Author Topic: my solution after 1,5 years of search  (Read 2675 times)

Hannover

my solution after 1,5 years of search
« on: December 06, 2022, 04:24:48 PM »
Hello,

I am new to this forum and want to give a short introduction into my pois case before I start with my lifestyle that cured me.
I want to share my solution that I now in use since 8 months with minor changes here and there.
I started using this forum as a source 1,5 years ago but became a member now that i am sure about my methods.
This is my first topic and i really want to make my findings available without writng to much about my
symptoms, triggers, history etc

I am 24 years old but developed Pois with onset of puberty at the age of 13.
I managed to finish school with an extra year and it was around that time I first suspected that something aint right in general.
The transition from healthy to pois was so silent that I believed for years that everything was normal, and having
issues with concentration and a dull feeling in regard to emotions in general.
I had all mental aspects of pois in their hard form but no physical ones at all.(nearly)
But i had no idea what was causing my state or even that I was sick in such a way
In my last school year I went to see several doctors and ended up beeing first diagnosed with schizophrenia and then corrected an ordinary depression and after some weeks
of medication I was released and finished school and began studying.
My studies didn't went well to say the least, I was absolutely unable to focus, abstract, plan, organise and also to interact with others, feel attached, enjoy anything and so forth.
3 years later there was the seldom occasion a day where I felt a bit clear and that morning I engaged with my gf and noticed for the first time  a sharp drop in mood.
That was the first time I made the connection to O. I googled words found this forum and some videos and learned that pois existed .
A couple of weeks later I went to an urologist who was convinced that I indeed have POIS.
He told me that there aint a working cure and advised me start developing my own methods.

Then I began with Niacin, cold showers, sport etc.
 Now after 1 and a half year of continuesly testing I got a list what I tried and what worked and what did not.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: This is my own recipe and I only share my story. You are responsible  for what you do with it.
I do not give any guarantee for safety or success.
It has two parts that I consider essential: Actual "remedies" and Nutrition in general

My Method:

GREEN TEA is my main weapon against pois.
But in raw form of dried leaves and not brewed. My flavour is called "Gunpowder" but any green tea should do.
I take a tea spoon after every meal and a half spoon before bed every day.
 When I have an O I take up to 4 spoons. I dont prepare a tea and i dont chew the tea.
I just flush it down with water.(Attention: improper storing of green tea makes it lose its effect.
I use an airtight container, in a dry place and be aware that green tea sometimes contains little stones so be carefull in case you chew the tea)
Teabags are not so great and make sure to get a decent quality.

Ceterizine, an antihistamine. I take the recommended dose given by the manufacturer only after an O

ONION- I eat half of a small onion.

Niacin/B3- gives some relief and energy but I usually stick to just the 3 above since they are sufficient and
i dont like the flush effect of B3

Things I used with some success but that have become redundant:
fenugreek
5 HTP
garlic
wobenzym
ginger tea
turmeric(raw and as a capsule)
fastening for short times

Lifestyle:

I have two meals a day which are breakfast and lunch.
I dont eat in the evening because i increases my NE risk.

1. Nutrition
-no forms of grain(no wheat,oat,rye... means no flour , no bread, pastries, pasta)

-nothing fat, that has been fried or similar(no fries, no bacon, no steaks made in a pan or on a grill)

-no non natural sugar or very pure sugar(no white sugar, no brown sugar , no honey, no soda, no ice cream, no fruit juices)

-no coffee and the like

-no "sugar fruits" like pine apple or banana

- of course no alcohol, smoking ...

What I eat:

fish- mostly salmon , fruit like apples,grapes, berries , egg- boiled not fried , diary in general(cheese,milk...), very dark chocolate,
nuts mosly walnuts and hazelnuts, vegetables in general, olive oil , avocados

Still experimenting with some sorts of meat and also unsure about such things as beans rice and potatos

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion:
I managed my POIS with a handfull of substances and a strict diet. I hope my case provides some interesting information for others.
I apologize if my post is in an suboptimal form but i am new to this and just wanted to share this.
There are many more things I tried, observations I made but i didnt want to make this to long.       
My greatest discovery that I rarely find here in this forum is the consumption of green tea in raw form.         

