Author Topic: Success with Olive Leaf Extract  (Read 67456 times)

Going less Crazy

Re: Success with Olive Leaf Extract
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2013, 08:54:42 PM »
Yes, that's what I was thinking... the vitamin C.  I used to take too much and it made me feel good at first but than I would almost start to get angry, that's why I reduced my dosage to something "real" and smaller in comparison.

& good luck b_jim

**Edit**

Remember it is crucial to wait at least 30 minutes prior to orgasm and until you feel the herb throughout your body (for me, a slight "tired" feeling) or else it probably won't work/ you won't experience as much relief.  For me, olive leaf stops the POIS reaction from happening, but if you "O" too early or take it during POIS it probably will not help as much.  Again, It is definitely crucial to wait 30 mins. and make sure you feel it in your body before "O'ing".

**UPDATE**

And I still haven't found out the exact "window" in which you can have an "O".  Meaning I don't know how long after you ingest the OLE you can "O" without having symptoms.  I'd say right now at least 2 hours after the OLE takes into affect..
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 09:32:23 PM by Going less Crazy »
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

b_jim

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2013, 03:29:58 PM »
I found these numbers :
100g of Extra-Virgin olive oil = 3mg of oleuropein
5% standardised olive leaf extract = 14mg per pill
so for 30% (like GoinglessCrazy pills) it means about 80mg of oleuropein per pill.

The conclusion is olive oil is ourperformed by supplement if oleuropein is the cause of the improvement for Pois. So supplement in this case is usefull.
Scientific study shows olive leaf boost testosterone and reduce corticosterone in high protein diet (rats).
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2014, 05:19:21 AM »
Just an update on my use of OLE.  I remembered how Matsoda said he consumed the liquid extract throughout the day and felt consistent relief.  I now formed my own concoction of liquid extract by just taking the herb out of the pill and mixing it with a bottle of water.  This way I can consume how much I need to take throughout the day and it has provided a lot of relief on "out of pois" days where you may feel a little "POIS-E".  Instead of taking a pill a day I now spread it out with what seems to be probably 1/4 of a pill a day (I drink about 1/4 of a water bottle over the course of the day or whenever I feel I need relief).  I obviously stated this before but I take the spring valley 150 mg olive leaf extract.  The new concoction tastes pretty good kind of like a good tea.

I also combine forces with niacin whenever I have an O.  I take the niacin, wait for flush to begin passing, take 450 mg OLE, wait 20-30 minutes and than orgasm.  It seems like there isn't a limit yet on how many O's I can have but not sure what the time frame is between the niacin/OLE and POIS.
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Prancer

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2014, 03:02:46 AM »
The new concoction tastes pretty good kind of like a good tea.

If it tastes like a good tea, I'm in! Tea is by far my favorite beverage, not only because it tastes good, but it often helps relieve my POIS symptoms. Whether it's hot tea or cold tea, rosemary or fenugreek tea, sweet tea or unsweetened tea, I can't get enough of the stuff. The current cold tea I'm trying is called sweet leaf tea. I like it because it's actually not too sweet and it helps my energy levels and POIS symptoms (I suspect it's because it's a black tea and contains caffeine).

Anyway, tea is my friend when it comes to POIS (and even just for a nice drink). So yeah, sorry for the tea rant, but I love it!

Prancer, out!

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2014, 11:20:07 AM »
The new concoction tastes pretty good kind of like a good tea.

If it tastes like a good tea, I'm in! Tea is by far my favorite beverage, not only because it tastes good, but it often helps relieve my POIS symptoms. Whether it's hot tea or cold tea, rosemary or fenugreek tea, sweet tea or unsweetened tea, I can't get enough of the stuff. The current cold tea I'm trying is called sweet leaf tea. I like it because it's actually not too sweet and it helps my energy levels and POIS symptoms (I suspect it's because it's a black tea and contains caffeine).

Anyway, tea is my friend when it comes to POIS (and even just for a nice drink). So yeah, sorry for the tea rant, but I love it!

