Author Topic: Diabetic glucose levels 24hrs after O  (Read 8304 times)

Hoping

Diabetic glucose levels 24hrs after O
« on: June 29, 2014, 05:25:17 PM »
Its been a while since Ive posted in the forum. Im a very healthy and active 29 year old (vegetarian, rarely eat sweets, run ~20 miles per week). I recently had blood work done 24 hrs after O and my results showed I had diabetic glucose levels. I should mention I have no family history of diabetes. My levels after fasting 8 hrs were at 172 (normal is 66-99). I was shocked to say the least. I had another test done that looks at average glucose levels over the last couple months and those results came back fine. This is the only time Ive ever had this issue, but I found it both surprising and fascinating. Has this shown up for anyone else?? Has anyone looked at this?
Experienced POIS since 2002.
My symptoms include: brain fog, depression, physical and mental fatigue, memory problems, social anxiety, concentration problems, myalgia, inflammation.

sameer7777

• pls send what ever working pls thankyou
Re: Diabetic glucose levels 24hrs after O
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 05:33:22 PM »
Same here now be careful in taking diabetes drugs did not help me be in touch OK
pls don't expose me.
AFTER SEX/MASTERBATION (FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS)
1)BACK NECK PAIN GOES TO DOWN SPINE
2)NERVES LIKE SQUEEZED OUT
3)MORNING FEET NERVES PAIN
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION
7)HIGH SUGAR LEVELS (TRIED INSULIN FOR 1 YEAR MAKE ME MORE SICK

Hoping

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 06:58:38 PM »
Same here now be careful in taking diabetes drugs did not help me be in touch OK

You had the same problem?? Im not taking medication since the second test that tests average glucose levels over the last few months came back negative. I wonder if its possible to have short term diabetes due to POIS?
My symptoms include: brain fog, depression, physical and mental fatigue, memory problems, social anxiety, concentration problems, myalgia, inflammation.

b_jim

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 01:44:34 AM »
This is a fantastic testimony. I wait such one since many years :)

In my case, I become very sensible to sugar after ejaculation. For exemple, if I have an orgasm at 8 am, I become sensible to sugar after the lunch. If I eat sugar or a lot of pastas, white bread for lunch, I feel hot flashes, feel "feverish" 30 minutes after. It seems exercice increases this feeling too.
[you can google it : feverish after orgasm ]
Is there a role for catecholamine then ? According to a scientific book I have, Insuline is not involved for moderate/average exercice but catecholamines are.
I have several testimonies of Poisers having improvement with sugar remove (~ about 20 cases compared to the 1000 members of Pois communauty).

But anyway, my glucose level seems normal. I have bought a glucose-meter just for measuring what happen in this specific time. I have correct levels (105-110 if I remember). It was disappointing but your testimony is a calling to test again.

So, what do you feel after meals ? Maybe you could take several measure (30 min per 30min ) and draw a graphic .

That's why I wrote a topic about pancreas here.
My basic idea is orgasm is activating steroids hormones (I have acne after this might be a sign). But the level in blood stay stable because testes, adrenals and pancreas work to balance levels. But the fluctuations of hormones influences pancreas and then insuline release. To say it very basically, when pancreas is busy to restore testosterone it doesn't release insuline rightly.

edit : Sorry I read your post a bit quickly.  ;D
You talk about high glycemia level after 8h fasting . This is not the same thing.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 02:04:34 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

poiseidon

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 02:52:37 AM »
I've done a similar test called "Glucose tolerance test ". After drinking a glass of glucose, 8 samples of blood are tested every half hour giving a curve that my gastroenterologist defined as an abnormal reaction to glucose, but not enough to be considered diabetes.

It was on day 3, probably doing it before and after O would be even more interesting.

BTW I stumble on this on facebook just now, might be of interest to someone.

TED Talks - How sugar affects the brain -
http://ed.ted.com/lessons/how-sugar-affects-the-brain-nicole-avena
After spending loads on supplements I found out that the only thing that works is abstinence. Full stop. And it's free.
Meditation if done correctly is great too.
Also avoiding computers produce faster recoveries and fewer temptations.

POISrival

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 02:20:29 PM »
When I eat sweet food after Orgasm, I feel more " inflamed ". I have lowered my diet Carbs intake for months, I feel generally less worse.
POIS is my worst enemy

sameer7777

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 03:08:07 PM »
Looking for some natural thing after orgasm to lower the sugar level any advice???
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

G-man

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 11:25:36 PM »
When I asked my osteopathic doctor about POIS, he mentioned something about this being an abnormality in the autonomic nervous system. And I'm now learning that the autonomic nervous system modulates glucose metabolism...

Prancer

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 01:02:15 AM »
When I asked my osteopathic doctor about POIS, he mentioned something about this being an abnormality in the autonomic nervous system. And I'm now learning that the autonomic nervous system modulates glucose metabolism...

