Author Topic: Article: Our "Second Brain", it's influence, and connection to the vagus nerve!  (Read 4503 times)

Nightingale

This is an article about the Enteric Nervous System (ENS), better known as the Gut Brain. It's really connected to what we are going through with POIS in my observation. So many of us have gut related issues, and there may be a connection to our main POIS symptoms literally via the vagus nerve!:

"We now know that the ENS is not just capable of autonomy but also influences the brain. In fact, about 90 per cent of the signals passing along the vagus nerve come not from above, but from the ENS"

Neat pop science article (with references!)

http://neurosciencestuff.tumblr.com/post/38271759345/gut-instincts-the-secrets-of-your-second-brain
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

mellivora

Good intro to this topic.  Thanks a lot for this Nightingale!

b_jim

I'm a bit sceptic about vagus nerve theory but the link with gut is very interresting.
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Thank you, Nightingale.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business