Poll

if you are in POIS, can you get rid of it by having another O?

yes
2 (11.1%)
no
13 (72.2%)
somewhat
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: getting rid of pois symptoms --> b3 + O  (Read 6873 times)

nomore2013

getting rid of pois symptoms --> b3 + O
« on: November 08, 2012, 05:12:52 PM »
when you already have POIS, can you get rid of it by taking b3-niacin, getting a flush,  and then having an orgasm?

if so, is it successful, or do you simply prolong it and it comes back in a few days. does it have no effect? does it make things worse? does it matter what time of the day you do it or level of energy you have?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 05:22:31 PM by nomore2013 »

simfooks6

Re: getting rid of pois symptoms --> b3 + O
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 06:09:34 PM »
hey can someone tell me who would be a good person/avenue to c in australia medically for help pls?
i find this site overwhelming and dont know where to start for solutions here?

poisioq

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 06:28:56 PM »
i've not tried yet. but taking niacin after O reduced my symtoms of about 80%

kurtosis

• Scientist, Engineer, INTJ type
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 06:21:19 AM »
If I'm correct, any product with pseudoephedrine should alleviate really bad POIS symptoms quickly but it's not a permanent treatment. The body produces more ephedrine (adrenaline) to help deal with high histamine levels which may "fatigue" the adrenal glands.

The anti-histamines with pseudo ephedrine (see list at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoephedrine ) should work much better than standard anti-histamines depending on how much pseudo ephedrine they contain.

I'm waiting to see if a histamine reducing enzyme will help with POIS. I had to order it online.

nomore2013

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 07:52:54 AM »
how will the Diamine Oxidase Enzyme get rid of histamine in the body. wont it just get rid of histamine from food in the stomach?

isnt the flush from niacin the release of histamine?

victor.kons

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 08:47:59 AM »
It does really help this way. Though the symptoms are cleared during a day. It is better to not fall into POIS by following strictly to the procedure of taking Niacin, IMO....

Victor
3 day POIS sessions, brain fog, heartbeat, digestion problems. Currently using XN for 95% relief from POIS symptoms.

kurtosis

• Scientist, Engineer, INTJ type
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 10:23:55 AM »
how will the Diamine Oxidase Enzyme get rid of histamine in the body. wont it just get rid of histamine from food in the stomach?

isnt the flush from niacin the release of histamine?

Not really. It seems to release PGD2 (a prostaglandin) which may inhibit or reduce further histamine release. Also, the cognitive problem seems to be caused by too much histamine in the brain. Sure we get stomach cramps etc. but it's the cognitive problems that are the worst.

If we have histamine intolerance then the histamine in the stomach doesn't get deactivated there and finds its way into the bloodstream via the intestines. DAO would reduce the histamine load of the body. An O would still be an O but in combination with methionine, there would be a faster deactivation of histamine following an O and reduced symptoms.

Andy451

• Connect & Fight :)
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 06:20:03 PM »
It complicates my symptoms deepening the brain fog as well. I find the second orgasm is not as bad w/ direct POIS symptoms, yet the cumulative effect of multiple orgasms exacerbates things tremendously. I have never experienced anything "good" in terms of symptoms from two orgasms. One thing that can happen from to many orgasms is an aura or numbness that just gets worse and can turn into a masochistic cyclical pattern. Eventually we all abstain for some period of time and all sensation rushes back like a burning tingling avalanche.

I would not recommend doubling up on on orgasms especially during any kind of treatment or until you know your 100%. I have never found a situation where its helpful, but everyone is different.   
37 yo M- POIS for 25yrs (since age 12). Chronic POIS- always there

Tried desensitization for 1.5yrs & was unsuccessful (POIS worse at 1/1000)

Exercising- (running/weights/situps) Low sugar diet. Supplements- limited success.Meds- Oxcarbazepine/Buspar (past-Depakote10yrs)

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 12:51:18 PM »
I said somewhat, because that is only the case if the second "o" + niacin is followed by a full night's sleep.
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513