Author Topic: For those with CFS - possible brain markers...  (Read 3409 times)

mellivora

For those with CFS - possible brain markers...
« on: October 31, 2014, 03:50:52 AM »
Some here have reported having Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as well as POIS. In any case POIS shares some symptoms. Here is an article about new research which correlates CFS with brain abnormalities.

One has to wonder if something similar happens with POIS although often we report that we feel normal outside of POIS.  I remember my first POIS episode (even  though I hadn't linked it to orgasm at that stage). It came on suddenly and I went from feeling normal to very abnormal quicklyl in the same way as one might with a viral infection - pretty much overnight. This suggests to me that my POIS symptoms are not due to such brain abnormalities - one day I felt normal, the next day I didn't. However, I can see its possible with frequent inflammation from POIS that over time it could lead to such things as deterioration in white matter and other structural changes...

I shall email this to Dr Komisaruk to make sure he is aware, in case he is able to look out for such changes using the MRI's that will already be performed with the research

http://www.iflscience.com/brain/brain-abnormalities-discovered-patients-chronic-fatigue-syndrome
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 03:53:45 AM by mellivora »

Nightingale

Re: For those with CFS - possible brain markers...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 06:38:35 PM »
I saw the same article earlier, thought it would be interesting to know if we had similar formations in the brain.  CFS is an energy problem, and I think that POIS at its core is an energy issue as well.  I'm currently waiting to hear from a naturopath who understands methylation, I ran into so many obstacles in trying to supplement for methylation that I needed an expert to help me find the steps I need to take. This ultimately would result in improved mitochondrial function, and that means energy function too.

But brain topography is something that requires another approach to view, diagnose and potentially treat. Am curious about how long term usage of a vagus nerve stimulator would affect these areas discussed in the papers.
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 12:14:28 AM »

I shall email this to Dr Komisaruk to make sure he is aware, in case he is able to look out for such changes using the MRI's that will already be performed with the research

Excellent, Mel!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Prancer

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 11:33:45 PM »
I saw the same article earlier, thought it would be interesting to know if we had similar formations in the brain.  CFS is an energy problem, and I think that POIS at its core is an energy issue as well.  I'm currently waiting to hear from a naturopath who understands methylation, I ran into so many obstacles in trying to supplement for methylation that I needed an expert to help me find the steps I need to take. This ultimately would result in improved mitochondrial function, and that means energy function too.

But brain topography is something that requires another approach to view, diagnose and potentially treat. Am curious about how long term usage of a vagus nerve stimulator would affect these areas discussed in the papers.

Makes sense to me. POIS feels like an energy issue, because along with all the physical fatigue, the cognitive problems can be thought of as an energy issue too. I like that idea a lot.