Author Topic: Developed POIS after antibiotic use  (Read 38836 times)

b_jim

Re: Developed POIS after antibiotic use
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2018, 03:40:10 PM »
Maybe I found something.

I have been wondering for a long time how norethisterone helps some Poisers. Norethisterone is a progesterone-like molecule. it has been used to counter Pois synmptoms since Dr Dexter published his study showing improvement of his patient after sex with his pregnant wife.
But why ?

Progesterone has an anxiolytic effect. Progestetrone is synthetize into allopregnanolone, which is a neurosteroid. This neurosteroid has an effect on Gaba receptor, causing anti-anxiety effect.

I tough that extra-progesterone given by dr Dextor might have a possible "general hormones rebalance effect"on his patient.
No : he simply gave him an hormonal anxyolitic.

I'm more and more convinced by the major role of gaba receptor in Pois.

But when I'm anxious, I don't have the same symptoms after ejaculation. It's like if there is something else.
Out of Pois => anxiety symptoms
In pois => anxiety symptoms + Pois symptoms

This "something else" is linked to sex, ejaculation or semen.
And it's linked to Gaba receptor.
Endorphins is a good candidate to be this "something else"
Endorphins is released with orgasm.
Endorphins is linked to gaba.
And symptom of low endorphins, are close to Pois symptoms.
Compare your Pois symptoms with 'opiate withdrawal syndrom'.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 03:53:27 PM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Suffering from lyme disease

Simon66

« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2018, 04:24:01 PM »
Maybe that "something else" is inflammation.

POIS maybe starves some anti-inflammatory gut bacteria (that consume GABA) so you get an increase in inflammation and an upset gut that takes 1-2 weeks to improve.

I'm not going to be taking any pharmaceuticals. My plan is to try some water fasting to reset my gut and immune system, then I will take prebiotics like Inulin, XOS, Acacia Gum etc. and recheck my microbiome to see if I have any increases in anti-inflammatory good bacteria like Faecalibacterium, Roseburia and Lactobacillus (which are showing as 0% of my gut bacteria currently).
Disclaimer: Please research all supplements thoroughly and take them at your own risk. I am not responsible for any adverse reaction you may suffer.

Avoid all Fluoroquinolone antibiotics including Ciprofloxacin, Levaquin and Avelox.

b_jim

« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2018, 11:09:18 AM »
I just had a bad experience today after eating junk food (asian).
After, i looked at ingredient : E621 ! (monosodium glutamate).
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Scrub

« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2018, 03:53:28 PM »
I just had a bad experience today after eating junk food (asian).
After, i looked at ingredient : E621 ! (monosodium glutamate).

Are you very sensitive to MSG? How do you feel after eating it?

b_jim

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2018, 06:01:18 AM »
I'm sensitive to junk food. But I'm tired now and anxious since several weeks. I clearly have anxiety symptoms and hot flashes.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Vandemolen

« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2018, 06:45:22 PM »
Recent medical article that probiotics may not be healty and not without risks:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2702973
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

JohnJames

« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2018, 04:19:32 PM »
@simon66

I think you are on to something, see link between CFS (which seems like a similar disease) and microbiome:

https://www.isotrope.com/chronic-fatigue-syndrome-gut-bacteria/

They specifically mention some of the things you are lacking.

Maybe POIS is CFS but most CFS sufferers don't realise that abstinence is a temporary fix...? Just food for thought.

Also I remember reading an article from Jeff Leach whom is studying the Hadza tribe whom eat a more traditional diet (most eat tubers, lots and lots of honey, berries, and meat, though it changes seasonally), he found that in dry seasons when much more of the caloric intake comes in the form of meat and less from fruits, honey, and vegetables their microbiome becomes MORE diverse rather than less.

Can't remember the exact article I read it in, but it is from one of the following, they are all pretty fascinating reads anyway:
http://humanfoodproject.com/author/jeff-leach/
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 04:31:23 PM by JohnJames »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2018, 02:06:59 PM »
Simon, about the beta-cross laps. Under what conditions have you done this, in the morning under fasting conditions? And did you do this this when you had shin bone pain? What about the timing with POIS, were your POIS symptoms at the time of testing minimized or maximized?

Simon66

« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2018, 07:06:53 PM »
Update: Probiotics only seemed to have a minor positive effect on me but worsened some symptoms in higher doses so I had to stop.

