Author Topic: Request for making video blogs on POIS  (Read 4611 times)

Raj

Request for making video blogs on POIS
« on: June 23, 2016, 05:37:24 PM »
‌Today, I have realised something very interesting. There are only about 600 members (correct me if I'm wrong) in this forum. Isn't there anyone outside this community suffering from the same illness? Actually there are lots of POIS sufferers. Maybe they experience the symptoms but the real cause still remains obscure to them. Maybe they don't know about the term "POIS". I am in India and I know many Indians suffer from this condition. In fact, I personally know some of them. But they don't know they have POIS. Once a man starts experiencing any symptoms physically or mentally, the first step he takes is searching the internet. Suppose, a man has POIS but he doesn't know that. He has no idea why he's getting such symptoms. Then he searches his symptoms on the internet, especially on those popular platforms like youtube etc. He finds nothing there then visits his doctor. The doctors says "it's all psychological ". The end of the story. I have the same experience. When I first had my symptoms, I searched google and youtube. Found nothing. Went to my doctor but he didn't take me seriously. I started thinking I might be having some other issues like hypothyroidism or anemia. Started investigating but didn't know that I was going in the wrong direction. Then I found this forum after a long time. I have POIS since 2014 but it took me almost 2 years to discover it. The reason is all the information about POIS is limited in this forum. In youtube, you can hardly find any videos on POIS. In medical websites, there are almost no articles. Are we really so rare? We need to spread it in different internet platforms such as youtube etc (mainly youtube). Think about other chronic illnesses like CFS or Fibromyalgia bla bla.. Just search them on youtube and boom you'll see thousands of videos there. Search "POIS". Nothing..! Even the Wikipedia page doesn't have enough information on POIS. My request is to all the senior members in this forum. Anyone of you START A YOUTUBE CHANNEL where you'll be doing video blogs on POIS.. In terms of symptoms, how to deal with them, cures, and all kinds of information related to POIS.. Our small step can bring something good (The "cure" won't come for sure.. But we have to be optimistic) Keep that channel updated with useful contents. Post videos weekly. In this way, we can spread the awareness among people. People would feel more confident. This is just an idea of mine. You may or may not find it useful. I could have started a youtube channel on my own. But I don't think I will be successful because I lack experience plus my accent and communication skills are not good. Any senior member in this group can do this. Please consider my opinion. The more people come and join us the better. No matter what.. We need to make our community larger. I'm on phone plus having a mild brain fog while writing this. So I apologise for my bad English / grammar. Thanks. And, let me know if my idea is stupid (but it's not).

Raj.

Quantum

• Administrator
Re: Request for making video blogs on POIS
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 06:43:30 PM »
Hi Raj,

Youtube has become a universal source of information on many subjects. There is as least one video about POIS that seems interesting, at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWBxAUC9k1g , that has obviously been made by people affected by POIS, and maybe some old timers members here have created it ( I don't know, it is way before I have found this forum). 

This video is 7 years old, so it refers to the old forum at NSF.  It would be great to put the link to this forum in the comments.

And, FYI, we are currently 440 registered members on this forum  ( but we have hundreds of guests each weeks that do not register)
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

MirkoThiel0

• wenn du deutsch bist dann schreib mich an :)
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 01:44:57 PM »
i think you are 100% right Raj i also started something to get some media attention on twitch and youtube with this action http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2284.msg19183#msg19183

and this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_4gIrc-zuI&feature=youtu.be&t=25m43s
i think we need 1 big YouTube Chanel everyone can send his one pois videos to.
and another one only for pois news with videos all 3 months or something like that.
there are some small mino pois places like that https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 10:17:49 PM by MirkoThiel0 »

Raj

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 08:01:50 PM »
I agree with you, Mirko. YouTube is a very popular platform and in my opinion, it's the best place for spreading awareness. And, I appreciate your work. Could you summarize your conversation in English?