Author Topic: Berlin1984's thread  (Read 20380 times)

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
Re: Berlin1984's thread
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2022, 03:29:56 PM »
I'm avoiding PUFAs (vegetable oils) for several months now and have to say it was a very good decision.

I have to say that avoiding PUFAs for 2 months now and upping saturated fat intake (butter/cheese/beef) has helped me a lot with general well being.

This is supported by two books I read:
The perfect health diet. (summary)

How to heal your metabolism

(i'm not gluten free though..)

berlin1984

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2022, 02:13:35 AM »
I'm taking a probiotic called Omnibiotic SR-9 which is claimed to help for fatigue and stress resistence.

Additionally, I drink 1 small bottle of Actimel/Yacult during the day.

Of course I also drink 1-2 cups of coffee during the day, the number 1 supplement.

I take serotine influecing supplements (Ashwagandha, Rosea Rhodiola) only as acute medicine, not chronic daily usage.

^ This helped me a lot for general fatigue and energy levels. It also improved POIS a lot.

berlin1984

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2022, 08:12:11 AM »

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

berlin1984

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2022, 10:23:23 AM »
Thanks  :) :)

berlin1984

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2024, 11:25:28 AM »
I think I have good experience with Liposomal (Apo)Lactoferrin.

I see it only mentioned as a biomarker here in the forum, but it's also available as a supplement. colostrum (I don't use that) contains (Apo?)Lactoferrin.

Some effects mentioned are antibacterial, antiviral, immune stimulating.

It's also effective in some people for long covid. https://www.google.com/search?q=long+covid+lactoferrin

Progecitor

• Aphrodisiacs are effective
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2024, 04:26:09 PM »
I think I have good experience with Liposomal (Apo)Lactoferrin.

I see it only mentioned as a biomarker here in the forum, but it's also available as a supplement. colostrum (I don't use that) contains (Apo?)Lactoferrin.

Some effects mentioned are antibacterial, antiviral, immune stimulating.

It's also effective in some people for long covid. https://www.google.com/search?q=long+covid+lactoferrin

Actually lactoferrin also got me interested recently, when I realized that it can be found in the seminal fluid. At first I thought it may be detrimental based on a POISer's medical results, where it was found to be elevated.
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2684.msg24765#msg24765
However after reading much on lactoferrin I find that it has a wide array of benefits:
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=4474.0
The most intriguing is probably its role in spermatogenesis and hypogonadism. Similarly important is its function in barrier protection both in the intestinal and blood–testis barrier. It is actually considered as a prebiotic, which makes it similar to inulin or beta glucan. Clearly its role in oxidative stress and NETosis is equally important and likely in conjunction with the aforementioned.

I have already tried colostrum earlier, though without much success. At least it is reassuring that you saw an improvement on lactoferrin. I have already bought some as well and soon will test to see if it is any particularly better.
The cause is probably the senescence of sexual organs and resultant inducible SASP, which also acts as a kind of non-diabetic metabolic syndrome.

berlin1984

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2024, 06:49:13 AM »

SchizoPIOS

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2024, 11:13:54 AM »
Hey there Berlin,

Just read this thread, thanks for the info, Im single and have been for quite a long time now, and its been a great relief knowing that POIS is less severe with actual sex than masturbation, I've been telling myself I should avoid all relationships if it causes so much problems, your advice about selecting an introvert partner was interesting too, I do seem to be more attracted towards more 'reserved' women so it was nice to read it.  I've only had casual sex a handful of times the past couple of years so never had enough experience to realise which is worse, so it was great to read your experience.

Also, are you still avoiding PUFAs? I was also eating a lot of KFC and have been eating more home-cooked foods recently and noticed a better overall feeling, but I can't tell if its entirely the diet as I have been trying my best to abstain as much as possible.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2024, 11:16:24 AM by SchizoPIOS »