I took a supplement called "Zenflore" that contains a single probiotic strain mixed with B vitamins. I believe Nicotinamide (active form of Niacin) may have helped me. Next week, I am going to try the Coenzyme B Complex that was recommended by Kurtosis called "Now Co-Enzyme B-Complex".

Muon, I didn't do anything special for the beta-ctx, do it whenever you want. I usually went to the laboratory around 11:30AM. I think this issue is to do with vitamins and minerals. I will get the beta-ctx retested if the B Complex cures my symptoms.

My hope is that once I take the active/co-enzyme form of B vitamins, then maybe I can take a probiotic without getting symptoms and I can also take a Full Spectrum amino acid supplement to rebuild some of the damage to my body.
Disclaimer: Please research all supplements thoroughly and take them at your own risk. I am not responsible for any adverse reaction you may suffer.

Avoid all Fluoroquinolone antibiotics including Ciprofloxacin, Levaquin and Avelox.

Limejuice

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2018, 11:28:58 PM »
Simon, are you taking a high quality (expense and refrigerated) probiotic with at least 80 billion active cultures?

Simon66

« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2018, 06:32:58 AM »
Simon, are you taking a high quality (expense and refrigerated) probiotic with at least 80 billion active cultures?

I was taking the 250 billion cfu from Custom probiotics. Seemed to make my skin much clearer but made symptoms worse at higher doses.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2018, 01:43:45 PM »
Simon your Aldosterone level is off the chart. Have you ever considered taking Losartan?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Losartan

About the vit B, I actually got elevated active forms of vit B6 en B12. Did not expect this.

Simon66

« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2018, 12:02:05 AM »
The steroids aldosterone and cortisol are the body's response to high stress from the severe gut dysbiosis I'm dealing with. I'm looking at some soil based probiotics that don't produce histamine or lactic acid as I think I have an overgrowth of such bacteria which is causing a burning sensation in my limbs and other problems. There are some species like bacillus clausii and bacillus subtilis that I am going to be trying. I read that bacillus coaglans is bad because it produces lactic acid and histamine so avoid that one.

One of the problems with small intestine dysbiosis is malabsorption of vitamins and nutrients, maybe that explains my tinnitus and dry eyes. Muon, I seem to remember reading that some people with B12 deficiency have normal or high blood levels but when they use a sublingual B12 spray or injections, they find their symptoms improve. I think most tests are not very accurate personally because I get some improvements from a multivitamin and my vitamin tests were all good. They say B12 deficiency is best measured by Homocysteine and Methylmalonic acid.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2018, 06:06:57 AM »
High active B12 could be caused by my poor digestion. Stomach acid breaks down B12. Another option is an overgrowth of B12-producing bacteria.

Simon66

« Reply #74 on: December 24, 2018, 09:45:29 PM »
I've been systematically trying probiotics this year and here is my progress:

Lactic Acid Bacteria
  • Lactobacillus - Generally bad reaction, makes my legs burn. Lactobacillus produces large amounts of lactic acid and a lot of strains make histamines so I guess they are worsening my dysbiosis.
  • Bifidobacteria - The reaction varies in intensity and has some good/bad effects. Ultimately, this is not the cure for me as I can only handle a small dose. Doesn't seem to trigger any histamine issues like the Lactobacillus.

Yeast Probiotics
  • S. Boulardii - Possibly worsened symptoms, may need to revisit this and try again.

Soil Based Organisms - I am testing Bacillus Species first
  • Probiogen Daily Complex (containing S. Boulardii, B. Clausii, B. Coaglans, B.Subtilis) - Heavy histamine and lactic acid reaction, I believe B. Coaglans may be the culprit.
  • Normaflore/Enterogermina (4 strains of B. Clausii) - I bought the Hungarian version Normaflore off Ebay, it's a probiotic that has been used in continental Europe for around 60 years. It is popular in Italy and Hungary apparently but was never sold in the UK. I will be trying the Normaflore in the coming days. I am hopeful that B. Clausii does not produce much lactic acid or histamines.
  • Latero-flora (B. Laterosporus) - I have yet to purchase this one.
  • B. Subtilis HU58 (sold by Microbiome Labs) - I have yet to purchase this one.
  • Prescript Assist - This will likely be the last one I try when I run out of options. People seemed to rate it highly but a year ago, the manufacturers changed the formula substantially for some unknown reason and now a lot of people hate it. How frustrating.
  • Megaflore - I will probably avoid this one as it contains histamine and lactic acid producers.

