Author Topic: NORD Interim Report for POIS Study  (Read 285972 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: NORD Interim Report for POIS Study
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2016, 05:54:39 PM »

"A preliminary interpretation of our current data is that POIS symptoms are accompanied by a lowered heart rate and heart rate variability (HRV), and that vagal stimulation may produce a beneficial effect on POIS symptoms (increased heart rate and HRV) as a 're-bound' from the vagal stimulation. These are very preliminary findings and continued research with additional participants is underway, to assess the reliability of these findings."
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2016, 06:08:20 PM »
La_pet1te_mort, NORD requested a Word doc from Rutgers for Report #3.

If you wish, instead of the previous link/post, to see the pdf/Word NORD sent me for #1 - on NORD stationery - I'll need your email address to send it to you. You can send it to me via PM.

Thanks again for your efforts!

« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 10:02:11 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

rakeshbaasu

« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2016, 09:04:27 AM »
Professor Komisaruk's 3rd report is due on the 18th of this month. NORD has followed up and asked him to pay particular attention to the public section and inquired of additional recruits since Nightingale and Andy.

They hope to have the report soon!

Do we have any update on the report ? I am sorry if I sound like a manager asking status but just curious..

I started taking seacod capsules, there is about 50 % improvement in physical symptoms but not much improvement in cognitive behavior.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2016, 12:25:23 PM »
Do we have any update on the report ?

Welcome to our forum!

All we can do is wait.

Report dates are only approximate.

We're all waiting with you :)

« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 05:36:22 PM by demografx »

rakeshbaasu

« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2016, 10:08:14 AM »
Thanks Demografx.

I wish we get to know about some medicine with this research. Though official drug may take some time.

All of us have faced difficulties and problems in career, girlfriend, marriage and what not. To me it seems that we are disabled in a way but have to compete with normal people in all aspects. And behind each of us who had survived though this lies a story of unmatched hard work with unbearable pain. Several times we would have survived an accident on a busy street as our mind was cluttered with brain fog.

I am thankful to this forum to give us a new hope. "Deeeeep in my heaaaaart... I do belieeeeve that we shall overcome some dayyyyy..."

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2016, 10:48:37 AM »
Inspiring words, rakeshbaasu!

vetrofragile79

« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2016, 03:55:10 AM »

All of us have faced difficulties and problems in career, girlfriend, marriage and what not. To me it seems that we are disabled in a way but have to compete with normal people in all aspects. And behind each of us who had survived though this lies a story of unmatched hard work with unbearable pain. Several times we would have survived an accident on a busy street as our mind was cluttered with brain fog.

so deeply true.
it is hard to compete with this kind of breaks always on.. very hard.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2016, 04:32:57 PM »
So true, ve-to!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2016, 12:56:04 PM »
From NORD today, Wednesday, March 23, 2016

"Hi Demo,

Professor Komisaruk (your PI - principal investigator) intends/expects to submit the next scientific report to NORD by Friday the 25th or by the end of the week.

I will be sure to review right away and forward the public section (which will then be posted by you at the forum), which I've asked him to pay particular attention to.

All the best,
Jacqui" [Kraska]
NORD

« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 12:58:02 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2016, 04:59:33 PM »
I'll ask NORD.

Stef

« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2016, 05:10:09 PM »
Hi, La_pet1te_mort & demo,

I'm pretty certain NORD won't post the public paragraph, nor will Dr. Komisaruk's website post it.
But -- once it's posted here, you could probably use the poiscenter link (to the Interim Report post) and add that to Wikipedia.

Or -- maybe Daveman could post it onto the actual home page (poiscenter.com) -- maybe that would legitimize it for Wikipedia?

No?

Stef

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2016, 06:19:20 PM »
Hi, La_pet1te_mort & demo,

I'm pretty certain NORD won't post the public paragraph, nor will Dr. Komisaruk's website post it.
But -- [bold-type highlighting mine -- demo] once it's posted here, you could probably use the poiscenter link (to the Interim Report post) and add that to Wikipedia.

Or -- maybe Daveman could post it onto the actual home page (poiscenter.com) -- maybe that would legitimize it for Wikipedia?

No?

Stef

I already posted the links to the Interim Report #1 and the Interim Report #2 at POISCenter on this thread (e.g., see my post re. the Interim Report #2 link at the top of this page).

La_pet1te_mort reply-posted (above) that this is not acceptable at Wikipedia.

Their requirements are more stringent.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 11:24:16 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2016, 11:30:15 AM »
Wikipedia editors are pretty strict. Even if you email me a PDF, that will not be good enough for them. It is a lot better if the PDF is posted on some official website. Is the report posted on the NORD website? Or at least Komisaruk's website? Can he post it on his website?
As I mentioned, I asked NORD.

La_pet1te_mort, please feel free to email Dr. Nan Wise, cc: Dr. Barry Komisaruk -- and ask the same.

Perhaps they might have some other ideas as well!

nanwise@psychology.rutgers.edu

brk@psychology.rutgers.edu

« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 01:22:12 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2016, 12:44:06 PM »

NICE EASTER PRESENT!! -- demo

On Mar 26, 2016, at 10:40 AM, Jacqui <jkraska@rarediseases.org> wrote:

Hi Demo, you too! [Happy Easter]

I received the [interim] report so I'll send over Monday morning after reviewing.

All the best,

Jacqui
NORD

« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 02:11:18 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2016, 01:22:52 AM »

Wikipedia editors are pretty strict. Even if you email me a PDF, that will not be good enough for them. It is a lot better if the PDF is posted on some official website. Is the report posted on the NORD website? Or at least Komisaruk's website? Can he post it on his website?
As I mentioned, I asked NORD.

La_pet1te_mort, please feel free to email Dr. Nan Wise, cc: Dr. Barry Komisaruk -- and ask the same.

Perhaps they might have some other ideas as well!

nanwise@psychology.rutgers.edu

brk@psychology.rutgers.edu

Defsync

« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2016, 11:50:30 PM »
how do we get a copy of this report? can you upload to google docs and share with everyone? wanna just email it to me?

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2016, 12:11:23 AM »
Defsync, the report will be posted here at this thread, just like the first two.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2016, 10:51:00 PM »

Thanks Demografx.

I wish we get to know about some medicine with this research. Though official drug may take some time.
At this time, we're hoping that Vagal Stimulation will work, rather than drugs/medicine. If not, medicinal research might be next (hopefully - with more funding).

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2016, 02:47:12 PM »

Opened a new thread -- "Wikipedia" -- please see:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2279.msg18522#msg18522

LAPOISSE

« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2016, 09:58:53 AM »
Hello All,

Weren't we supposed to receive something on monday ?

Thanks