Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 74533 times)

Ccconfucius

Re: Suggestions
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2011, 10:01:27 PM »
I am really quite anxious to get on with the changes. I think that with the suggestions we have for now, we're fairly close to what most would want. I'll put together a voting list, and post it. If there are those that want to add someting at that time, they can say so.

Hopefully I'll get the time today to compile and post it.

The most important change to make in my opinion would be to add a "General Theories/And/Or Treatment Methods" so that it appears on the home page instead of those threads falling into the "Support and Miscellaneous" category. My reason for this is that new POIS members or medical professionals might not think to look under "support and miscellaneous" when looking for additional POIS theories and treatment methods that don't fall under hormonal or autoimmune. Plus I believe Horizon and others desire this change as well.

But take your time considering everyone's opinions. I don't want to rush you. Especially considering all the work you've put into this new site. I still think overall it's a great improvement from the old forum as far as it is much more appealing to the eye of possible medical professionals and the search box seems to work better than our other site.

i also agree with this creating general treatment that involves more than just autoimmune and hormone this is my outline.

General category looks fine

I.  Pois life style
       A. Relationships
              1. work
              2. dating
              3. parteners corner
              4. and so on.
          B. Down Side

II. pois  auto immune- looks good
III. pois by  hormone looks good.
IV.  pois by Neurological structured like auto immune and hormone
V. Other treatment
       A. advisory
       B. general disccusions
       C. Herbs
        D. Prescriptions/over the couner
       E. misscalenous
            1. i have tried notropics
            2. candida and all the wierd things that have came up in the forum.

I know you have done most of the work but do you need any help like in transfering some post.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 07:01:01 AM »
OK, a general format is emerging, probably the most important of which seems not to have the auto-immune and hormonal themes highlighted.

There's a tendency to want General Causal Areas and General Treatment Areas, where individual threads can be started to discus more specific areas as desired. That is moving auto-immune and hormonal a level down and allowing for more parallel areas.

In some cases, I have noticed that the lists include certain specific topics... this is not necesary, because at the topic level, it is you who decide what runs.

I'm still a little POISed out, but when this passes a bit, I'll post a proposed structure that I feel adjusts as best possible to what you all desire. We can discuss that structure and then proceed.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2011, 04:59:59 PM »

I know you have done most of the work but do you need any help like in transfering some post.

Thanks for your words. We could use some help with the cross posting. There's good stuff being posted on NSF, and it would help if you and anyone else for that matter would like to share something here from the NSF forum.

You can "quote" a post, then copy the text that appears in the edit box, to the clipboard. Later come over to this forum and open a space for a new post, pasting the clipboard there.

Since the message number index isn't the same between forums, I remove that part, see below: (you can click on it to make it bigger.)

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 05:07:22 PM by Daveman »
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2011, 12:31:30 AM »

1. Twice when I was looking for my exciting T/P post, I had to stumble around quite a bit to find it. Is there something that could lessen the bewilderment? Or is it just my low-tech nature?

Demo, I looked into this and found that if you go to your profile and click the option near the bottom "last posts of this person" you can simply do a ctrl+F search for the post you are looking for. For example at your last posts section on your profile I pressed Ctr+F then I typed:  T/P  
This worked fairly well. Much better than the general search box at the top anyway.

If you are looking for a specific post from another member you could use the same method. The only problem would be if you didn't know the name of the member who wrote the post you are looking for.

As always, VM, VERY helpful, thank you!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Daveman

• Administrator
A New Outline Reuniting Suggestions
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2011, 06:00:17 PM »
The following is a new outline which tries to resume the desires of the members.

The bolded texts are Principal categories.
The first indent are boards within the categories. Neither of those are user changeable. But There will be an effort to adapt as time goes by based on suggestions under Support and Misc.
The second indent is the topic level, which is user modifiable. Some suggestions by users may possibly NOT be on this list but should fall under a listed board, where the user may create the topic as he wishes.

The new organization for causal factors, moves the specific causes down one level. This creates lesser restriction for the user, who now may post topics as he desires withing ach defined board.

One restriction is that boards cannot be created by the user, and at this time there are still only three, "Auto-Immune", "Hormonal" and "Other". However the idea is to be flexible.

Through the Suggestions section and/or upon generating  collections of similar topics in the "Other section" we can create new Boarsd where necesary.

This is an SMF software restriction and not on imposed by this forum administration.

It is felt that if all were moved down one more level, it would just lead to a mix of ad-hoc topics.

So here is the proposal. Lets process it over this next week, and then implement a final decision.