Vandemolen

« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2018, 10:11:49 PM »
I've been systematically trying probiotics this year and here is my progress:

Lactic Acid Bacteria
  • Lactobacillus - Generally bad reaction, makes my legs burn. Lactobacillus produces large amounts of lactic acid and a lot of strains make histamines so I guess they are worsening my dysbiosis.
  • Bifidobacteria - The reaction varies in intensity and has some good/bad effects. Ultimately, this is not the cure for me as I can only handle a small dose. Doesn't seem to trigger any histamine issues like the Lactobacillus.

Yeast Probiotics
  • S. Boulardii - Possibly worsened symptoms, may need to revisit this and try again.

Soil Based Organisms - I am testing Bacillus Species first
  • Probiogen Daily Complex (containing S. Boulardii, B. Clausii, B. Coaglans, B.Subtilis) - Heavy histamine and lactic acid reaction, I believe B. Coaglans may be the culprit.
  • Normaflore/Enterogermina (4 strains of B. Clausii) - I bought the Hungarian version Normaflore off Ebay, it's a probiotic that has been used in continental Europe for around 60 years. It is popular in Italy and Hungary apparently but was never sold in the UK. I will be trying the Normaflore in the coming days. I am hopeful that B. Clausii does not produce much lactic acid or histamines.
  • Latero-flora (B. Laterosporus) - I have yet to purchase this one.
  • B. Subtilis HU58 (sold by Microbiome Labs) - I have yet to purchase this one.
  • Prescript Assist - This will likely be the last one I try when I run out of options. People seemed to rate it highly but a year ago, the manufacturers changed the formula substantially for some unknown reason and now a lot of people hate it. How frustrating.
  • Megaflore - I will probably avoid this one as it contains histamine and lactic acid producers.
Since 4 months I drink a lot of kefir (fermentated milk). It contains Lactobacillus. When I saw your post I googled kefir and urticaria. Because since 2 months I have hives. I thought maybe because of the kefir. But I read this research that they treat patients with lactobacillus probiotics.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27608474
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Simon66

« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2018, 10:47:09 PM »
Kefir also has milk proteins that can trigger allergies. I am unable to tolerate any fermented food or drinks.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to such research, we all have different gut bacteria. Hives could be caused by different types of dysbiosis. I think it's best to just buy different probiotics and see which one works.

Vandemolen

« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2018, 11:03:42 PM »
Kefir also has milk proteins that can trigger allergies. I am unable to tolerate any fermented food or drinks.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to such research, we all have different gut bacteria. Hives could be caused by different types of dysbiosis. I think it's best to just buy different probiotics and see which one works.
I use VSL#3. It does not help a lot. And it is expensive. I am gonna use another Dutch prebiotics that contains: Pau d 'Arco herb, Sodium caprylate, Grapefruit seed extract, Garlic extract, papaya enzyme and Biotin. And probiotics with: Bifidobacterium bifidum, bifidobacterium animalis lactis, bifidobacterium L longum, lacto bacillus thamnosus, lactobacillus plantarum, lactococcus lactis, lactobacillus paracasei, lactobacillus acidophilus, lactobacillus salivarius, enterococcus faecium.

I think my hives is caused by antibiotics, candida and dysbiosis.

b_jim

« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2018, 06:13:25 AM »
i don't know what we can think about candida albicans. I had made some searchs on this ten years ago without scientific evidence.
Now, some serious sources seem to think this probelm is real and common.

But whatever i think, the gut microbiota is an absolute key factor of a lot of disease.
I'm always convinced that my Pois is a dopamine problem and 50% of dopamine is built in gut...
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Vandemolen

« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2018, 12:33:17 PM »
i don't know what we can think about candida albicans. I had made some searchs on this ten years ago without scientific evidence.
Now, some serious sources seem to think this probelm is real and common.

But whatever i think, the gut microbiota is an absolute key factor of a lot of disease.
I'm always convinced that my Pois is a dopamine problem and 50% of dopamine is built in gut...
Science and doctors recognize candida in the mouth and in the vagina/penis. The only thing they do not recognize is systemic candida and leaky gut.