Author Topic: Looking for Volunteers for a Men's Magazine  (Read 13642 times)

Daveman

• Administrator
Looking for Volunteers for a Men's Magazine
« on: August 03, 2011, 03:41:15 PM »
Request for volunteers here for the men's magazine, and any questions that we may have about it.
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Looking for Volunteers for a Men's Magazine
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 03:59:39 PM »

I'm a journalist interested in doing a story on POIS for a major men's magazine. For it, I'm looking for a few men who would be willing to go on the record and talk about their experience with the disease. (You can remain anonymous, if you'd like.) If you're interested in being interviewed or have questions about the story, please email me at laura.leu@gmail.com

Thanks, Laura, for the wonderful opportunity and welcome to our forums!

Best wishes,

demo
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 04:25:37 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Ccconfucius

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 11:22:37 PM »
i guess we need more details as to the goals of the paper and what is to be asked of the volunteer.

Willem

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 12:26:08 PM »
I agree.  Laura Leu certainly looks legitimate as a writer, but understanding the context of the intended story, or at least the type of men's magazine would be helpful. 

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 02:04:35 PM »
Here's an example of an article in the particular target magazine that she gave me.
http://www.details.com/culture-trends/critical-eye/201005/mirapex-side-effects-parkinsons-restless-leg-syndrome
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 06:11:20 PM »
I agree.  Laura Leu certainly looks legitimate as a writer, but understanding the context of the intended story, or at least the type of men's magazine would be helpful.  

I think this could only help us.It seems a serious magazine and the article is going to be treated seriously. I have send an e-mail to Laura, because i think it is an incredible opportunity to spread the word about POIS and reach a lot of people that is suffering this life-altering condition in silence. You have helped me a lot(and you will continue to do in the future) , and now it´s time to give others the opportunity to know that they are not alone and that they could be helped too. We must spread this to every corner, because our story catch the attention of the people. If we are more, we will reach our goals sooner.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 06:13:11 PM by Observer »

Willem

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 11:46:19 PM »
I agree Observer.  Didn't mean to come off the wrong way.  I was just asking to gauge whether or not I personally would be interested.  Any publicity is good publicity for POIS as far as I'm concerned.  Thanks. 

Willem

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 05:38:57 PM »
I got some clarification from Laura via PM and it looks like a good opportunity.  I also volunteered. 

Willem

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 12:28:12 PM »
I hadn't seen the Young Turks video.  Thanks for the tip.  It's too bad we don't have a clear way to describe what happens, something like, "It's similar to venom entering your blood stream.  As the venom reaches nerves, muscles and other tissue, our bodies starts attacking it and putting other functions on hold until it's all cleaned out."  I'm not saying that's accurate, but you can tell on the young turk video that they're struggling to describe it. 

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 07:59:47 PM »
That's the way this thing is. Someone who doesn't understand it, especially a jock, can only sort of joke his way around his ignorance. You see that he's trying, but just doesn't know how to manage it.

Imagine, he's embarassed just talking about it.... Pffff.... woos!

Egordon

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2011, 05:02:20 PM »
I volunteered to participate as well. I hope she sheds a little light on POIS and causes a few more doctors to take us seriously.
POIS since I was about 15. 1.75 years of desens and I'm now about 80% POIS free. Still working through best practices for maintaining my immunity and administering my injections with my doctor. Email me if you have tips or questions!

Willem

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 12:11:22 AM »
That's the way this thing is. Someone who doesn't understand it, especially a jock, can only sort of joke his way around his ignorance. You see that he's trying, but just doesn't know how to manage it.

Imagine, he's embarassed just talking about it.... Pffff.... woos!

Totally!  Like it's so 'icky' getting injected with your own semen.  Really?  Sign me up!

Egordon

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2011, 01:38:37 PM »
Has anyone heard back from her? She asked me for some information about a month ago but hasn't responded since. The article would be a great way of bringing attention to the disorder -- which is important because I bet it's rarely, if ever, diagnosed. (I'm sure that many of us struggled with it for years with absolutely no clue of what was causing us all this torment. I, for one, feel like I lost the first half of my twenties to the disorder....)

Anyway, if she still needs volunteers, i'd be happy to participate!
POIS since I was about 15. 1.75 years of desens and I'm now about 80% POIS free. Still working through best practices for maintaining my immunity and administering my injections with my doctor. Email me if you have tips or questions!

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2011, 04:17:37 PM »
Has anyone heard back from her? She asked me for some information about a month ago but hasn't responded since. The article would be a great way of bringing attention to the disorder -- which is important because I bet it's rarely, if ever, diagnosed. (I'm sure that many of us struggled with it for years with absolutely no clue of what was causing us all this torment. I, for one, feel like I lost the first half of my twenties to the disorder....)

Anyway, if she still needs volunteers, i'd be happy to participate!

I just send her yesterday an e-mail telling the extraordinary results that most of us are getting with the niacin and asking her to comment this results to the doctors she was going to interview. I am waiting for his reply, but she told me that they were at the very first stage of this article so it maybe possible she would need more time.

pois1

• Lab1
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2015, 02:20:26 PM »
Maybe we should contact the magazine.  Someone else might be willing to do a story on this.