Author Topic: cure! GET YOUR THYROID TESTED  (Read 12059 times)

POIS_DICK

cure! GET YOUR THYROID TESTED
« on: February 14, 2014, 01:16:31 PM »
For me, POIS was definitely thyroid related (I'm willing to bet this is the case for many of you). I never had POIS, until I was diagnosed with a thyroid condition. After suffering for years with the condition, and reading many books, I pieced all the pieces of the puzzle together and FINALLY started to feel normal. Now, POIS isn't anywhere near as severe as it used to be. Everyone here, get your thyroid checked. Get the full thyroid panel tested which is: TSH,FT3, FT4, total t3, total t4, reverse t3, and antibodies. Most doctors won't check reverse T3 and antibodies on their own, which is VERY important to check, so ask for it. If the test reveals a thyroid disease, and the doctor is willing to prescribe T4 only (like most doctors), FIND A DIFFERENT DOCTOR. Chances are you will never feel normal on T4 only (some do, but many people are suffering on it). Before starting the meds, get a full iron panel to check iron levels. A cortisol test should also be done, saliva testing is the most accurate (this is usually a private test that can be ordered online and sent to a lab). This is very important as the thyroid meds will not work without optimal iron and cortisol levels. If needed, start an iron supplement and hydrocortisone (cortef) for some time before you begin thyroid treatment.

Now for the thyroid treatment itself. I would start off with a nature dessicated thyroid which contains all the thyroid hormones, T4,t3,t2,t1. This is much better than the miserable t4 only meds (which is an inactive hormone that needs to be converted to the active hormone, T3). The brand Armour (USA version) changed their formula years ago, and people are reporting it's not as effective, so you could try ERFA, which is made in Canada. If your iron and cortisol levels are optimal and the dessicated thyroid is not working, you're just like me, but there's still hope. Some people don't convert T4 into T3 very well, instead it pools around the cell (labs look good, meanwhile it's not getting into the cell). If this is the case, the only way to clear the reverse T3, is to take T3 only. So many people suffering could benefit from this under-prescribed thyroid treatment. However, by taking T3 only, your labs will look much different, so it's important to dose yourself based on symptoms. And trust me, you will know if you are over/under medicated, the symptoms are classic.

Since most thyroid disease is an autoimmune condition (antibodies are present), it's also important to eliminate gluten from the diet as this adds gas to the fire.

It seems like most doctors specialize in everything but thyroid conditions. So if you are having a hard time getting dessicated thyroid, t3, or hydrocortisone prescribed, PM me and I'll let you know where you can get it :)

this seriously saved me. My libido is now through the roof and POIS only lasts a few hours. Some times a day, but hey, I'll take that over 10-14 days like it used to be.

Bulbo

Re: cure! GET YOUR THYROID TESTED
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 02:18:24 AM »
Hello POIS_DICK
     Glad to hear about your success with hypothyroid medication. i get only t4 easily in my country. i want to try it.but i dont know what dose is appropriate. if you are using t4 , then what dose are you using? thanks .Please help.

FloppyBanana

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 05:20:01 AM »
Hi POIS_Dick,
Do you take the medication daily or just when you have sex? How long did it take you to find the right balance of medication?
Thanks FloppyB
30 years of POIS. Mytelase after O with Iceman breathing technique.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 10:08:38 PM »
That's interesting, I got an ultrasound of my thyroid about 2 months ago as recommended by my doctor.  Found out that I have a benign tumor on my thyroid gland and am rescheduled to go back in a couple months or so.  Wondering if that tumor affects my POIS.
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

POIS_DICK

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 01:07:35 PM »
Hello POIS_DICK
     Glad to hear about your success with hypothyroid medication. i get only t4 easily in my country. i want to try it.but i dont know what dose is appropriate. if you are using t4 , then what dose are you using? thanks .Please help.

I don't use any T4, I can't tolerate it. I'm guessing something is 'broken' on a cellular level which prevents t4 converting to t3. I couldn't help you with dosing, it greatly varies.
Hi POIS_Dick,
Do you take the medication daily or just when you have sex? How long did it take you to find the right balance of medication?
Thanks FloppyB

I take it everyday. It took me a few months of trial and error to get the time and dosing right. In a journal, I kept track of the time, dose, and symptoms (heart rate, temperature, mental clarity, etc.). After a few months it was easy to spot any patterns and fine-tune the dose to my needs.

