Author Topic: Summary of Treatments  (Read 16296 times)

Ccconfucius

Summary of Treatments
« on: April 26, 2011, 07:06:43 PM »
This where all the treatments tried will be listed so when forum gets much bigger new people can zone in to what helps.
Each successful treatment  will have a  short paragraph about it and also how many people and the names of the people that it was sucessfull with.
There will also be a list of treatments that werent successful so people can see what not to try. This list will also contain short paragraph and who tried it.
I will like this Topic to be permanently in one of the Top three so it will be easy to find.

These section is not for discussions it is just for adding treatments.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 07:10:39 PM by Ccconfucius »

Ccconfucius

Re: Summary of Treatments
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 07:19:34 PM »
                                                                                         LIST OF HELPFUL TREATMENTS

Hyposensitization Therapy with Autologous Semen
This method has the most scientific backing out of the remaining methods listed below. Attempted by Dr. Marcel Waldinger, gradually increasing amounts of autologous semen were subcutaneously injected at regular intervals into two patients. After three years of treatment, the patients showed significant improvement in symptoms. For full details, see Hyposensitization Therapy with Autologous Semen in Two Dutch Caucasian Males: Beneficial Effects in Postorgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS; Part 2).

Members using this method:
Vandemolen

Antihistamine
Antihistamines  are the commonly used weapon against allergies. They stop allergies by blocking histamine receptors in the body.  Many users have tried them with solid results.
This link summarizes their experiences: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1060.msg9574#msg9574

Olive Leaf
Olive leaf is the leaf of the olive tree (Olea europaea). While olive oil is well known for its flavor and health benefits, the leaf has been used medicinally in various times and places. Natural olive leaf and olive leaf extracts (OLE), are now marketed as an anti-aging, immunostimulator and an antibiotic. Clinical evidence has proven the blood pressure lowering effects of carefully extracted olive leaf extracts. It is also known to fight retro viruses.  Bioassays support its antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory effects at a laboratory level. A liquid extract made directly from fresh olive leaves recently gained international attention when it was shown to have an antioxidant capacity almost double green tea extract and 400% higher than vitamin C.

Members:
Matsoda(at Naked science Forum)  " my symptoms have all gone. The relief has been consistant and 100% repeatable."

Dosage: 50 mls of extract every day! no matter what, drank slowly(Mixex into a bottle of water and drank over the course of the day).  Extra 30 mls after an orgasm.  

Wobenzym N
Wobenzyme is a blend of pancreatic enzyme and plant enzyme. The enzymes are suppose to support the immune system and reduce inflammation. Supposedly Arthiritis patients have seen some helpful results using this supplement.

Members:
Limejuice, Puscar(at NSF)    "Reduced cognition and fatigue are my POIS symptomps and it has shown to help immensely. I think it's worth a try. Im sure everybody will notice some difference from taking this.  Doesn't eliminate pois 100 percent, maybe 90 percent. But provides a huge relief and rapid recovery from POIS. You have to take it directly after an O though, before the effects of POIS kick in.  Higher dose provides higher benefits without side effects."

Dosage:  2x recommended dosage on package, on an empty stomach before Orgasm or before POIS symptoms kick in.

Anti Inflammatory Diet

Some foods are known to reduce inflammation and others exaceberate inflammation. The key to this diet is to use known fact to reduce the general inflammation in the body. The key ways to avoid inflammation is to eat more omega 3 fats, avoid saturated fats, and avoid high glycemic foods and reduce carbohydrate in general.  Increasing foods such as salmon and other foods rich in omega 3 fats helps reduce inflammation.  You want to avoid highly saturated foods such as fast food and deep fried foods because they increase inflammation. High glycemic foods and tomuch carbs increase insulin in body which inturn increase inflammatory cytokines. This diet will become a daily routine. On days of orgasm you want to avoid carbohydrates, saturaed fats and eat an high amount foods rich in omega 3. The result should be reduce symptoms and reduce recovery days.

Members;
Bjim,

LINKS:
Bjim's NSF treatment summary, http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=6576.msg201517#msg201517
Google website treatment summary,  
http://sites.google.com/site/poiswebsite/test-page/successful-methods
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 11:12:47 PM by CertainlyPOIS »

Nas

Re: Summary of Treatments
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 02:05:43 PM »
I think after all these years of trial and error I think dexamethasone is the only thing that works for me. I take oral tablets after ejaculation and it reduces the time it takes to recover. It does not stop POIS whatsoever though. It might take a full week to achieve clear mindedness but with dexamethasone, 2 days is enough. It does not stop some symptoms like Apathy and social awkwardness. It does not stop psychological symptoms like OCD and depression. It purely helps cognitively.
I'm really worried though that if I keep taking it, it will be bad long term. But for now it is the only thing that works and I'm going to keep on using it.