Author Topic: New Concepts for Discussion  (Read 9246 times)

Daveman

• Administrator
New Concepts for Discussion
« on: June 01, 2011, 11:32:44 AM »
In this thread we present general investigation paths to take for discussion and eventual approval / disapproval.

This thread is the least formal of the rest. This area, I hope will serve eventual investigators to have important information in one place and to understand the concepts that we feel could be important in resolving the POIS issue.

Once the concept graduates from here, it's treatment is more formal and should be considered more for information and factual content.

Do not create new threads on this board. That should only be done by approval, which should most likely come from discussions in this thread. We don;t want to clutter the area.

Thanks
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: New Concepts for Discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 09:08:14 AM »

The so-called "Placebo Effect" comes up frequently in discussions about new POIS treatments.

I wonder if it merits a topic/thread?

Previous NSF posts on the subject:
http://www.google.com/search?q=placebo+POIS+site:http://thenakedscientists.com&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Egordon

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 10:58:29 AM »
Hey Daveman,

I, like many on the board, continue to experience brainfog and fatigue to some extent even after I've not orgasmed for a few days. It's always there (in faint traces) but orgasm makes the symptoms FAR more severe. As a result of the persistence of these symptoms, i've become interested in the relationship between POIS and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. For those of you that don't know, CFS is another disorder which doctors know very little about but whose sufferers complain of memory problems, muscle pain, a stifling general fatigue, brainfog, lymph node inflammation and just about everything else that folks on this board have experienced. It too is suspected to be related to a immune system dysfunction.

I'm interested in learning to what extent other folks on the board experience their symptoms when not under POIS -- a few days "out" of orgasm, that is. I'm interested in this because there seems a possibility that for some of us POIS is an intensification of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I need to look around some CFS message boards to see if anyone's written anything about sexual activity but I'm really suspicious that the two diseases may be related. But, for now, could I start a thread for people to answer the following q'st:

1) Do your symptoms persist long after sexual activity? Or is there a period when you have absolutely no symptoms at all?

2) Have you ever had any problems with your intestines or taken antibiotics for a long amount of time? (I ask because CFS sufferers who are inclined to holistic medicine have often suggested that the disease is related to excessive bad bacteria and yeast in ones intestines. This can (apparently) be brought on by taking bacteria long-term for something. I, for instance, took bacteria for acne when I was younger and have recently begun to think my symptoms may be related to that period.)

3) Have you had any success with a gluten-free / elimination diet?

Daveman, does this topic sound fruitful at all? If so, do you think I can start another thread for it.
POIS since I was about 15. 1.75 years of desens and I'm now about 80% POIS free. Still working through best practices for maintaining my immunity and administering my injections with my doctor. Email me if you have tips or questions!

Egordon

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 11:11:41 AM »
I'm also interested in what people's sex drive is like. I read that for about 60% of CFS sufferers there's sexual dysfunction and a lack of sex drive. I think maybe I have CFS -- my symptoms never go away entirely -- but my drive is always through the roof. This is especially true when i'm suffering from POIS (although this may be because I'm upset with myself for O-ing and feel like I can't do much besides O again... and again... and...). Anyways:

4) What's your sex drive like?

POIS since I was about 15. 1.75 years of desens and I'm now about 80% POIS free. Still working through best practices for maintaining my immunity and administering my injections with my doctor. Email me if you have tips or questions!

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 07:10:25 PM »
Hey Daveman,

I, like many on the board, continue to experience brainfog and fatigue to some extent even after I've not orgasmed for a few days. It's always there (in faint traces) but orgasm makes the symptoms FAR more severe. As a result of the persistence of these symptoms, i've become interested in the relationship between POIS and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. For those of you that don't know, CFS is another disorder which doctors know very little about but whose sufferers complain of memory problems, muscle pain, a stifling general fatigue, brainfog, lymph node inflammation and just about everything else that folks on this board have experienced. It too is suspected to be related to a immune system dysfunction.

I'm interested in learning to what extent other folks on the board experience their symptoms when not under POIS -- a few days "out" of orgasm, that is. I'm interested in this because there seems a possibility that for some of us POIS is an intensification of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I need to look around some CFS message boards to see if anyone's written anything about sexual activity but I'm really suspicious that the two diseases may be related. But, for now, could I start a thread for people to answer the following q'st:

1) Do your symptoms persist long after sexual activity? Or is there a period when you have absolutely no symptoms at all?

2) Have you ever had any problems with your intestines or taken antibiotics for a long amount of time? (I ask because CFS sufferers who are inclined to holistic medicine have often suggested that the disease is related to excessive bad bacteria and yeast in ones intestines. This can (apparently) be brought on by taking bacteria long-term for something. I, for instance, took bacteria for acne when I was younger and have recently begun to think my symptoms may be related to that period.)

3) Have you had any success with a gluten-free / elimination diet?

Daveman, does this topic sound fruitful at all? If so, do you think I can start another thread for it.

At the following link we have a thread for CFS. It is NOT POIS, but may have some parallel symptoms.
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=170.0

Most POIS sufferes can't even think about a second orgasm within 5 days of the first. Personally I am JUST recuperating around day 5, sometime it takes 10 days or more. So if one would have an orgasm twice per week, or even once per week it would feel as though you never get better.

Some of us have intestinal/digestion problems during their POIS. In my case sometimes I have them, sometimes not. If I have digestion problems they usually reappear in each session for 3 or 4 sessions.

I haven't tried gluten free diets personally, some have, and the results were mixed. It seems that it does help to reduce glutens, but nobody can go it long enough, like any diet, it gets tired.

If you orgasm any more than twice per week, I would tend to think you could have more of a Sexual Exhaustion problem, or like you say, a version of CFS.

