Author Topic: What to take if you mess up and are actively IN a POIS episode?  (Read 5433 times)

Going less Crazy

So I guess I can say that I never really actually found something that I can take if I somehow end up in the grips of a POIS episode.  That is I messed up somehow by not taking my herbs/drugs beforehand that work.  I had somewhat of a POIS episode recently because I cried and crying causes me to have a bit of a POIS episode.  So is there anybody out there that knows what to take DURING a POIS episode that will help or ease symptoms?  Antihistamines are out of the question because you can only take them beforehand.  Some of these are my techniques... Are there any suggestions?

*** Updated suggestions (I'll try to update when I'm online and see posts so you don't have to scroll and read everything). I apologize for format... I'm writing with my phone now.

** second update... I'm going to rank these on effectiveness (for my POIS and hopefully others) on supplements you can take DURING an episode.  The ones without ranking I have either not tried or is not effective to take DURING an episode.  These are my rankings an others can work differently for your POIS.

-urine therapy.              - this may seem like a drastic option, but in my case it worked a few times at relieving POIS at its worst. However im the only one i believe to have tried this. Drink half cup or so of morning urine, the first piss after you wake.  Details and explanation in bottom paragraph.  I would actually encourage you to try other options... This one's a bit weird

2) - claritin D.                     - wait around 24 hours after you mistakenly "O", take a 12 hr claritin-d and "O" in 30 minutes or until you feel the claritin-d in you.  This relieved my POIS three times so far 3/3.  Make sure it is D.  Also not exactly sure on the timing of it... It could possibly work right after a bad O as well.  Someone please post if it helps or if u tried right after a bad O

3) - chamomile tea.          - helped me in a bad POIS episode... Relieved POIS probably around  50% (in my system now) May have to do with antiallergenic properties

-Fasting                                               - fast for at least 16 hours, has helped me greatly but needs more experimentation... Update.. Fasting for 24 hours in POIS did not relieve it.

-Napping and Exercise                           - Not my preferred "easer" of symptoms

7) - Circumin                                           - didn't try during a bad POIS episode, gave up after taking daily due to stimulant feeling

5) - Grape seed extract                            - worked very well for me so far, I took in higher doses, about 300 mg grape seed extract along with 150 mg grape skin extract in one dose(same bottle healthy balance version, i am 150 pounds) gives much relief tho I don't want to put a number on it yet.  Also helps induce sleep and calm feeling.  I slept considerably well after taking this during a POIS episode and because of this I will be taking that dosage every night and will update...**update, good to take as one time dose, not every night.  Helps to take before sleep.

4) - Energy drinks, "red bull"                    - works good haven't tried in a while so untrusted opinion but heavy stimulating feeling

6) - Aspirin (warning)                              - POIS eased somewhat, as it wears off POIS is in full force so have to take more doses

-Olive Leaf Extract                              - way more efficient for me as preventative, relieves POIS poorly while in POIS

1) - taurine.      - Helps bjim, another poisers and I a lot
Take one 500mg pill or even half of that.  Relieves inflammation and autoimmune response.  Also has a bit of a simulating feeling but way better than POIS.  I find 500mg taurine gives me 16 hours of energy, I am 150 lbs with a fairly fast metabolism.  I now take 250 mg every morning and helps brain fog clarity and relieves inflammational symptoms.

-fenugreek.            - haven't tried in POIS... Helps others

-low GI food.         - helps B_Jim

-anti-inflammatory diet.      - helps many ppl

- nutmed (caution).        - can cause death if used excessively.  1/8 - 1/4 of a teaspoon relieves inflammation and has antidepressant effects.  I warn against this one though.

- More suggestions...

The reason or theory for the urine therapy would be that your urine...especially morning urine contains a lot of hormones from your body and also "allergenic" proteins.  By reintroducing these allergenic proteins back into your system you will actually create an "allergy" to these allergenic proteins, which than clears POIS symptoms.  Your body would be looking for the POIS proteins and clear them up.  However, again I believe I might be the only one to have tried this.  This is purely experimental
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 09:13:06 PM by Going less Crazy »
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Colm

Re: What to take if you mess up and are actively IN a POIS episode?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 07:05:43 AM »
Hi Shinjiro.

I am unsure if this is something "lost in translation", but can I suggest that you change your signature.

Your stated references on your signature to religion & inferences to Jesus' actions, are probably inappropriate, and IMO, do not belong on this website.

Just a suggestion, and am sure your intent is to be helpful, but there are many here who have differing beliefs.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 07:09:09 AM by Colm »

Prancer

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 10:54:55 PM »
So I guess I can say that I never really actually found something that I can take if I somehow end up in the grips of a POIS episode.  That is I messed up somehow by not taking my herbs/drugs beforehand that work.  I had somewhat of a POIS episode recently because I cried and crying causes me to have a bit of a POIS episode.  So is there anybody out there that knows what to take DURING a POIS episode that will help or ease symptoms?  Antihistamines are out of the question because you can only take them beforehand.  Are there any suggestions?

Another great Q. It's also very hard for me to "get out of" an episode of POIS once I'm in it. The two main things that help me a lot are: 1) try a nap if you can. I know it's difficult sometimes to sleep during the day or with POIS, but napping (even though I very rarely nap during the day) for a little bit can help ease symptoms. The second thing that helps is strenuous exercise (ha, napping, exercise, they're complete opposites, but they work). After a lot of hard exercise I tend to feel a bit better. Other than that, 'time and sleep' are really the only things that work for me.

Labyrinth

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 01:04:42 PM »
fenugreek ease the symptoms , can any one study while in pois ! :D
POIS of 10 yrs now

Jimmy

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 01:17:07 PM »
Try curcumin. Curcumin helps even if you take it after orgasm.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 05:58:05 AM »
I've also noticed that Grape Seed Extract can help while in a bad POIS episode, it definitely eases POIS for some time as long as higher dosages are taken (look what I said above about it)

I'm still looking forward to other things people take during POIS since I am ALWAYS looking for something to take when I mess up yet I never know what to take that will affectively to the trick.  I may try fenugreek sometime in the future as suggested.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 03:23:36 PM by Going less Crazy »
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

abnormal8340

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 09:14:34 AM »
SLEEP  reduces symptoms to great extent... try to have atleast 8hrs sleep...

b_jim

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 01:06:16 AM »
For me, Taurine and low glycemic index food.
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.