strange..

Happy to read that.
That's not strange for me because I had the same experience in 2008  :)
I had hypoglycemias ALL days especially before meals (11AM).
The fact is this form of hypoglycemia (REACTIVE hypoglycemia) is not very well admitted by scientific knowledge. But it's reality.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 02:29:49 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.