Author Topic: Hypoadrenia home tests  (Read 10100 times)

Nas

Hypoadrenia home tests
« on: February 07, 2019, 03:30:19 PM »
Here are some Hypoadrenia ( Adrenal Fatigue ) tests that can potentially indicate this illness:

Iris Contraction:
1- Go into a darkened room with a flashlight or penlight, a mirror, and a stopwatch (most cellphones have this feature).
2- While looking into a mirror, shine a flashlight across one eye (not directly into it) from the side of your head.
3- Keep the light shining steadily across one eye and watch in the mirror with the other eye.
4- You should see your pupil (the dark part in the center) contract immediately as the light hits your eye.
5- The pupil normally remains contracted in the increased light. But if you have some form of adrenal fatigue, the pupil will not be able to hold its contraction and will dilate.
6- This dilation will take place within 2 minutes and will last for about 30-45 seconds before it recovers and contracts again.
7- Time how long the dilation lasts and record that information as you begin a program of adrenal recovery.

Low Blood Pressure and Postural Low Blood Pressure:
1- If your blood pressure drops and you get woozy when you stand up from a lying down position, this almost always indicates low adrenal function.
2- Using a home blood pressure gauge (available at drugstores), take your blood pressure while lying down after you have rested for 10 minutes.
3- Next, stand up and measure it immediately after you stand up.
4- Normally your BP will rise 10-20 mmHg just from standing up. If it drops when you stand up, you likely have some form of hypoadrenia or you may be dehydrated. If dehydrated, try it again on 5- another day when you have had plenty of water. Just drinking a bunch of water right before the test will not work?the water has to have time to hydrate your tissues.
6- The more severe the drop, the more severe is the dehydration. If you already have HIGH blood pressure, you may not see this drop, but that doesn?t rule out adrenal fatigue.

Sergent?s White Line Test:
1- Take a pen (ballpoint or similar) and with the non-writing end, stroke a line about 6″ long across your stomach.
2- Initially, it will leave a white mark as you are making the  line, then it will redden within a few seconds.
3- If you have hypoadrenia, the line will stay white for about 2 minutes and will widen.
4- This test is effective in about 40% of the cases, but if it is positive for you, it is a confirmation of hypoadrenia. It indicates moderate to severe adrenal fatigue.

Since this illness is medically unproven take this with a grain of salt, no body knows exactly what adrenal fatigue is or how to treat it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 03:33:30 PM by Nas »

Hopeoneday

Re: Hypoadrenia home tests
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 04:27:33 PM »
Nas, do you hawe burping, bloated stomach ofen?
Dr-pois.

Nas

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 04:40:05 PM »
Nas, do you hawe burping, bloated stomach ofen?
I have a bear belly.

dizzy

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 06:25:40 PM »
My doc did the pupil test on me, and I repeated it at home, and both showed no adrenal problems. The white lines on my belly disappear immediately. But I do have blood pressure in the low range.
Male, INTJ. POIS symptoms: red eyes, ear-pain, anxiety, speech problems, pale/ugly skin, stiff neck, double chin, tinnitus, light sensitivity. POIS even after stimulation without O.

Nas

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 07:41:02 PM »
My doc did the pupil test on me, and I repeated it at home, and both showed no adrenal problems. The white lines on my belly disappear immediately. But I do have blood pressure in the low range.
Did your pupil maintain its contraction? Mine keeps fluctuating maybe that's why I hate lights so much, my eyes just can't deal with it.
The line for me stayed and turned red then disappeared. I'm yet to try the blood pressure test.

Nas

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 06:47:33 PM »
So what do you guys think? If I had these three tests positive does that mean that I have adrenal insufficiency? I do have some adrenal insufficiency symptoms like craving salty foods, yet my test shows the opposite, my ACTH is completely normal and my cortisol is high. Is this an indicator of something or am I delving in pseudo-science?

Wolf berry

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 08:34:03 PM »
I also diagnosed myself with Chronic Adrenaline fatigue or CFS.. I have tried many treatment on that site
High Strength B-Complex
Fish oil
Krill oil
neem oil
Vitamic C
Reduced stress by exercise, massage therapy, good diet, no caffeeine
it doesn?t help me at all (in my case)

Nas

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 09:17:39 PM »
I also diagnosed myself with Chronic Adrenaline fatigue or CFS.. I have tried many treatment on that site
High Strength B-Complex
Fish oil
Krill oil
neem oil
Vitamic C
My cortisol is high when I did the test. Perhaps POIS is a case of the auto-immune reaction puts great stress on the adrenal gland to produce cortisol. I wonder if there are medical ways to reduce cortisol.

Wolf berry

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 09:27:43 PM »
High Strength B-Complex
Fish oil
Krill oil
neem oil
Vitamic C
My cortisol is high when I did the test. Perhaps POIS is a case of the auto-immune reaction puts great stress on the adrenal gland to produce cortisol. I wonder if there are medical ways to reduce cortisol.