Prancer, out!

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 01:27:20 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Disaster

« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2014, 04:44:55 AM »
I use olive leaf when I am getting a flu or cold helps right away but never with POIS
POIS sufferer for over 3 decades. Has progressively gotten worse over the years and I became completely disabled around 2011. My case of POIS is very severe.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2014, 01:25:41 AM »
It could just not work for you, for me it has been somewhat of a lifesaver.  I perfected down to 900 mg 30 mins prior to "O" and than 300 after "O" and can just about avoid 90% or greater of POIS.

Disaster

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2014, 04:21:16 AM »
I have never taken that much only 300-600mg at a time and only more if I was sick. Olive leaf though lowers Blood Pressure and so does fresh olives. When we are hard the. Our blood pressure can go up 20-40 points and when we O then it drops real quick. I often think that is actually part of the cause for POiS. Maybe something in our veins or whatever cant handle that pressure change. So maybe lowering your BP before hand prevents a large rise and then drop. Maybe I will have to try it sometime..
POIS sufferer for over 3 decades. Has progressively gotten worse over the years and I became completely disabled around 2011. My case of POIS is very severe.

b_jim

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2014, 10:44:34 AM »
I didn't found supplement with olive leaf today. But I will test with olives.
Maybe the ingredient helping is not oleuropein but hydroxytyrosol which is a metabolite of dopamine, a good antioxydant and it goes through the brain-blood barrier easily.

Hydroxytyrosol is at the end of the chain so nothing proves it might help with a possible dopamine deficiency after ejaculation.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 07:09:16 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Disaster

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2014, 02:01:09 AM »
The more bitter the olives the more oleuropein, but the problem is most olive producers do not cure olives naturally and they kill the oleuopein in them and then replace the bitterness with lactic acid or vinegar.. Dry cured have the most but they are super salty.

b_jim

« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2014, 02:36:43 PM »
It seems hydoxytyrosol can't help dopamine levels itself because it's a metabolite and not a precursor.
But it seems hydroxytyrosol powerfull anti-oxidant proprieties can avoid dopamine oxidation.

Edit :
I made 2 tests with olives (200g) after ejaculation. This is an important amount of hydroxytyrosol and oleuropein compared to a caps of olive leaf.
I have eaten olives between the 2 ejaculations days too. (total 300-400g)
It doesn't help my Pois.
I don't think I will test olive leaf supplement.

I had 4 ejaculations in 3 days for the test. Yesterday ma cognition was very low and today I have ZERO energy. I just made 5km with bike and I feel very tired.
The number of ejaculations influence my Pois.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:31:51 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Going less Crazy

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2014, 05:58:43 PM »
There are many things in olive leaf extract that could be possibly causing my relief. Oleuropein, oleocanthal, polyphenols... I just am not sure. But B Jim before you give up make sure you try the real thing (olive leaf extract). I have no idea what else could be different about this as compared to olives. Something tells me the OLE is a lot more concentrated in a certain ingredient which helps. All you have to do is buy it at wal-mart and it is not that expensive but it is worth a try from my perspective.

Again, I am one of those people who found some sort of a relief from antihistamines if taken 30 minutes BEFORE orgasm, make sure you feel it in you, I weigh 150 lbs and 900 mg is needed. Also my reaction is 100% cognitive other than slight skin redness/swetting indicating an allergic reaction. OLE has helped me the most and I can avoid the tortuous reaction after "O" if taken 30 minutes BEFORE orgasm. I believe it is best to take this say "once a week" and not everyday since your body may build up some immunity against it and hence you will feel the POIS reaction, but for this I am not sure. I know Matsoda had success drinking OLE in a water bottle every day.