But try to abstain long enough to have 2 or 3 days completely free of symtoms. If it takes 5 to 10 days, you may be in the beginning of POIS. It most often gets worse with time.
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 07:16:12 PM »
I'm also interested in what people's sex drive is like. I read that for about 60% of CFS sufferers there's sexual dysfunction and a lack of sex drive. I think maybe I have CFS -- my symptoms never go away entirely -- but my drive is always through the roof. This is especially true when i'm suffering from POIS (although this may be because I'm upset with myself for O-ing and feel like I can't do much besides O again... and again... and...). Anyways:

4) What's your sex drive like?

Check out the link above for CFS.

Most of us have the problem that their sex drive is too strong. But again it's relative. In the first days of POIS most of us don't even want to think about sex, although there are sveral that find that sex in the first days seems to help a little !?

My personal case is that I don't want to even look at anything naked for at least 4 days. Even those who have "too much sex drive", usually don't want anything for at least a couple of days, but before their symptoms receed, they are back to "play".

Clycos

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 07:45:32 PM »
Hello, I'm looking for a pois sufferer from Montreal please contact me :)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 08:34:57 PM »
Send a pm to "mat780" and ask him about his POIS Map and any possible sufferers who might be interested to hear from you in Montreal.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 03:13:22 PM »
Hi Clycos,

Feel free to pm mat780

From Mat780:

"There's no one from Montreal in the POIS Map.
There's one from Ottawa and another one from Quebec. If he's interested in any of them I could find out if they are interested in contacting him."

Clycos

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 09:40:55 PM »
Hey demografx, I never got to thank you for pointing me out to people in Canada. Sorry for my persistence, it is more because I want to discuss some POIS issues with someone who understands what im talking about and where I am coming from. If only we can host a live web discussion where a bunch of POIS sufferers would go on and discuss some major topics about our illness. Right now anything that can bring in a bit of awareness is hope to all POIS sufferers. If anyone is interested in a live web conference give a shout ill try to look in to how that can be possible.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 10:14:12 PM »
Clycos, I like your ideas!

Would Skype or Google Conferencing work?

« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 10:17:31 PM by demografx »

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 07:46:06 AM »
Hey demografx, I never got to thank you for pointing me out to people in Canada. Sorry for my persistence, it is more because I want to discuss some POIS issues with someone who understands what im talking about and where I am coming from. If only we can host a live web discussion where a bunch of POIS sufferers would go on and discuss some major topics about our illness. Right now anything that can bring in a bit of awareness is hope to all POIS sufferers. If anyone is interested in a live web conference give a shout ill try to look in to how that can be possible.

BTW our forum DOES have a chat, which is live, although it's not a video conference it might be a start that is avaliable NOW.

Only requires coordinating between the participants, as would any video conference.

LAPOISSE

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 12:47:31 PM »
Skype conference works very well...with or without video...when you have an account, it takes 30 sec to organise a Conf?rence with up to 12 participants

superfrancais

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 05:28:38 AM »
I, like many on the board, continue to experience brainfog and fatigue to some extent even after I've not orgasmed for a few days. It's always there (in faint traces) but orgasm makes the symptoms FAR more severe.

Hi Egordon, thanks you so much for saying it.

I have exactly the same feeling as you about POIS, that it never stops completely. I also think there should exist a thread on this forum that emphasizes this fact. At least to exactly know the percentage of poisers that experience a chronic POIS.

Personally there is no more than 1 or 2 days a year when I feel good... And I feel very frustrated when people only associates the disease with orgasm and sex.

Actually for me the name POIS is not well-chosen. First it is more related to "ejaculation" than to "orgasm", and second it's not only a "post" orgasmic problem, it's a CHRONIC problem that is worsen after making love.
20 years of both mental and physical symptoms after love, chronic fatigue and depression even with abstinence, French (Lyon)

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2014, 11:13:27 PM »
I, like many on the board, continue to experience brainfog and fatigue to some extent even after I've not orgasmed for a few days. It's always there (in faint traces) but orgasm makes the symptoms FAR more severe.

Hi Egordon, thanks you so much for saying it.

I have exactly the same feeling as you about POIS, that it never stops completely. I also think there should exist a thread on this forum that emphasizes this fact. At least to exactly know the percentage of poisers that experience a chronic POIS.

Personally there is no more than 1 or 2 days a year when I feel good... And I feel very frustrated when people only associates the disease with orgasm and sex.

Actually for me the name POIS is not well-chosen. First it is more related to "ejaculation" than to "orgasm", and second it's not only a "post" orgasmic problem, it's a CHRONIC problem that is worsen after making love.

Hi, Superfrancais

I totally agree.  There is an acute POIS phase, following O, but there is a chronic, low-noise, POIS that steals me stamina, and, in my case, heavily affects my emotionnal stability, every day  (just that it is 300% worst in POIS acute phase, and that some symptoms shows only in acute phase, or are under the radar in chronic phase).  For the chronic phase, the term POIS becomes a bit inappropriate, but I think by now this name has become the "official" name for our syndrome, and for efficient and clear communication, it may be better to stick with it.

As my hypothesis about POIS gets clearer, I think that the hypersensitivity reactions following O, apart from having their own allergy and flu-like symptoms,  are badly worsening a preexisting metabolic condition that is sensible to immunomodulators produced in the initial moments of the acute phase, just after O.  On top of that, some comorbidity factors can amplify one or more of the central aspects of POIS. 

POIS is like a four heads monster that can bites you from different angles, and, on top of that, also has a certain number of clawed feet, that can add to the harm.  To get 100% free of POIS symptoms, one has to know the particular configuration of his POIS symptomatology, and how to control and avoid the bites and claws of each and every heads and foot that causes him POIS symptoms, in a comprehensive and global strategy.

That's what i am working on, and so far, so good.

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259