Author Topic: Re: Applications for participation in Dr. K's POIS study  (Read 79495 times)

FloppyBanana

Re: Applications for participation in Dr. K's POIS study
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2015, 11:47:57 AM »
(You'll each have to read about him online -- his path to vagus nerve research and orgasm is nothing like you might have imagined and had nothing to do with sex.)

Thanks for the two updates below. Glad to hear Dr Wise is on board. Do you know where would be a good place to read about Dr K's path of development?

Oh and happy new year to everyone!
FB
30 years of POIS. Mytelase after O with Iceman breathing technique.

Stef

« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2015, 06:37:36 PM »
(You'll each have to read about him online -- his path to vagus nerve research and orgasm is nothing like you might have imagined and had nothing to do with sex.)

Thanks for the two updates below. Glad to hear Dr Wise is on board. Do you know where would be a good place to read about Dr K's path of development?

Oh and happy new year to everyone!
FB
Hi Floppy,

Dr. Komisaruk's earlier research was on the sensory pathways of pain and the neurochemicals that block pain. If you do a search involving him with these topics, you'll gradually find information about his path to the Rutgers orgasm lab.

Stef

Nightingale

« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2015, 11:05:01 PM »
Hi, Everyone --

I've  some good news about the study that I wanted to share ASAP.

Dr. Komisaruk has just brought a Clinical Study Coordinator on board for the POIS study. I heard from her yesterday. She'll be reaching out to all applicants via email. First and foremost, she'll be individually acknowledging receipt of each of your applications:

Nan Wise, PhD
Assistant Research Professor, Psychology, Rutgers-Newark
Fellow, The American Psychotherapy Association
Fellow, The National Board for Clinical Hypnotherapists
Board Certified Diplomate, The American Board of Examiners in Social Work
Certified Sex Therapist, AASECT

Dr. Wise is an associate of Dr. Komisaruk at Rutgers, and is an experienced clinician and researcher in her own right. Her doctorate is in neuroscience, and she has been directly involved in Dr. K's studies related to fMRIs.  She's co-authored at least one paper with him.

From the three brief emails we've exchanged, it's obvious that she's aware of and sensitive to the issues and miseries that can accompany a condition like POIS. You'll find her to be approachable and very kind (and knowledgeable!). Additionally, Dr. Wise is aware of the frustration that applicants have expressed on the forum due to the lack of communications, and intends to remedy this.

So -- you should be hearing from her VERY soon.

Best wishes,

Stef

It's been a month since this post, and I wonder if there has been any movement here. I haven't heard from the Clinical Study Coordinator personally, has anyone else?
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

G-man

« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2015, 11:36:19 PM »
It's been a month since this post, and I wonder if there has been any movement here. I haven't heard from the Clinical Study Coordinator personally, has anyone else?
I haven't heard from anyone yet regarding my application

Going less Crazy

« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2015, 07:42:56 PM »
Are applications still being accepted?  I'm getting tired of this condition and I go to Rutgers New Brunswick, though not the Newark one, I am still pretty close.
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Stef

« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2015, 12:45:34 AM »
Nightingale and G-Man,

I've only just read your posts a few minutes ago about not hearing back yet from the study coordinator. Don't know how I missed your posts, but please don't think you were being ignored.

This is perplexing -- I don't know why you haven't heard from Rutgers.  If you two haven't heard back, probably no one else has either.

I'll contact the study coordinator about it and post back as soon as I hear from her.

Going Less Crazy -- I'll also ask if they're still accepting applications.

Stef

Stef

« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2015, 04:28:17 PM »
Hi, Going Less Crazy (and Everyone Else)--

I've just heard back from the study's clinical coordinator, Dr. Nan Wise. Yes, please feel free to send your application in if you're still interested.

Dr. Wise will be posting directly on the forum, so you all should be seeing information from her -- probably over the next week or so.

FYI -- all is well with the study.  The delays were related to the typical issues that delay most clinical research studies, and it now sounds like participation will be starting very soon!

Best to all,
Stef

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2015, 09:11:21 PM »

« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 12:38:21 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #128 on: February 03, 2015, 01:18:45 AM »

10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Outsider

« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2015, 07:04:37 AM »

I've just heard back from the study's clinical coordinator, Dr. Nan Wise. Yes, please feel free to send your application in if you're still interested.

Dr. Wise will be posting directly on the forum, so you all should be seeing information from her -- probably over the next week or so.

FYI -- all is well with the study.  The delays were related to the typical issues that delay most clinical research studies, and it now sounds like participation will be starting very soon!

Best to all,
Stef

Hi stef,
is there any information about their work, their theory,
something helping to slow down the symp'
36 years old, very strong physical symptoms past my 33 years,
symp psycho, neuro and physical

Nightingale

« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2015, 12:13:37 PM »

Best to all,
Stef

Good to hear, looking forward to it
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

Stef

« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2015, 12:26:06 PM »

Hi Stef,

Is there any information about their work, their theory,
something helping to slow down the symptoms?

Hi Outsider,

First of all, how are you doing? Have you had any improvement with the dystonia? Are you still considering the Botox injections?

(Botox has been used with good results in many people with different types of dystonia. That's just an FYI to you and the other forum members.)

There's no information/results to report about the POIS research yet. They are about to contact a few applicants (possibly 2) to participate, and it seems they are going to first choose men who live relatively close to Rutgers University. They are being very cautious at this early stage. As frustratingly slow as this has been going, at least you all can be certain that Dr. Komisaruk is taking none of this casually.

As you know, Dr. Komisaruk's theory is that abnormal vagus nerve response might cause the symptoms of POIS. The study will examine the vagus nerve response after ejaculation in men with POIS (compared to men without POIS).

I wish there were more to report, Outsider.

Please let us know how you're doing, especially with that awful drug-induced dystonia.  I wish I spoke French!

Best wishes,
Stef

« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 10:04:44 AM by demografx »

Stef

« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2015, 12:32:15 PM »

Best to all,
Stef

Good to hear, looking forward to it

I'm trying my best to not sound like a broken record!

Stef
:-)

Prancer

« Reply #133 on: February 04, 2015, 01:43:30 AM »
Cool graphics demografx - and the message they convey tops it all off! Great to hear that about the study.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: February 04, 2015, 09:37:28 AM »
Thanks, Prancer!

Outsider

« Reply #135 on: February 04, 2015, 09:56:40 AM »
Hi stef,
Hi stef,
[/quote]

Hi Outsider,

First of all, how are you doing? Have you had any improvement with the dystonia? Are you still considering the Botox injections?

(Botox has been used with good results in many people with different types of dystonia. That's just an FYI to you and the other forum members.)

There's no information/results to report about the POIS research yet. They are about to contact a few applicants (possibly 2) to participate, and it seems they are going to first choose men who live relatively close to Rutgers University. They are being very cautious at this early stage. As frustratingly slow as this has been going, at least you all can be certain that Dr. Komisaruk is taking none of this casually.

As you know, Dr. Komisaruk's theory is that abnormal vagus nerve response might cause the symptoms of POIS. The study will examine the vagus nerve response after ejaculation in men with POIS (compared to men without POIS).

I wish there were more to report, Outsider.

Please let us know how you're doing, especially with that awful drug-induced dystonia.  I wish I spoke French!

Best wishes,
Stef
[/quote]

Bonjour Stef,

Many thancks for your sweet messsage,

i m pretty bad sick since a couple of days, i don't know what's going on,
pb from medication or food, not easy to speak in english with my brain fog
I need to fix this illness for this year, it's getting too hard

A bientot,
Outsider

36 years old, very strong physical symptoms past my 33 years,
symp psycho, neuro and physical