Interesting, I wouldn't be surprised if I learned that POIS had something to do with the nervous system. The symptoms, tingly feeling, spasms... Plus, orgasm, which I would guess is a huge maelstrom of electrical activity in the brain, is the main cause of our symptoms. It's another reason why I'm eager to see how the research goes, especially since the main area of interest is vagus nerve.

sameer7777

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 04:34:42 AM »
Interesting
But when I have sex then why my nerves while body get stiff like gets dry  and only b complex helps me, only in injection form, only b1,b6,b12
Why explain this ??
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

b_jim

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 02:06:13 PM »
Link sugar - insulin - dopamine :

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/06/130610223722.htm

High sugar intake linked to low dopamine release in insulin resistant patients
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Hoping

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 10:08:12 PM »

Interesting, I wouldn't be surprised if I learned that POIS had something to do with the nervous system. The symptoms, tingly feeling, spasms... Plus, orgasm, which I would guess is a huge maelstrom of electrical activity in the brain, is the main cause of our symptoms. It's another reason why I'm eager to see how the research goes, especially since the main area of interest is vagus nerve.

Very interesting. I dont have an at home, finger prick glucose testing kit at home. Maybe I'll look into getting one if theyre not too expensive so I can experiment a bit. I dont eat much straight sugar, but I definitely eat carbs and fruits (which are often broken down into glucose). It might be worth testing.

Hoping

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 10:14:34 PM »

Sorry. No advice here. Diabetes was not on my radar so Im learning a lot about it as I go.

Samir

• POIS victim since 1988
    • Huntsville Car Scene.com
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 07:06:37 AM »
Very interesting that you've experienced a link between diabetes (even temporary) and pois.

I failed a glucose tolerance test about 5 years ago when I was having diabetic neuropathy pain that was waking me at night and generally disturbing my life.  I adjusted my diet and was able to control the diabetes.

I do recall that I've felt like my sugar was definitely 'off' when in POIS.  I've gotten to the point I can sense my sugar, so I no longer test.  But I may need to if we need the data.

Hoping

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 10:52:44 PM »
Very interesting that you've experienced a link between diabetes (even temporary) and pois.

I failed a glucose tolerance test about 5 years ago when I was having diabetic neuropathy pain that was waking me at night and generally disturbing my life.  I adjusted my diet and was able to control the diabetes.

I do recall that I've felt like my sugar was definitely 'off' when in POIS.  I've gotten to the point I can sense my sugar, so I no longer test.  But I may need to if we need the data.

If youre able and willing to do some testing, Id be really curious to hear the results. My test may have been a fluke, flat out wrong, or unrelated to POIS, but it added an unexpected explanation for this condition. Have you ever tested glucose as it relates to POIS? Again, my levels were at 172 after 8hrs without eating and a little less than 24hrs after O.

sameer7777

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2014, 07:57:11 AM »

@samir what to take for daibetic neropathy pain pls guide ????
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

sameer7777

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 07:58:57 AM »

If youre able and willing to do some testing, Id be really curious to hear the results. My test may have been a fluke, flat out wrong, or unrelated to POIS, but it added an unexpected explanation for this condition. Have you ever tested glucose as it relates to POIS? Again, my levels were at 172 after 8hrs without eating and a little less than 24hrs after O.

before O my levels are 250 which is bit high in random , after O its 380 .....pls advice .....
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2014, 09:15:30 AM »
Its been a while since Ive posted in the forum. Im a very healthy and active 29 year old (vegetarian, rarely eat sweets, run ~20 miles per week). I recently had blood work done 24 hrs after O and my results showed I had diabetic glucose levels. I should mention I have no family history of diabetes. My levels after fasting 8 hrs were at 172 (normal is 66-99). I was shocked to say the least. I had another test done that looks at average glucose levels over the last couple months and those results came back fine. This is the only time Ive ever had this issue, but I found it both surprising and fascinating. Has this shown up for anyone else?? Has anyone looked at this?

I have the same problem. Took me a while to relate it to POIS. My last session was bad. Got nausious,dizzy and had high glycemia levels. Could hardly eat anything. After 10 day, "boom" back to normal. Measured 89 thsi morning.

Would be interesting to see if others could measure their glycemia levels. A tester doesn't cost too much.
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

b_jim

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 10:24:00 AM »
I just found my glucose-tester. The datas I saved some years ago are still in memory !
I remember I have tested my glucose level post-prandial about 30 minutes after meal and in-Pois (I think 4-6 hours after ejaculation) when I usually have "flu-like symptoms" (hot flash, feverish feeling). What I supposed to be hyperglycemic episode.
My level was :
106 and 113 mg/L NORMAL
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 10:29:05 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

sameer7777

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 06:20:58 PM »
We should use some natural eating things to lower sugar in take I think the sugar intake is bad for nerves
pls don't expose me.
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION