Author Topic: Re: demo's meeting with Dr. Komisaruk  (Read 34450 times)

Colm

Re: demo's meeting with Dr. Komisaruk
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2014, 02:00:47 AM »
Ok, It appears Demo & Daveman have linked us over to new POIS forum, for technical reasons at the Google groups link http://tinyurl.com/llfyrxt

I can understand this totally, as you suggest it is for security and time saving reasons for Administrators.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 02:20:54 AM by Colm »

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2014, 08:05:32 AM »
Ok, It appears Demo & Daveman have linked us over to new POIS forum, for technical reasons at the Google groups link http://tinyurl.com/llfyrxt

I can understand this totally, as you suggest it is for security and time saving reasons for Administrators.

Colm, thanks for the tiny URL. Actually Demo's link had an extra "/m" in it. I fixed it, so the link should work now.... the one to Google that is.

We are having a number of problems that have resulted from the hosting service having been sold. They have changed the version levels of some of the key server software, which is causing problems for us.

A fix for this one way or another would cost one or two thousand dollars, and could take  some time.

So as not to lose (more) valuable information, It would be best to switch over to google groups. It may not be as pretty, but it has all the features that we have here.

I know change is difficult, but, at an important time like this we need to carry on safely.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

mellivora

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2014, 08:16:04 AM »
I went over to Google Groups to take a look. From Daveman's latest message on there it sounds like poiscenter has now been upgraded and we are staying here for now. That's great but I'm concerned about the important thread that disappeared - the one for posting feedback to Dr Komisaruk about his draft questionnaires etc. The thread disappeared straight after I posted my feedback so I'm concerned this information (and the feedback from other members) won't have reached Dr Komisaruk. Does the thread still exist somewhere? Is the window for feedback still open? I know I can email Dr Komisaruk directly but I've never had any acknowledgement to know that he received 2 previous emails i sent him (which pre-dated the request for feedback) and it would be great if i didn't have to try to remember what I typed previously. Could someone please advise on where we are with the feedback? Thanks

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2014, 10:00:37 AM »
I went over to Google Groups to take a look. From Daveman's latest message on there it sounds like poiscenter has now been upgraded and we are staying here for now. That's great but I'm concerned about the important thread that disappeared - the one for posting feedback to Dr Komisaruk about his draft questionnaires etc. The thread disappeared straight after I posted my feedback so I'm concerned this information (and the feedback from other members) won't have reached Dr Komisaruk. Does the thread still exist somewhere? Is the window for feedback still open? I know I can email Dr Komisaruk directly but I've never had any acknowledgement to know that he received 2 previous emails i sent him (which pre-dated the request for feedback) and it would be great if i didn't have to try to remember what I typed previously. Could someone please advise on where we are with the feedback? Thanks

Hi Mel,

Yes the window is still open for feedback, but, unfortunatley the thread got erased and there was no backup because pre-upgrade errors weren't letting me do them.

I should have a backed up database from the day before the loss, which should have the information. It's a matter of rescuing it. ut not straight-forward.

I won't happen again though. We're pretty clean now.

Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

mellivora

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2014, 04:41:28 AM »
Ok, thanks. Well perhaps then we should start a new thread (unless you are able to rescue the old one but I know you are very busy with work stuff).  Do we know if  Dr Komisaruk keeps track of the forum feedback directly? Or do you and Demo pass it on? Thanks

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2014, 05:40:20 PM »
Ok, thanks. Well perhaps then we should start a new thread (unless you are able to rescue the old one but I know you are very busy with work stuff).  Do we know if  Dr Komisaruk keeps track of the forum feedback directly? Or do you and Demo pass it on? Thanks

Not really sure. I sent you a PM though.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2014, 05:46:31 PM »

Both, Mel. Not sure how much he sees at the forum, though.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2014, 06:52:48 PM »

If you want to make sure Dr Komisaruk sees anything, email him.

brk@psychology.rutgers.edu
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business