Author Topic: I hate myself everytime I have an orgasm  (Read 7131 times)

Pois92

I hate myself everytime I have an orgasm
« on: May 06, 2016, 02:41:37 PM »
Hello everybody. I am a new member here...I decided to find more people out there experiencing the same symptoms I do. My symptoms start immediately after ejaculating and last for 3 days. The worst feeling is the first day after the orgasm. I don't have any muscle aches, but I always have low energy, persistent fatigue, sadness. It is incredibly hard to concentrate and focus. My social skills become worse..and I feel so drained. Like someone sucked the energy out of me. Sometimes I get headaches, but not always. The cognitive symptoms are the ones I hate the most... not being able to study, or think... it is unbearable.
Today I ejaculated in the morning after several days. It destroyed my day. It destroyed my mood. I am supposed to be studying for my state exam but it is really hard to do that after ejaculation. I feel like whenever I read something, it exits my mind the next second. I forgot to say that I am 23 years old, and I have always felt like that. When I was young I thought maybe it is normal. But in the recent years I realised it is not normal being like this after having an orgasm. This is a message of despair, a message to reach out to someone who has the same problems and empathizes with the situation. I feel miserable Everytime I have an orgasm for the next 3 days. I recognize that it is not normal and it scares me. Or perhaps, what scares me the most is that I will never find a solution to this. I can write about it in a forum under the veil of anonymity, but in real life I am afraid I would be ridiculed.
I just visited an endocrinologist a few weeks ago and told him about it (I didn't dare mentioning all the symptoms, just that I would feel extremely tired after an orgasm for 2-3 days, to the point of avoiding having sex). He checked my sex hormones, prolactin, TSH, cortisol, everything came back normal. He wrote a referral for a sexology clinic. I have been avoiding going there because I know it would be pointless and they wouldn't be able to help me. But today I decided that I am going there tomorrow.
And if I fail, I will try again. And again, and again, and again. I will try everything. And if I keep suffering, I will have a vasectomy. And if that fails, I will have a castration. This is the only thing I am sure would work, but the price to pay is huge. And I am not willing to surrender just yet.
Thank you for reading this.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: I hate myself everytime I have an orgasm
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 03:10:23 PM »
Welcome to our forum, Pois92.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

COLM_2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 03:21:16 PM »
Hi POIS92,

Good that you found the forum, but not nice to hear of your Pois experiences.

Although older than you, I can still recall these awful cognitive symptoms and empathise 100 percent with you.

There are a lot of young guys on the forum here who totally get what you are experiencing and hopefully some will comment here.

Do keep trying and don't give in please with any all or nothing thought such as early vasectomy or other.

If you have some more sustained bravery, you will be able to start learning to control your symptoms more.

Spend a little time every few days reading the posts here. There is certainly symptom reduction methods that will make your life more manageable in the short term. Medium to Long term this illness will be cracked.

When I found this forum 3 years ago, it was reassuring to know I wasn't actually alone with this and I have a learned a lot of helpful things.

Be easy with yourself, you will find helpful medical people once our research is completed.

Colm
Formerly user COLM (previous username accidentally deleted). Few decades with POIS.

Spartak

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 10:18:05 PM »
HI Pois92
Your POIS sounds very similar to mine.You should relax and not hate yourself.
Few times I also thought about castration before I found this forum,now I feel hope.
I find niacin to be helpful for me.

Be strong friend!

« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 10:53:16 PM by Spartak »
no sugar diet helps me a tiny bit, also makes my mind much calmer in general. Sugar is definitely something my body does not handle well. Also I noticed that other inflammations like a hangover are better since I quit sugar. I avoid sweet fruits as well.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 11:01:15 PM »
Hi Pois92,

Take your time and read the good information you can find on this forum, about methods that works for different members, for the relief of POIS symptoms.  There is no one supplement or one method working for every POIS sufferer, but among what works for some others, you may find something that works for you.

