Author Topic: Shaking my head  (Read 4186 times)

Going less Crazy

Shaking my head
« on: December 11, 2014, 03:56:19 AM »
I know this is weird but in my POIS I get these foggy feelings in my head like there is some chemical attacking my brain or something and causing this "foggy" feeling.  Its like I don't have control over a specific part of my brain and there are a lot of cobwebs in it.  All I feel is pressure in the area but I cannot adequately use that area of my brain.  I found recently that actually shaking my head, or vibrating it (which I do) by tensing the neck muscles, actually relieves me of some of this foggy feeling and my head feels "clearer" for more than a moment.  It is very weird.  I just wonder what could be happening, possible increased blood flow?  Maybe shaking some kind of auto-immune hormone, disease, virus, chemical or whatever out of my head?  It is just very strange.  I'm going to continue doing this, as my head feels clearer.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 04:02:58 AM by Going less Crazy »
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Prancer

Re: Shaking my head
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 11:35:53 PM »
I know this is weird but in my POIS I get these foggy feelings in my head like there is some chemical attacking my brain or something and causing this "foggy" feeling.  Its like I don't have control over a specific part of my brain and there are a lot of cobwebs in it.  All I feel is pressure in the area but I cannot adequately use that area of my brain.  I found recently that actually shaking my head, or vibrating it (which I do) by tensing the neck muscles, actually relieves me of some of this foggy feeling and my head feels "clearer" for more than a moment.  It is very weird.  I just wonder what could be happening, possible increased blood flow?  Maybe shaking some kind of auto-immune hormone, disease, virus, chemical or whatever out of my head?  It is just very strange.  I'm going to continue doing this, as my head feels clearer.

Yep, moving my head, and just moving in general, helps reduce my cognitive symptoms, at least temporarily. I think it might be what you said, the increased blood flow. It bothers me if I shake my head too hard though. Also, laying upside down for a while also helps me feel better. Keeping perfectly still is definitely not good for my cognitive symptoms.

Have a very great holiday season & new year GLC. You're so smart, and over the years you've been such a great help to other POISers! Hopefully 2015 will be the year you will finally get better.

Prancer

Going less Crazy

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 01:33:35 AM »
Well thank you Prancer, to you as well.  I actually used to do handstands but previously stopped because they now give me "brain fog" for a day or two, and used to break out on my face after doing them from the increased blood flow or whatever.  And when I shake my head I'm not sure if I previously stated this but I do so just like a vibration almost like I'm seizing, not actually shaking my head from side to side haha that would definitely give me headaches.
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Prancer

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 01:06:15 AM »
Well thank you Prancer, to you as well.  I actually used to do handstands but previously stopped because they now give me "brain fog" for a day or two, and used to break out on my face after doing them from the increased blood flow or whatever.  And when I shake my head I'm not sure if I previously stated this but I do so just like a vibration almost like I'm seizing, not actually shaking my head from side to side haha that would definitely give me headaches.

Np! Ty for the clarification. I know what you mean now about the vibration, and I can do it too, and it does help a bit just like you said.