General category
   Introduction and Pilosophy
      NSF Forum, brief history and link
      SMF Introduction, mission, link
      SMF Rules and regs and Welcome
   Support and Misc
      Suggestions
      Technical Problems and Support
   Books Articles and References (this space specifically referenced in WEB cover page)
      Dr. Waldinger's papers.
      Open Topics
   Poll Center
      Open Topics

POIS LifeStyle
   Relationships
      Work
      Partner
      Open Topics
   The Down Side
      Open Topics

POIS Causes
   Auto-immune
      General
      Treatments
      Other Open topics
   Hormonal
      General
      Treatments
      Other Open Topics
   Other
      General
      Herbal Treatments
      Pharmaceuticals
      Open Topics (candida, easoteric, etc. etc.)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 06:03:47 PM by Daveman »

Ccconfucius

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2011, 08:35:32 PM »
looks good to me, am already getting used to this format so this new should not be difficult at all.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2011, 09:33:16 PM »
Ditto to CC. Nothing is cast in concrete, anyway, we can always revise as we go along, correct?
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2011, 09:38:59 PM »

What could be harder to organise than a forum where most of the posters have mental/cognitive symptoms most of the time!   :D

Haha, excellent! ;D

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2011, 11:17:44 PM »
Looks great. I think the "Other" cause-treatment category was what most of us wanted so cool.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 11:21:34 PM by Vincent Marcus »
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2011, 11:05:33 PM »
I agree with VM, but his avatar is so.......scary! (Reminds me of POIS! ;D)

Vincent M

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2011, 07:39:05 AM »

haha it's the cover of one of my favorite pc games, fallout 2. You get to roam around doing quests and killing things in a desolate postapocalyptic wasteland as the world is recovering from nuclear war.
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2011, 01:13:24 PM »
Tomorrow I'm going to start the conversion to the new format.

You may notice missing icons, or other incongruencies temporarily, but not to worry! Nothing will be lost! Also, the suggestions thread will be still open, so you can make note if you'd like to see any moved posts put in some other area.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2011, 12:24:10 PM »

haha it's the cover of one of my favorite pc games, fallout 2. You get to roam around doing quests and killing things in a desolate postapocalyptic wasteland as the world is recovering from nuclear war.

I still say POIS is worse! ;D

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2011, 06:12:55 AM »
From the 13th Congress of The European Society For Sexual Medicine, November 14-17, 2010, Malaga Spain:
http://www.essm.org/fileadmin/user_upload/medien/download/pdf/Programms/ESSM_Final_Program.pdf

Men's sexual health - sexual disorders

Francois Giuliano, France
Nicolae Calomfirescu, Romania
Juza Chen, Israel
Emmanuele Jannini, Italy
Marcel Waldinger, The Netherlands

From Demo's link. We all know about Marcel Waldinger, but it occurred to me that the other 4 doctors might be worthy additions to the collaborators list. Of course, I don't have any personal knowledge of these experts, but I'd expect them all to have a good working knowledge of POIS.

biocentric

• Lab1
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2011, 06:56:21 AM »
I like the new layout better.

I think though you should change "cause" to: "theory" or "possible cause" in all the places its mentioned

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2011, 09:11:38 AM »
OK Horizon, sounds reasonable.

Ccconfucius

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2011, 02:52:06 PM »
I think we need a place for summary of all treatments for each section, this part will not be for conversation it will just be a growing list. When forum gets bigger new people can just go straight to that to get list and can use the forum for further reasearch.  The summary part will be on top of all the sections

Also there should also be a place where newcomers can post their introductories, i was looking for some of the newcommers introductory and could not find it.
 i will create what am talking about so you can see what am saying.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 02:56:13 PM by Ccconfucius »

Vincent M

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2011, 08:21:58 PM »
I think we need a place for summary of all treatments for each section, this part will not be for conversation it will just be a growing list. When forum gets bigger new people can just go straight to that to get list and can use the forum for further reasearch.  The summary part will be on top of all the sections

Also there should also be a place where newcomers can post their introductories, i was looking for some of the newcommers introductory and could not find it.

I second this. Perhaps to start off the treatment summary section we should combine the treatment summary at the POIS website
( http://sites.google.com/site/poiswebsite/test-page/successful-methods ) with the other treatment summary at the naked science thread
( http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=6576.msg201517#msg201517 )

emi_b

• Lab1
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2011, 03:07:45 AM »
I want to say that there would be good to have a place to introduce yourself and to post your summary.
There could be an individual topic for every member, where each member to post its summary of symptoms and history, and to keep it updated, with the latest events. Something like my post regarding POIS.

The section could be named case description.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:12:14 AM by emi_b »
I have cognitive, psychological and physical symptoms.
I am apologizing for my English if it is unclear.

Ccconfucius

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2011, 11:10:08 AM »

I second this. Perhaps to start off the treatment summary section we should combine the treatment summary at the POIS website
( http://sites.google.com/site/poiswebsite/test-page/successful-methods ) with the other treatment summary at the naked science thread
( http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=6576.msg201517#msg201517 )

Definately the best way to go, when my house internet comes back and am not sneeking internet usage at work i intend to start transfering them.