Author Topic: Histadelia - High Brain Histamine  (Read 22031 times)

Daveman

• Administrator
Re: Histadelia - High Brain Histamine
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 03:42:17 PM »
That's fine, it kills time meantime.

A success without the data is really a failure,
A failure with the data is actually a success.

That's the problem with all of this ameture investigation we do. As you said, the mega-dose of niacin didn't work, so you moved on, thinking that  trying a mega-dose was the right thing to do. So you probably missed an opportunbity because the approach was very incomplete.

You have to know why you are doing something and how you are going to do it, you have to know what to expect, and what the results mean. "That it didn't work" doesn't tell you anything.

Some took progesterone, but it didn't work, some took testosterone, but it didn't work. But they didn't even think that it may be very important to have the right dose or proper administration, and to take it under certain circumstances.

If you fail, but have the correct data, data that actually tells you something, then the failure is valuable.

I just got sick and tired of it. "Up to here" as they say. Trying and trying and trying, and nothing seeming to work, and zero answers from anything. I asked myself, WTF are we doing?

Like shooting at a target with your eyes closed.

I know you didn't invent any of what you said, but nobody among us can really pretend to understand it. There are some that may be on to something, but the formula is STILL in adjustment.

I will be surprised if a malformed gene has anything to do with it. But who knows?

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

VagSmasher

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2016, 10:37:52 PM »
I believe this theory is right. For me anyway.

Things I use to lower my Histamine and almost completely wipe out my POIS:

Quercetin
Forskolin
Astragalus
DAO enzyme
Probiotics; B. Infantis, L plantarum, B. Longum, L. Rhamnosus
Theanine
Bromelain
Barberry fruit extract
Chinese skullcap

These things ether lower Histamine release from mast cells or the degrade Histamine in the gut. I load up on them before O and after O with almost no POIS. I know Histamine is definitely my problem because I get the exact POIS symptoms after I eat high Histamine foods too, unless I take these supplements. The DAO enzyme and the Histamine degraded probiotics I use before high Histamine foods to degrade Histamine. Good luck all :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 10:43:24 PM by VagSmasher »
Symptoms: Brain Fog, Frustration, stuffed nose, anger, anxiety, and feel zoned out.

Marcusq

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2016, 04:18:21 PM »
Interesting link about histadelia, symptons and treatments:

http://www.joanmathewslarson.com/HRC_2006/Depression_06/D_roller_coaster.htm

Limejuice

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2016, 12:47:15 AM »
Simple POIS relief in reduction of brain histamine from a cold shower (or ice bucket challenge)?

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/172/3987/1037

FloppyBanana

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2016, 12:12:35 PM »
I believe this theory is right. For me anyway.

Things I use to lower my Histamine and almost completely wipe out my POIS:

Quercetin
Forskolin
Astragalus
DAO enzyme
Theanine
Bromelain
Barberry fruit extract
Chinese skullcap

These things ether lower Histamine release from mast cells or the degrade Histamine in the gut. I load up on them before O and after O with almost no POIS. I know Histamine is definitely my problem because I get the exact POIS symptoms after I eat high Histamine foods too, unless I take these supplements. The DAO enzyme and the Histamine degraded probiotics I use before high Histamine foods to degrade Histamine. Good luck all :)

Hey VagSmasher,

How long have you been taking DAO and how do you take it? A big dose a few hours before the big O? then continue taking it for a few days after?

Also is your list in order what you think is the most effective.

Thanks - FB
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 12:16:47 PM by FloppyBanana »
30 years of POIS. Mytelase after O with Iceman breathing technique.

berlin1984

• Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2021, 12:07:27 AM »

Found this blog post that mentions the strains related to Histamine and/or MCAS.
It explains which strains to avoid, which to take. At least on German Amazon, I also found a Probiotic mix (with those strains) that is explicitely for histamine intolerance. I'll trial it (together with lowering FODMAPs though).
https://mastcell360.com/histamine-lowering-probiotics-for-people-with-mast-cell-activation-syndrome-and-histamine-intolerance/

« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 12:32:58 AM by berlin1984 »
Please vote on: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3386.0
(There's real science behind it, not Astrology..)

My Protocol