Author Topic: What can I do to feel better after an NE?  (Read 3951 times)

caveeater

What can I do to feel better after an NE?
« on: July 28, 2012, 10:09:57 AM »
I hadn't masturbated or "O"'d for weeks, and was feeling great recently. I'd also started a GAPS/paleo diet which seemed to have helped me mentally, and had reduced my sex drive somewhat.

However, last night I had an NE, totally unexpected. Is there anything I can do to feel better now? Presumably Niacin is useless after an NE? I also have some Saw Palmetto in the cupboard but have read it's best to take that before an O.
I've tried Fenugreek and garlic before and neither worked for me.

I'm also trying to eat low carb paleo again because the last few days I had a sugar binge. I think it was that which caused me to have the NE last night, because in low carb my sleep never gets that deep to the point I can't "stop" an NE.

Apologies if this post is a bit disorganized.

0002ppdnuos

Re: What can I do to feel better after an NE?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 12:06:41 PM »
You may want to try the regimen suggested by Kurtosis.
Read details from the following link:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=468.0
It started ever since my first orgasm. It lasts exactly for 7 days. Symptoms mainly in the brain: extreme mental  fatigue, difficulty concentrating, inability to comprehend/retain what is read,shortened attention span, loss of speech fluency, cloudy mindedness, mild headache, and anxiousness

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

caveeater

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 05:58:20 AM »
Thanks guys, I'll look into those right away.

I tried some Niacinamide this morning, and so far I think I feel somewhat better, a bit more energetic and focused maybe.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 07:06:28 AM »
We have worked very little with niacinamide, but there have been positive results. It too must be taken before Orgasm to prevent POIS symptoms, but there is no flush.

Since we haven't worked with it much I'm not too sure of the doses totake, but I know that it is in the 1000mg range.

If you decide to work with niacinamide, let us know how it works out, and maybe we can tweak the "recipe".

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!