However:

- it is the usual that your doctors do not find anything and that blood tests come out normal.  There is still no objective test or blood test for the diagnostic of POIS.  And there is only a handful of doctors in the whole world that knows a little bit about POIS - but still no tests, no understanding of the cause, and for sure, no official treatment.

- Vasectomy is useless for POIS.  I had vasectomy after my second child was born, and it had no effect on my POIS ( and I am not the only member who testify of this).  I didn't do it for POIS, but sure hope it would help, but nada.

- Castration has not been proven efficient as a cure for POIS.  The only member that had this surgery wrote on this forum that removing the testicles only improved POIS symptoms by 10 to 15% ( http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=453.msg5162#msg5162 ).  I have no idea how his POIS symptoms are at now - I have discovered this forums about 18 months ago, and he had already stop writing and participating here about 4 years ago.  So basically, many members have much more results with some supplements like niacin, or green tea, curcuma, quercetin or many others, without the major consequences of this surgery.  Like written in this message, he have done it mainly because of painful growth on his testis.

I understand your frustration and fear, I have POIS for 27 years now.  But there are ways to relieve the symptoms that have been shared here, so take to time to read some of what is shared here.

Take care!

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

certainlypois2

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 03:21:09 PM »
Hello everybody. I am a new member here...I decided to find more people out there experiencing the same symptoms I do. My symptoms start immediately after ejaculating and last for 3 days. The worst feeling is the first day after the orgasm. I don't have any muscle aches, but I always have low energy, persistent fatigue, sadness. It is incredibly hard to concentrate and focus. My social skills become worse..and I feel so drained. Like someone sucked the energy out of me. Sometimes I get headaches, but not always. The cognitive symptoms are the ones I hate the most... not being able to study, or think... it is unbearable.
Today I ejaculated in the morning after several days. It destroyed my day. It destroyed my mood. I am supposed to be studying for my state exam but it is really hard to do that after ejaculation. I feel like whenever I read something, it exits my mind the next second. I forgot to say that I am 23 years old, and I have always felt like that. When I was young I thought maybe it is normal. But in the recent years I realised it is not normal being like this after having an orgasm. This is a message of despair, a message to reach out to someone who has the same problems and empathizes with the situation. I feel miserable Everytime I have an orgasm for the next 3 days. I recognize that it is not normal and it scares me. Or perhaps, what scares me the most is that I will never find a solution to this. I can write about it in a forum under the veil of anonymity, but in real life I am afraid I would be ridiculed.
I just visited an endocrinologist a few weeks ago and told him about it (I didn't dare mentioning all the symptoms, just that I would feel extremely tired after an orgasm for 2-3 days, to the point of avoiding having sex). He checked my sex hormones, prolactin, TSH, cortisol, everything came back normal. He wrote a referral for a sexology clinic. I have been avoiding going there because I know it would be pointless and they wouldn't be able to help me. But today I decided that I am going there tomorrow.
And if I fail, I will try again. And again, and again, and again. I will try everything. And if I keep suffering, I will have a vasectomy. And if that fails, I will have a castration. This is the only thing I am sure would work, but the price to pay is huge. And I am not willing to surrender just yet.

I totally understand how you feel, I am only 3 years older than you. My worst symptom is also the cognitive ones. I took a long break from school just figure out to deal with. Don't worry about telling others, few will understand.
Even, with my cognitive problem I was able to finish my degree and pass our national exam. There were people in my class that didn't pass, so pois wont prevent success if you work through it. The best thing is to check out some of the remedies that have helped others.  You might find something that really works for you.

FloppyBanana

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 04:27:13 PM »
And if I keep suffering, I will have a vasectomy. And if that fails, I will have a castration. This is the only thing I am sure would work, but the price to pay is huge. And I am not willing to surrender just yet.

