Author Topic: Sexual exhaustion - a new condition ?  (Read 13218 times)

Byron1122

Sexual exhaustion - a new condition ?
« on: April 24, 2011, 01:47:41 PM »
Hi i am from another forum which is also the same as this one. http://recover.forumup.org/index.php?mforum=recover
We call this illness different things.
We call it sexual Exhaustion.
I am so happy to find this site because it lets us know back at recover.forumup that we are not the only site looking into fixing this.
What Sexual Exhaustion/Post Orgasnmic Illness is, is basically just Hormonal and Neurotransmitter imbalances. Which may explain some of the symptoms you guys are experiencing. proper diet and exercise fixes this. but u have to see where you stand with your hormones.

to get to the point. here are my symptoms

Headaches
fuzzy vision/eye floaters
hard flaccid penis
almost no penile sensitivity(really want to fix this)
Pelvic pains.

Maybe you guys can give me some advice for what i can do to fix this. and you can also visit the site i came from and do some research on it. We do have people who fixed Sexual Exhaustion/POIS. Which they did with diet. I hope one day we can come together as a group and further the research to cure this.

Thanks.

emi_b

• Lab1
Sexual exhaustion - a new condition ?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 02:45:08 PM »
When I've read the post of spillway saing that there is another forum where a similar condition called sexual exhaustion is debated with a lot of members, I've searched the Internet about this condition, and what I found surprised me. Not especially the condition, but the the theories which try to explain particular symptoms.

Here is a site where this condition is described: http://cure-erectile-dysfunction.org/symptoms-of-sexual-exhaustion.
And a references page from this site: http://cure-erectile-dysfunction.org/references. Although no reference (from a quick look) mention sexual exhaustion.

What is your opinion? Could be this a distinct condition or the same as POIS but with another name?
Who are the doctors who named or discovered it and study it or what is the reason why it is/was unknown to the researchers of POIS?

I think that dr. Waldinger papers and work are the milestones, but this condition might worth take a look.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 03:05:21 PM by emi_b »
I have cognitive, psychological and physical symptoms.
I am apologizing for my English if it is unclear.

Daveman

• Administrator
Re: Sexual exhaustion - a new condition ?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 06:17:26 PM »
Welcome Spillway and Byron1122. Really!

SE has a lot of similar symptoms and methods to releive them. We may learn a lot from our common affliction.

However, I want to be careful in treatming them identically. We've had a lot of discussion (on the NSF forum), especially  related to neurotransmitters, and have found that on general terms, treatment on modifications of neurotransmitters either by direct administration or indirect influence, has had little positive influence for us.

It could well be however, that such may not be the case for SE.

There is a big difference between POIS and SE. In our case, one orgasm can knock us out for up to 2 wks and more, and it isn't necesarily related to prior excessive sex. There are those with POIS that have had POIS since their first days of puberty. Many who've had it within the first few years. Some of those even, who may have masturbated a great deal, but then who of most males in puberty hadn't masturbated to excess without having lifelong POIS and or SE?

We have measured neurotransmitters, vitamins, hormones, auto-immune components and have tried to boost whatever is low, or lower whatever is high, but to little avail. For us, low levels are symptoms not causes! Symptoms of a root cause. Without identifying the root cause we have lottle hope of resolving the problem.

Dr. Waldinger has given us a little hope because he has seemed to identiy one potential cause. It may not be the only one, but already and based on his reports, we have had some very decent results based on resolving the causal issues, rather than the sympomatic ones.

One of our menber, Lauracostis has also identified another potential  causal area (I'll include the reference as soon as I can get to it), which relates to complex factors in the hormonal chain related to orgasm.

I'm sure that SE also relates to such other influences, but as the result, most likely, of a sort of systemic fatigue. Ours does not appear to ba a fatigue which can spring back with proper attention.

Anyways, let's see where we can help each other.
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

spillway

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 01:29:06 PM »
Hello

I would like to go on for hours explaining my theories.. (basically I can identify 2 different types of reactions on myself, that may occur at once or just one). So, I think I can specify both!

Let's not lose the perspective! Even IF these are two different conditions, then we at the very least share member who should have been with the other bunch from the beginning! And I believe there are many others who suffer from both. Even IF these conditions are different, we can influence more research to be done. There may be subtle differences but IMO can be identified as POIS which is only scientifically researched topic right now.

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 03:32:09 PM »
Headaches
fuzzy vision/eye floaters
hard flaccid penis
almost no penile sensitivity(really want to fix this)
Pelvic pains.

Maybe you guys can give me some advice for what i can do to fix this. and you can also visit the site i came from and do some research on it. We do have people who fixed Sexual Exhaustion/POIS. Which they did with diet. I hope one day we can come together as a group and further the research to cure this.

Sorry I don't have any of those symptoms. What is a "hard flaccid penis"? Is it a form of erectile disorder where your penis is still somewhat flaccid when it's erect? Oh on second thought I'm guessing it's when your penis is hard while in the flaccid state.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 03:34:22 PM by Vincent Marcus »
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 04:58:08 PM »
Hello

I would like to go on for hours explaining my theories.. (basically I can identify 2 different types of reactions on myself, that may occur at once or just one). So, I think I can specify both!

Let's not lose the perspective! Even IF these are two different conditions, then we at the very least share member who should have been with the other bunch from the beginning! And I believe there are many others who suffer from both. Even IF these conditions are different, we can influence more research to be done. There may be subtle differences but IMO can be identified as POIS which is only scientifically researched topic right now.

Well feel free with your theories in this thread, as you say, we never know when we can help each other.

Recent reports have indicated that now that POIS has been identified, the numbers of POIS sufferers in the world will increase. We all know that the numbers aren't really going to increase, rather those with IT (let's say POIS/SE), will see that it isn't normal and hey're NOT crazy. Many with mild versions will also become memebers of "the club" and many who have similar symptoms under more exagerated conditions will also fit into the slot.

Then offshoots will develop each with their own special treatments. We know that there are at LEAST two POIS versions, (maybe more?). Where does SE fit? Hopefully we'll soon come to know!!

So welcome and fire away with your theories. I'm sure we've touched several of them too.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!