Author Topic: Stellate Ganglion Block treatment  (Read 2836 times)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Stellate Ganglion Block treatment
« on: January 17, 2022, 11:22:50 AM »
Discussion thread about this treatment in particular. Sympathetic activity may, in some patients, contribute to the pathogenesis of POIS.

https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2021/12/28/stellate-ganglion-long-covid-fibromyalgia/

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: Stellate Ganglion Block treatment
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 11:29:16 AM »
Reserved

Hopeoneday

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 01:52:45 PM »
Reserved by Hod(robin).
Dr-pois.

FernandoPOIS

• 40 year old. POIS Since I was 28. Dopamine heals.
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2022, 07:20:18 AM »
I have been speaking to this group for years about the influences of weakness in the thoracic and cervical region related to POIS.
My POIS only happens with masturbation. Normal sex does not generate POIS symptoms. My POIS is related to me mood and the health of my cervical spine. Dopamine/Inflammation/Body constitution (genetics) are factors that contribute to POIS.

Cloud

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2023, 02:45:06 PM »
I had 2 SGB injections done over the last month.

I theorized that my POIS could be a nervous system dysfunction caused by childhood trauma and stress. I lived in fight or flight for many years so it seemed/seems like a plausible cause for my POIS and food reactions.

Unfortunately, the treatment did not alleviate my POIS at all.

I follow a paleo diet, take daily quercetin, Fexofenadine, and many other supplements including niacin. I have tried resetting my gut biome many times but my POIS persisted. My lifestyle and abstinence has improved my health dramatically over the last 5 years but I am still looking for a cure.

I was hoping the SGB treatments would calm down my nervous system, and in turn also my immune system, resolving allergies and autoimmunity. Since I get POIS symptoms from food, it seems that it is an immunological issue for me, but of course many processes in the body affect that, including the nervous system, hormones etc.

I had a right Stellate ganglion block, and 2 weeks later, a left one. I am considering doing another one on the right side as I have not ruled out the possibility that calming my nervous system could, over time, lessen the severity of my immune reactions.

It has been 2 weeks since my second shot, and I had a POIS episode the week after. I abstain from O?s as much as possible, sometimes for months at a time. I only did this as a test, and I still have POIS.

I?m just posting in case someone else is thinking about trying this treatment. It is quite disheartening that it did not work. If I have more SGB shots, I will let you know if they help at all.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2023, 04:24:08 PM »
Thanks for your feedback Cloud, very helpful. I share these food problems as well. Fortunately the side effects of SGB are relatively minimal from what I’ve read. You may create your own case summary since it’s easier to track your progress this way and gives an overview of your history (if you include one): https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 04:26:11 PM by Muon »

Mushnikk

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2023, 04:07:11 PM »
I can also report on this. I received six stellate blocks in total, three on each side alternating between sides with each treatment a week apart. I cant say that it made much of a difference to my symptoms unfortunately. I will focus on my gut (motility) now.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2024, 04:20:59 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/1csv0nu/comment/l47tcdq/
Unrelated to this condition as I don't have it, but a stellate ganglion block (dual right side) helped me reset my nervous system after the chronic stress and major life changes / losses in the last 5 years

Not clear to me if he suffers from POIS, need to return to this comment.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 04:27:17 AM by Muon »