Bulbo

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 11:09:22 PM »
Hello POIS_DICK

I don't use any T4, I can't tolerate it. I'm guessing something is 'broken' on a cellular level which prevents t4 converting to t3. I couldn't help you with dosing, it greatly varies.
Hi POIS_Dick,
Thanks FloppyB

I take it everyday. It took me a few months of trial and error to get the time and dosing right. In a journal, I kept track of the time, dose, and symptoms (heart rate, temperature, mental clarity, etc.). After a few months it was easy to spot any patterns and fine-tune the dose to my needs.
Do you have reactions with T4?

POIS_DICK

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 12:48:42 PM »

Do you have reactions with T4?
[/quote]
Yes! I feel more hypothyroid on it, I was better off not taking anything for my thyroid, than taking t4. This does NOT mean it won't work for you, everyone's different.

b_jim

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 12:46:10 PM »
Pois Dick, can you make a sumary of your symptoms ?
And now do you still take Lugol or iodine supplement ?
Thank you.

I saw people linking thyroid problems and hot flashes after carbs that's why i'm interested.
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

POIS_DICK

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 02:10:59 PM »
Pois Dick, can you make a sumary of your symptoms ?
And now do you still take Lugol or iodine supplement ?
Thank you.

I saw people linking thyroid problems and hot flashes after carbs that's why i'm interested.
The symptoms were EXTREME. Joint pain to the point I couldn't walk, dizziness like I spun around 10 times, clouded head like I was hungover. This was non stop for 5 years. Now add POIS to that and you got yourself the mathematical formula for hell. I don't take iodine anymore because it's a really controversial subject, some say it helps reduce thyroid antibodies, others say it makes it worse, so I'm avoiding it for now, at least until I do more research.

POISrival

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 01:43:59 PM »
It's really interesting that you get relieved by T3.
I have always thought that POIS had something to do with Hyperthyrodism not Hypothyrodism because My POIS symptoms have a lot of similarities with Hyperthyroidism (Irritability, inability to concentrate, Insmonia..etc)
POIS is my worst enemy

caveeater

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 07:18:58 AM »
Hi Pois Dick, it doesn't surprise me that thyroid hormones help you -  seems like this can be at the root of so many problems! The question is though...is it an autoimmune problem causing thyroid issues or vice versa?

For me, following an autoimmune diet, cutting out gluten and allergens and inflammatory foods has helped my energy levels massively.

BuckarooBanzai88

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2022, 01:31:09 PM »
Congratulations on your discovery!

I've recently found that CGRP Inhibitors (migraine medication) helps me tremendously.  I also recently discovered I have sub-clinical hypothyroidism.  Research suggests there's a (potentially bidirectional) link between migraine and thyroid disease.

I just thought you might be interested in case your symptoms ever worsen and you're looking for another treatment option.  I'm going to be investigating thyroid treatment in addition to a CGRP inhibitor for myself.

And here are the articles I've found:

Migraine / Thyroid / CGRP / Prostate
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10513604/
Migraine / Thyroid
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27676320/
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31310335/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3620300/
Migraine / Thyroid / Levothyroxine
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24665276/
Thyroid / CGRP
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/0303720784900844
http://ijpr.sbmu.ac.ir/article_79.html

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2022, 08:04:15 PM »

I've recently found that CGRP Inhibitors (migraine medication) helps me tremendously.

Very interesting!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

JayDeeSee

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2022, 02:08:26 PM »
This grabbed my attention. My thyroid feels swollen during POIS and feels like it pushes into my voicebox and windpipe, making it harder to speak, breath, and swallow. I've been experimenting with iodine and selenium. As soon as I get insurance again I'm definitely gonna get my thyroid checked.

famas40

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2023, 01:01:31 PM »
Friends should we do testes TSH, T3, T4 etc  before or after orgasm?

Hopeoneday

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2023, 02:07:13 PM »
Well if you asking me i would do it before and after too.
You will see then, are your thyroid is affected in pois or
dioposite..

Swell did had a clasicall hypothyroid symptoms, swelling etc...

Me, in my pois worst, my thyroid resulsts was perfect, ewen
antybodies panel was negative.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 03:53:24 PM by Hopeoneday »
Dr-pois.

famas40

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2023, 03:42:35 PM »
Guys I go these results today what do you think about my case ! Any help would be appreciated!

FireLordSL

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2023, 10:08:42 AM »
Guys I go these results today what do you think about my case ! Any help would be appreciated!

Your TSH levels are elevated! So its a sign of Hypothyroidism ! Go see an endocrinologist.
I m a medical student and I've been studying thyroid gland physiology and figured out many similarities between pois symptoms and hypothyroidism symptoms. Specially there is a an autoimmune disease called Hashimoto's disease which cause underactive thyroid causing hypothyroidism. Elevated TSH level is a main diagnosis of this diesease.