Author Topic: POIS when I'm hungry  (Read 1078 times)

Ricardo Brasil

• My case report
POIS when I'm hungry
« on: August 04, 2020, 11:47:09 PM »
Guys, I feel symptoms because when I'm hungry and I wanted to know if anyone feels the same. Brain fog, weakness, headache and I feel depressed, I can't do anything when I'm hungry, I can't interact with people and I can't even think straight. Obviously, the body does not function normally when we are hungry, however, I feel that in me it is much more intense than normal. Sometimes I wake up hungry, but I prefer to lie down than get up to eat something, I lie full of sad and bad thoughts, however, I already know that I am only in that state because I am hungry and when I fill my stomach with anything , I return to normal.
(when I talk about hunger, I mean spending 3 ... 4 hours without eating anything, for example)

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
Re: POIS when I'm hungry
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 01:19:03 AM »
Thinking gets harder too, not in POISlike way tho. Some aspect of cognition is bit boosted if fasted but some worsens.

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 04:49:31 AM »
Blood sugar swings?

You can buy a blood sugar meter, they're not expensive.
(They make money from the test stripes, not from the hardware)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 07:10:34 AM »
https://www.mastzellaktivierung.info/en/therapy_triggers.html

"Hunger due to omitted or delayed meals can also increase the symptoms. However, it is unclear whether a state of hunger activates the mast cells or whether only a temporary undersupply of vitamins, minerals or energy leads to a reduced degradation of the mediators."
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 07:29:27 AM by Muon »

ramore

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 01:35:25 PM »
I agree with @berlin1984. Not a while ago I was taking Risperidone (can't tolerate, nose is running completely shut, pretty much the same effect as in pois, but worse, second no-no is it was sucking all the energy from me worth than in pois), but it actually was kind of ok to cure my panic/anxiety. And in some days on that pills i was not eating at all for a few days. And after the effect of pills disappeared i was having anxiety on steroids. My conclusion was that heavy anxiety at that moment was caused by ?sugar drop? it went gone in a few days after i start eating normal... what i am trying to say is that blood sugar drop anxiety effect was confusingly similar in some aspects with my regular pois.