Author Topic: Finally made it _here_, this has to be it.  (Read 4561 times)

Foggled

Re: Finally made it _here_, this has to be it.
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2023, 08:24:08 PM »
Well, I had no more brain fog today (after 8 days since sex) and only very minimal muscles aches between my shoulder blades in the morning which was gone after applying some anti inflammatory gel. Managed to work for 16 hours (I'm in IT and work 100% from home), it felt great. Haven't masturbated anymore, actually kinda scared to even try now. I've got a very busy month at work, of which 2 weeks have passed already and I'm fairly behind on it due to my issues. Big deadline in 2 weeks and I really can't afford to get messed up again but I highly doubt I'll able to hold of on masturbation for those 2 weeks but I need at least a couple more clear days, so I can confidently attribute it to masturbation when it arises again.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 08:40:49 PM by Foggled »

Foggled

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2023, 01:34:27 PM »
Masturbated twice yesterday, after 4 days. Stayed up a few more hours after it. Not having any issues today.

Foggled

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2023, 03:32:01 AM »
Masturbated again yesterday, no issues. Still early to draw rock-solid conclusions but it does appear for now masturbating doesn't trigger my issues but might prolong them if I'm already having them. My GF is still away for almost 2 weeks so if my issues don't come up again in this period it will be a pretty good reference point.

Foggled

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2023, 08:26:41 AM »
Masturbated a lot the past 2 days because of work-related stress mainly. Not having any brainfog but I'm having very little energy and a hard time getting anything done. My girlfriend has been gone for a week and a half now and that's also weighing quite heavily, knowing it will be another week and a half before she's back.

Foggled

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2023, 02:46:32 AM »
Masturbated twice yesterday and already once today, it's still morning. No brainfog but still very low energy level and my right shoulder has been aching these 2 days. Going to pauze masturbation again for at least 3 days.

Foggled

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2023, 06:56:38 AM »
I masturbated yesterday morning as I said and feel like the release was a lot less strong then usual. I felt bad yesterday and it's not better today. No brainfog but my head isn't clear either and I have absolutely no energy. It's getting warmer which might also play a role. I would normally masturbate more when I feel this bad, to get some endorphine release but that only makes me feel better for a few minutes so I'll hold off trying to find more connections.

Foggled

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2023, 08:44:42 AM »
I'm such an idiot, my words weren't even cold and I masturbated. I'm completely knocked out now. I also realised I didn't take my vitamine supplements yesterday and didn't eat eggs in days. Correcting that right now.

Foggled

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2023, 12:48:18 AM »
Masturbated once yesterday morning, was already feeling like xxx so just went with it. I felt bad all day. I did start the day with a semi-warm glass of water with some olive oil + lemon juice (something my Osteo recommended for detoxing the liver) and I took some Ibuprofen and paracetamol before going to bed and there's a very noticeable improvement today. I also took my vitamine supplements again. Not sure which of these things helped, if any but I'll continue with the water and olive oil + lemon juice for a few more days and taking the Ibuprofen and paracetamol (in the morning now), the vitamine supps and NO masturbation today.

It's been 2 weeks since my GF went on holiday and I've still had issues so I can rule out my hypothesis that I'm only having issues from sex and not masturbation, although the issues seems to have been a bit milder these 2 weeks. Milder is relative though since they are still bad enough to wipe me out.

Update: I need to add it's been 4 days since I took modafinil which has been years that last happened. Delivery was delayed. I feel like I really need it to get past the minimum threshold to get any work done but it's interesting to track.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 09:24:40 AM by demografx »

Foggled

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2023, 02:39:20 PM »
Well, I felt incredibly good today and ... I did masturbate twice. I'm so weak in that ::) but I'm not having any noticeable issues from that after 8 hours.

More vitamine supplements will arrive tomorrow, vitamines B and C, I'll start taking those also and continue with all the other stuff I'm taking, vitamine D, Magnesium, eggs, ...

Foggled

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2023, 12:48:33 AM »
I don't get it, just woke up tired after 8 hours of sleep, slightly foggy and with muscle aches between my shoulder blades after going to bed all fine.

It would also confirm (again) not using Modafinil for some time isn't related to my issues. Day 4 not using it was all good and now it's not on day 5. 

Update: The fogginess is pretty much gone after being up for half an hour but still feeling tired. I applied some anti-inflammation creme to my shoulders and that's getting slightly better now too but I'm not as well as I should be. All of this makes me doubt again if it's POIS-related. I honestly have no idea what to look for anymore AGAIN :(
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 01:45:30 AM by Foggled »

Foggled

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2023, 03:37:47 AM »
Got a new delivery of Modafinil yesterday and I have been working like crazy. It sucks having to rely on "nootropics" or "smart drugs" or whatever you want to call it but my (professional) life would literally crash and burn in less then a month without this stuff while having my issues.

Foggled

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2023, 08:07:12 AM »
Been a while since I updated, mainly because I've had over a month now to find any connection between my sex-life and my brain fog and I can't find any. I've had brain fog while refraining from sex/masturbation and I've had no issues after multiple days of multiple orgasms, so it seems POIS ... "this is not it" for me/

As it stands, I might have overlooked the (now) most obvious cause all along. I've always been a heavy soda user and switched to Coke Zero exclusively many years ago (not sure when exactly but definitely way before my issues started), like at least 5 cans a day an usually more like 10 cans a day (330 ML/can). I just ran into a bunch of research relating Aspartame and other artificial sweeteners or rather the effects (of reducing/stopping it) as a potential cause for brain fog. It might just be that my body/brain has become so used to the large amounts of Aspartame that dipping below the usual intake triggers my brain fog.

I had tested reducing my soda intake somewhere along the lines but if "not having enough" is actually causing the issues, I probably drew the wrong conclusion. Also, seeing the amounts I use, it could take 2-4 weeks to let my body/brain adjust to withdrawal and I surely didn't test it that long.

I'll be sure to update in a month, I'll be ditching all soda as of today. In the mean-time all the best to all of you in your search to finding a solution to your issues, whatever the cause(s) may be!