I thank everyone for reading and hopefully we will all find our way of managing this disease.

best regards
Hannover
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 04:28:18 PM by Hannover »

ramore

Re: my solution after 1,5 years of search
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 11:26:32 PM »
In my case, a pomegranate is the best thing that I found for myself at this moment. Eating at least 1 a day, in ripe season.

Warrior

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2022, 02:04:16 AM »
Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum, your post is much appreciated. Our solutions are similar in avoiding all grains, especially gluten.

Gluten is the absolute worst for my POIS. Makes my gut incredibly leaky.

Interesting that you feel like raw onion helped you but garlic not so much. They both contain allicin, but garlic has much higher amounts. Perhaps some other nutrient is helping you. I have heard of others ingesting raw onions to boost testosterone.

You may want to consider the autoimmune protocol diet for 30 days and see if it improves your symptoms even more. It restricts a lot of common inflammatory foods for people with AI conditions. It can be restricting though, and typically gluten is the worst one of them all, so its good youve identified and removed it.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 02:07:18 AM by warrioronthetrot »
Nothing I say is medical advice. Always do your own research. Follow anything I say at your own discretion.
My POIS Protocol | My YouTube Channel

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2022, 04:24:49 AM »
Welcome to the forum, person who is also named after a city in Germany :-)

Hannover

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2022, 06:15:17 AM »
Hello and thanks for your replies.

Yeah indeed. Cutting out all grains really brought huge improvements. There was a time when fastening was my main method because I thought
regular hungerphases could boost my energy levels(of couse with enough caloires in between) and this kind of worked and then i ate
pasta and was absolutly knocked out . So fastening ensured no grain intake as a side effect. After that I relied on oat as the
"mildest" ans easy to obtain grain, but I grew suspicious and ended also oat.
This then brought a new success namely before it has been the case that merely physical closeness
to my gf triggered mild pois. This is now gone, with only NE and intentionla release left.

Hello warrioronthetrot, I suspect that there is a connection to quercetin which is contained in both onions and green tea in fairly high amounts
I also have tried some capers but they are to expensive for daily consumption.
I've got a feeling that onions especially help me with social anxiety and remove the fog from the personal part.
My whole nutrition is focused on anti inflammatory substances, actually I took a list of such foods and crossed out everthing outside except for diary.

Hello berlin 1984, yeah i really wasnt that creative coming up with a name.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2022, 05:01:12 PM »

Welcome to the forum, person who is also named after a city in Germany :-)

:) Hanover & Berlin :)

« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 09:26:36 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Rollo

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2022, 12:22:11 PM »
Sounds to me like your diet can pretty much reduced to two things: Food that is so quickly digested that it doesn't fill your colon and food that speeds up digestion.
And that is exactly what has helped me most aswell. Have you tried cutting out the nuts? To me those seem to be the most risky part of your diet.
And how is your Pois now? Gone or just more bearable?

Hannover

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2022, 08:06:34 AM »
I feel okay after eating nuts and eat them quite frequently.

My POIS is not really gone by which i mean that it would come back if I would resume
an "ordinary" diet and leave out my supplements.
But my POIS is now practically at 10 % at max.
I mean I have an NE roughly every 7 days. But the worst consequences that can have
is a 3 to 4 hour lasting state of weakness in which I'm unfocused and kind of knocked  out,
which occurs 24-36 h after the release. And it can also be damped with B3 and green tea.

So my life is practically not affected by POIS any more.

Hannover

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2022, 08:27:17 AM »
I just read my first post again and want to add/ change that the
importance of B3 is understated.

I take B3 on a daily basis but only in quantities that don't produce a strong flush effect.