Currently I have about 3 "O's" on the weekend in one session and can avoid the worst of POIS. Sometimes the brain fog comes a few days after, but it is very slight and usually occurs if I mess up by "O'ing" more or by drinking beer or food that causes bad reactions. This reaction is a lot better than the traditional POIS route.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 06:07:14 PM by Going less Crazy »

b_jim

« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2014, 02:11:13 AM »
The very good point for me, GOing Less Crazy, is you are testing this product since 2012 and you are continuing to have good improvement with it. This is very good.
Too much of Pois sufferers come on our forums with "a magic remedy" and give up after 2 or 3 months. Placebo, placebo,placebo. The placebo effect doesn't help our work.

I'm reading commentaries of Olive Leaf extract from Spring Valley. There are a lot of liars on the internet but some guys are honnest. Some guys report improvement with "chronic sinus infection". It seems to prove the product is ACTIVE.

Dose :
This extract is 20% standardized for the powerful phytonutrient, Oleuropein.
150/5 = 30mg oleuropein
90mg for 3 caps
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 02:21:42 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Prancer

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2014, 01:57:54 AM »
The very good point for me, GOing Less Crazy, is you are testing this product since 2012 and you are continuing to have good improvement with it. This is very good.
Too much of Pois sufferers come on our forums with "a magic remedy" and give up after 2 or 3 months. Placebo, placebo,placebo. The placebo effect doesn't help our work.

I'm reading commentaries of Olive Leaf extract from Spring Valley. There are a lot of liars on the internet but some guys are honnest. Some guys report improvement with "chronic sinus infection". It seems to prove the product is ACTIVE.

Dose :
This extract is 20% standardized for the powerful phytonutrient, Oleuropein.
150/5 = 30mg oleuropein
90mg for 3 caps

Yes, that's one of the good things about G; he knows exactly what helps him (even if it's very temporary relief), and if it's working for a long time, then he shares it with everyone else so they can have the chance to be helped by it too. Of course, what helps him won't necessarily help everyone, but it's great that he tells us so we can try it out. Thanks! :]

b_jim

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2014, 04:10:13 AM »
I'm testing a new supplement with olive leaf + garlic.
This supplement is recommanded for arteries and veins.
It's not my case but clearly, a part of pois sufferers have improvements with meds or supplements with vasodilation effect or bloodstream helper like oliver, garlic, B3, curcuma....

Taurine = Anti-Pois

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2014, 04:40:02 PM »
It seems hydoxytyrosol can't help dopamine levels itself because it's a metabolite and not a precursor.
But it seems hydroxytyrosol powerfull anti-oxidant proprieties can avoid dopamine oxidation.

Edit :
I made 2 tests with olives (200g) after ejaculation. This is an important amount of hydroxytyrosol and oleuropein compared to a caps of olive leaf.
I have eaten olives between the 2 ejaculations days too. (total 300-400g)
It doesn't help my Pois.
I don't think I will test olive leaf supplement.

I had 4 ejaculations in 3 days for the test. Yesterday ma cognition was very low and today I have ZERO energy. I just made 5km with bike and I feel very tired.
The number of ejaculations influence my Pois.

You won't believe this, but "you're lucky". If I had 4 ejacs in 3 days I think I'd be dead, or at least wish I were!

:)
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

b_jim

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2014, 02:10:25 AM »
Yes, I'am :) I always tought that I am an average case of Pois. Some men have much stronger symptoms than me. Now, I'm concentred on one point : I want to understand why fish improve my symptoms. After garlic/olive leaf  I will try taurine.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

b_jim

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2014, 01:59:47 PM »
1st test with curcuma (5-6 g ~ 300-350mg curcumin + pepper ) : failure, I have flu-like symptoms 30 min after meal, in Pois.
Next try, 8-10g last week.
At least, I have learn something : chocolate at the end of the meal is EXCELLENT to trigger my flu-like symptoms. When insulin takes off, nothing can stop my flu-like symptoms.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 02:37:47 PM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

fidalgo

« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2014, 10:26:24 AM »
Bandryl is the brand name???

FloppyBanana

« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2014, 08:45:34 AM »
Sorry Udomhorn, I am losing track of these treads. Could you please summarise what GLC is? Thanks FloppyB
30 years of POIS. Mytelase after O with Iceman breathing technique.