Author Topic: Theoretical discussion of POIS  (Read 45126 times)

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
Re: Theoretical discussion of POIS
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2011, 08:08:20 PM »
I had a big response, but I deleted it to save room. Just remember that "psychosomatic" means that there is no physiological cause- not even anything wrong with the brain, neurotransmitters, or hormones. I believe all three of those things are affected by POIS. Just to be clear, Cornelius, you still believe that all or most of your POIS symptoms originate from something physically wrong with your body, correct?
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2011, 06:49:06 AM »
Cornelius,

It´s certainly a vicious circle! BUT, we´ve spent too much time disproving the psycho-somatic theory.

POIS is very stressful, and so it has to have it's psychological consequences. But we have to consider the cause first.

I give Habibous case as an example:

He went to one of the top in POIS, Dr. Goldmeier in England. He showed positive for semen alergy AND was diagnosed as havein Chronic fatigue Syndrome as a result of POIS. This example is valid, becasue ut shows that if you try to treat the CFS without solving the POIS, you'll never cure it. POIS causes an imbalance AND depletion of crucial elements in our system, again refer to the B6 deficiency thread http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=197.0

We've said before, that it MAY be useful to look at cures for depression (as a side treatment): 1) one could have a natural tendancy toward depression ON TOP of POIS, 2) the stress of POIS can lead to depression as a by-product. But if you don't resolve the POIS problem, the depression will ust keep coming back and comeing back and coming back.......

Calling it psychosomatic is just sweeping it under the carpet, and you'll be back here again in three weeks saying, "I tried the psychi-somatic approach, and I'm worse than ever".

It's better to agree, "Yes, POIS makes my depressions worse, and should look at alleviating them until there's a more definitive solution", or "Yes, my POIS makes me ache all over and drives me into a hole", but I can look at allleviating these symptoms meantime.

And the cure is close, and Niacin too seems to provide a good deal of relief while we are waiting for the definitive cure. And more than relief, nicain seems to be pointing right at a more in depth explanation for why we feel like we feel in POIS.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Animus

« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2011, 12:46:05 AM »
Hi Cornelius,
It's great to hear your news- and that you've got an accurate diagnosis. Thanks for your thorough reporting! Aspergers and ADD.
Good luck with your continued therapy.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2011, 05:16:44 PM »
This is ALL, all the more reason we need real research NOW.

We are in a hole, where so many things get swung around in a viscious vortex. So many intertwining symptoms. POIS is an imbalance such that it reaches into several systems, and yet other systems too have their imbalances which either produce symptoms like POIS or accentuate the imbalance either producing or tipping the balance of POIS into it's area of havoc.

It creates havoc for US who want to get to the bottom of it. We all have our theories, and no one theory has been proven enough to make enough sense to any of us.

NO ONE, not even Dr. Waldinger can say in a technically convincing manner what POIS is.

And we need this more than anything, so we can unite and feel like we have something real to work with.

We have found niacin, some have found testosterone, some from ADD treatments. others with fenugreek and even others with desensitization, and each of those believe they have the answer. But probably the naswer is, in some part, in all of those AND ONLY RESEARCH will find it.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!