Author Topic: anyone here have success with hormones therapy?  (Read 4273 times)

DEANNX

anyone here have success with hormones therapy?
« on: April 25, 2019, 10:12:37 PM »
how does it work? And is it expensive?

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: anyone here have success with hormones therapy?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 01:51:21 AM »
Do u consider TRT “hormones therapy”?
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

DEANNX

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 10:35:59 AM »
hi, after some googling i dont think i would consider it just yet, it said i can get Permanent dependence of the therapy, are there any supplements that help with hormonal caused symptoms?

Nas

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 11:41:14 AM »
hi, after some googling i dont think i would consider it just yet, it said i can get Permanent dependence of the therapy, are there any supplements that help with hormonal caused symptoms?
Generally hormonal therapy is not advised if you don't have hormonal deficiency.

Vandemolen

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 11:28:08 AM »
Generally hormonal therapy is not advised if you don't have hormonal deficiency.
It depends on the symptoms. I know a Dutch man who has testosterone level of 15. The RR is at least 12. But because he has a lot of low testosterone symptoms his doctor gave him Androgel. He felt much better. There are also men who have low testosterone, for example 10. But when they do not have low testosterone symptoms their doctor will not give them TRT. A few POIS patients have a few low testosterone symptoms. Doctors who treat men with low testosterone will give TRT quicker to a man with erection and orgasm problems. A Dutch website of a men’s clinic say that a lot of family doctors give SSRI to men because they think they are depressed. SSRI lowers testosterone, so the problem only becomes bigger. But those men maybe need TRT.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Nas

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 12:21:11 PM »
It depends on the symptoms. I know a Dutch man who has testosterone level of 15. The RR is at least 12. But because he has a lot of low testosterone symptoms his doctor gave him Androgel. He felt much better. There are also men who have low testosterone, for example 10. But when they do not have low testosterone symptoms their doctor will not give them TRT. A few POIS patients have a few low testosterone symptoms. Doctors who treat men with low testosterone will give TRT quicker to a man with erection and orgasm problems. A Dutch website of a men’s clinic say that a lot of family doctors give SSRI to men because they think they are depressed. SSRI lowers testosterone, so the problem only becomes bigger. But those men maybe need TRT.
Thanks Vandemolen, I didn't know this detail in particular. My experience when it comes to this topic is that doctors would not prescribe hormonal therapy if tests showed normal hormones levels. However if anyone can convince a doctor to prescribe them TRT under supervision then I guess that's fair enough.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2019, 12:55:29 PM »
My earliest T-tests were normal, but I convinced my first urologist about POIS and he gave me injections.

Long ago. Maybe the rules are stricter today.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 01:06:54 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Vandemolen

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2019, 04:28:41 PM »
If your testosterone is normal and you do not have a lot of low testosterone symptoms like erection and orgasm problems, depressed feeling and sleeping problems then it is difficult to get TRT. But if a doctor knows POIS maybe he wants to do a 3 month trial. It also depends on what kind of doctor. A family doctor is more careful. But an urologist and an andrologist have more knowledge.

My level is 9.1. RR is 12. And I have a lot of low testosterone symptoms. I went to an internist. Even my level from the last 9 years is too low in 7 different blood tests he wants to do another test. The last one was last month. I hope he will give me Androgel. Otherwise I will go to an urologist of a men’s clinic. They see a lot of men with low testosterone.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2019, 02:43:12 PM »

I  convinced my first urologist about POIS and he gave me [testosterone] injections.

Here’s the full story. Many years ago, desperate about my POIS, I made many contacts, sex experts on Larry King Live, etc. at that time, and I contacted a Czech sexologist, Dr Petr Weiss, by telephone, about my POIS and he seemed to know EXACTLY what was wrong with me! He said, he actually thundered over the phone :) “You need testosterone!” I thought, ‘is this guy a quack?’ (He didn’t ask about my T-levels!) but...I was desperate...so I went to my urologist, and I had normal T-levels (the lab also mis-labeled me as female!!) but I said to him (the urologist), “Look, I know all about POIS! (I had the confidence instilled in me by Dr Weiss) And I...need...testosterone!!”. So he gave me injections. At first they helped but then stopped working. A few years later (2008), this forum convinced me POIS was a hormonal issue, and a Harvard PhD. biochemist friend who pioneered some AIDS treatments, convinced me that I should see a University-based endocrinologist (he said universities are more research oriented and might be more sympathetic to the poorly-understood POIS). So I did that, had a full range of hormone tests done, plus a brain scan, and was tested with low-FREE-T, diagnosed with hypogonadism, and was convinced to use testosterone patches or cream - not injections - because they are more in sync with the way the body naturally manufactures testosterone, on a smoother 24/7 basis rather than “spiking” in and out of the system, which is what injections do, according to this endo. You can read the rest of my profile story below :)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 12:14:30 AM by demografx »