After ejaculation, my eyes become red and dry, Extremely straw hair, Dry skin, bag and black circle under eyes, testicular inflame, frequented urination, Acne, PC muscle groined inflamed, heart beating very fast, difficult breathing, chest pain, Diahear..

Nas

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2019, 09:44:01 PM »
After ejaculation, my eyes become red and dry, Extremely straw hair, Dry skin, bag and black circle under eyes, testicular inflame, frequented urination, Acne, PC muscle groined inflamed, heart beating very fast, difficult breathing, chest pain, Diahear..
I have bags in my eyes, a round face, fat under my chin, chronic acne and a bloated belly. Perhaps these are connected to high cortisol levels?

david

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 04:57:11 AM »
High Strength B-Complex
Fish oil
Krill oil
neem oil
Vitamic C
as far as i know adrenal fatigue(AF) usually very well treated with natural desiccated thyroid(NDT) with T3 or with both
https://stopthethyroidmadness.com/transitioning-from-t3-only-to-ndt/
also many guys with AF administer pregnenalone and it does help them
current protocol: 24mg test. cypionate subQ every day, Cabergoline 0.125mg every 5 days, Alcar 2 grams per day, NALT 0.6 gram per day sulbutiamine 2*200 every day highly potent vitamins each day = no pois at all and in addition now have quite decent motivation

Wolf berry

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2019, 07:41:49 AM »
High Strength B-Complex
Fish oil
Krill oil
neem oil
Vitamic C
as far as i know adrenal fatigue(AF) usually very well treated with natural desiccated thyroid(NDT) with T3 or with both

I checked my thyroid, blood test, testosterone, etc.. they all are fine so i don?t think i need to take thyroid medicine or something..

Nas

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2019, 02:10:55 PM »
So if we scratched off Catecholamines as the reason for cognitive symptoms in POIS. What hormones else can potentially be responsible? Is it safe to assume that cortisol is responsible? Or estrogen?

david

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2019, 08:43:50 AM »
So if we scratched off Catecholamines as the reason for cognitive symptoms in POIS. What hormones else can potentially be responsible? Is it safe to assume that cortisol is responsible? Or estrogen?
there are around 20 hormones that are persist constantly in the blood so trying one by one or by several will take ages to find what exactly causes pois symptoms
the easiest way to replenish some(or all) of your depleted hormones is to administer mother of all hormones pregnenalone
as for the brain it s a very good idea to take uridine, alpha gpc and l-tyrosin in addition to some racetams
i tried l-tyrosin after i started my hrt so it didnt make me happy but i guess for those who are not on hrt it should help
current protocol: 24mg test. cypionate subQ every day, Cabergoline 0.125mg every 5 days, Alcar 2 grams per day, NALT 0.6 gram per day sulbutiamine 2*200 every day highly potent vitamins each day = no pois at all and in addition now have quite decent motivation

Hopeoneday

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2019, 09:21:21 AM »
Nice advices..."pregnelone steal",  i like this theory, something iritate
our adrenall glands a lot. So, how can we handle regular sters in life?
Much poisers hawe elewated cortisol, what iritate adrenals so hard?
Mineral inbalance? To much unbound coper i blod, somothing tocsic like
metanol toxicity for exemple?

https://www.easy-immune-health.com/pregnenolone-steal.html
Dr-pois.

david

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2019, 09:43:48 AM »
I have bags in my eyes, a round face, fat under my chin, chronic acne and a bloated belly. Perhaps these are connected to high cortisol levels?
thees symptoms point to a high estradiol
if i were you i would check it as well as testosterone and prolactin
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 09:45:47 AM by david »

Nas

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2019, 09:47:09 AM »
I did and posted it here: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2684.msg25692#msg25692
My estradiol is 40 which is not that high, but it could be also a very likely candidate for cogntive symptoms.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2019, 09:48:35 AM »
Low T hi E is comon patern in one side of poisers, as far i can see,
as hi cortisol in one side is allways there.
Dr-pois.

david

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2019, 09:49:49 AM »
High Strength B-Complex
Fish oil
Krill oil
neem oil
Vitamic C

I checked my thyroid, blood test, testosterone, etc.. they all are fine so i don?t think i need to take thyroid medicine or something..
so called "normal" reference levels are too wide and actual good level usually is at higest reference range
so for example if you have testosterone at 300 or even 400 and even 500 (reference 300-1200) then you definitely have hypodgonadism

david

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2019, 09:52:54 AM »
I did and posted it here: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2684.msg25692#msg25692
My estradiol is 40 which is not that high, but it could be also a very likely candidate for cogntive symptoms.
40 is actually high
good level for a healthy man is 25-35
try a smallest dose of anastrozole for a week and you will definitely feel the difference
but be careful if you will lower your estradiol less then 10 it will be even worse than at 40+
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 09:56:30 AM by david »