Welcome Pois92,

Please note there have various POISer that have had vasectomies and I am sorry to inform but there is not one case of it working. One did have extreme castration (testes, seminal vesicles, partial prostate). He claimed it worked but I spoke with him years after the operation and I don't believe it worked for him. I would recommend reading the medical papers around. I'm married have absolutely beautiful wife and she is 4 months pregnant. POIS is hard at times no doubt. What's important (I believe) is you distance your thoughts fro this sexualised society and really look for a partner with a good heart. My wife finds it hard at times because she wants more than I can give her sexually BUT she loves me and I love her. There is more to a relationship than sexual intimacy. When you get older the sexual drive is bit easier to control (still difficult though). At the moment I only have sex every 10-14 days. I use various medication, mainly Mytelase, Progesterone and antihistamine sleeping tablets. Even now and then it all goes wrong and I end in POIS mode, so not always easy.

Floppy Banana

30 years of POIS. Mytelase after O with Iceman breathing technique.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 08:24:22 PM »

I'm married have absolutely beautiful wife and she is 4 months pregnant.

Congratulations, FB !!!!!  :)

POIS is hard at times no doubt. What's important (I believe) is you distance your thoughts fro this sexualised society and really look for a partner with a good heart. My wife finds it hard at times because she wants more than I can give her sexually BUT she loves me and I love her. There is more to a relationship than sexual intimacy. When you get older the sexual drive is bit easier to control (still difficult though).

I totally agree, FB.  My wife is indeed a partner with a good heart, and this is one of the main reason we are still together after more than 25 years, despite POIS.  And, as I said, because I am also a kind person when not in POIS.
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Pflug

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2016, 09:51:07 AM »
Dear POIS 92,
Your post is almost identical to one I would write describing my ordeal with POIS. I write this to try and help you get through this ordeal/gift you have been given. Demo, Quantum and others on this forum do an outstanding job of letting all of us know we should not push others to try new drugs, treatment not scientifically proven or lifestyle. So I am not suggesting to anyone they take the same path as I have. I want to respect the rules. Your gift is that at a young age you understand the problem. Many of us have stumbled through life not knowing if we had mental problems or serious psychiatric problems. We also went through relationship after relationship hurting others. So you should feel extremely lucky that you don't have to go though years of misery not knowing the truth. I am a spiritual man and feel God has given me POIS for a reason. I know some of you just let out a groan that I am bringing religion into this. But I feel that God has given me a message that he wants me to dedicate my life to helping others. God gives us the ability to feel when things are right and wrong. In my case I feel God wants my relationship with him to come first. Like a Monk or a Priest. For me nocturnal emissions are the answer. I never have POIS symptoms with them. I'm sure many on this site will have reasons why there are no side effects with nocturnal emissions, however, for me it sealed the deal that God was sending me a message. I lead a normal life. I don't go to Church. I do not push religion. I have been the owner of a medium sized business for 20 years. My focus everyday is to help change the lives of the people who work for me.  Some people can't see, walk, or hear. I was born with POIS. I feel great everyday knowing I am helping others. For me, this is better than an Orgasm and I feel like I am doing what God wants me to do. I very much respect what everyone on this forum is trying to do. For years I felt like I deserved a normal life and would try anything to defeat POIS. I think you all are very courageous. But I feel a sense of peace now. My belief is we are all put here for a reason. I feel like God gave me POIS for a reason. For me its a good reason. He has chosen me. He wants me to stay focused on bringing happiness to others. This is my story only.
Complete loss of focus, extreme fatigue, sweating, nasal irritation, joint pain, headaches and depression. Takes a full week to feel normal again. Hiding from life. Praying for a cure.

zeynali900

• POISers of the world unite!
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2016, 02:58:44 AM »
Dear POIS 92,
Your post is almost identical to ...

Inspiring.

Pflug you didn't marry?

I think I'm like you, because I think NEs don't affect me either. I remember when I was 17, I abstained completely and went to the gym, those days I was feeling strong.

But as religion tells, I think masturbation causes POIS (although not for all people), and marriage would be fine.
fatigue - eye fatigue - muscle weakness - poor mental functioning - problem recalling words - mild pain in muscles, eyes, head, and neck - lightheadedness - depression - lethargy - red eyes - fever
26 single male suffering since teenage
symptoms occur immediately or up to 30 minutes