Author Topic: PICAMILON = GABA bonded with Niacin (a Niacin alternative treatment)  (Read 23538 times)

Copperred

Dear All,
You will find my yesterday "Freak Out" moment on the Naked Scientist main board - to say the least I am relieved I am not the only person on earth with this issue - for a while I truly believed this was the case.

I find it rather stunning/serendipitous/confirming having been 10+ years in the woods alone - I too stumbled upon niacin-related treatment on my own - however I stumbled into niacin AS A RESULT OF GABA in the form of PICAMILON. GABA has always been at the center of my POIS treatment and niacin second - and when the two are bonded (as they are in Picamilon) you get a very special effect you will not get on either of them alone.

Deeper explanation:

My primary treatment for POIS has been to take GABA immediately after O - usually 1000 to 2000mg.  I have been doing this for years and it helps allot (100% recovery much faster than without), however, GABA alone will make you sleepy/drowsy immediately and I quickly go take a nap - which I believe the immediate REM sleep and related natural growth-hormone (GH) pulse that follows likely plays a supportive role in helping "reset" my system.  Due to a close friend in the neurological sciences, however, I learned about Picamilon and immediately switched over to it about 2 years ago upon finding the results much better without the immediate need for sleep caused by GABA alone.

Picamilon, as a substance, is focused on the GABA...not on the niacin. The niacin has been bonded to the GABA to act as a DELIVERY MECHANISM for the GABA....assisting the GABA cross the blood brain barrier faster and in a more concentrated form. Taking the two substances separately is NOT the same thing. Picamilon is about getting GABA to the brain - not about taking niacin.

Wikipedia entry on Picamilon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picamilon

Info on Picamilon:  http://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/drugs/picamilon

To purchase high-grade Picamilon: http://www.biologicsnutra.com/productdetails.asp?productid=460

Enhancing Orgasm with GABA:

Orgasm release is controlled by the body?s levels of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). GABA (synthesized from glutamine and inositol) is considered to be one of the most important inhibitory neurotransmitters in the central nervous system. GABA helps inhibit excitatory neurotransmitters that can cause anxiety if the system is overstimulated. This is important, since chronic anxiety can lead to loss of sexual interest and sexual dysfunction.

GABA is responsible for regulating sexual tone and plays an important role in brain hypothalamic/pituitary function.21 Therapeutic drugs that increase the available amount of GABA typically have relaxing, anti-anxiety, and mood-soothing effects.22 Conversely, when GABA becomes depleted, it is difficult to relax and let go of fear and negative feelings. Hence, orgasm becomes difficult. GABA-enhancing compounds could help increase dopamine levels, which may enhance sexual satisfaction.

-----

I hope this is of help to some of you.  I have never tried niacin alone - but may as a comparative test and report back.  On the whole I will continue to stick with Picamilon (and GABA alone when Picamilon is not available) as it has been working for me for years without fail.

Again really glad to know I am not alone!

Cheers! ::)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 12:11:32 PM by Copperred »

Daveman

• Administrator
Re: PICAMILON = GABA bonded with Niacin (a Niacin alternative treatment)
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 12:12:26 PM »
Dear All,
You will find my yesterday "Freak Out" moment on the Naked Scientist main board - to say the least I am relieved I am not the only person on earth with this issue - for a while I truly believed this was the case.

I find it rather stunning/serendipitous having been 10+ years in the woods alone - I too stumbled upon niacin-related treatment on my own - HOWEVER I stumbled into niacin AS A RESULT OF GABA in the form of PICAMILON. GABA has always been at the center of my POIS treatment and niacin second - and when the two are bonded (as they are in Picamilon) you get a very special effect you will not get on either of them alone.

Deeper explanation:

My primary treatment for POIS has been to take GABA immediately after O - usually 1000 to 2000mg.  I have been doing this for years and it helps allot (100% recovery much faster than without), however, GABA alone will make you sleepy/drowsy immediately and I quickly go take a nap - which I believe the immediate REM sleep and related natural growth-hormone (GH) pulse that follows likely plays a supportive role in helping "reset" my system.  Due to a close friend in the neurological sciences, however, I learned about Picamilon and immediately switched over to it about 2 years ago upon finding the results much better without the immediate need for sleep caused by GABA alone.

Picamilon, as a substance, is focused on the GABA...not on the niacin. The niacin has been bonded to the GABA to act as a DELIVERY MECHANISM for the GABA....assisting the GABA cross the blood brain barrier faster and in a more concentrated form. Taking the two substances separately is NOT the same thing. Picamilon is about getting GABA to the brain - not about taking niacin.

Wikipedia entry on Picamilon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picamilon

Info on Picamilon:  http://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/drugs/picamilon

To purchase high-grade Picamilon: http://www.biologicsnutra.com/productdetails.asp?productid=460

Enhancing Orgasm with GABA:

Orgasm release is controlled by the body?s levels of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). GABA (synthesized from glutamine and inositol) is considered to be one of the most important inhibitory neurotransmitters in the central nervous system. GABA helps inhibit excitatory neurotransmitters that can cause anxiety if the system is overstimulated. This is important, since chronic anxiety can lead to loss of sexual interest and sexual dysfunction.

GABA is responsible for regulating sexual tone and plays an important role in brain hypothalamic/pituitary function.21 Therapeutic drugs that increase the available amount of GABA typically have relaxing, anti-anxiety, and mood-soothing effects.22 Conversely, when GABA becomes depleted, it is difficult to relax and let go of fear and negative feelings. Hence, orgasm becomes difficult. GABA-enhancing compounds could help increase dopamine levels, which may enhance sexual satisfaction.

-----

I hope this is of help to some of you.  I have never tried niacin alone - but may as a comparative test and report back here.  On the whole I will continue to stick with Picamilon (and GABA alone when Picamilon is not available) as it has been working for me for years without fail.

Again really glad to know I am not alone!

Cheers! ::)

It's so impressive when you hear of someone who has stumbled on their own fairly successful treatment all by themselves, and it's heartening when there is overlap with what works for us as well.

This treatment is different however, although it does include niacin, but the "approach" is completely different. I think you should try niacin alone, just to feel it for what it is. It may give you even more insight into the combined treatment.

When do you take the Picamalon? As you probably know, niacin needs to be taken and metabolized before the orgasm. So as you say, the function in niacin when taken as bonded into the Picamalon, is not at all the same, particularly if you take the Picamalon after orgasm as you do the straight GABA.

I know we have had other discussions on GABA, but I don't really remember there being RAVE reviews.... but maybe others here have clearer memories of these discussions.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Ccconfucius

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 12:52:45 PM »
what led you to the gaba path.  What are all your symptoms and what is your picamilon dosage.

Copperred

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 02:50:22 PM »
what led you to the gaba path.  What are all your symptoms and what is your picamilon dosage.

In the beginning I assumed my brain/pituitary something...was misfiring/secreting too much or not enough of something and I was looking at serotonin/dopamine and others related to. Note, I have been involved in nootropics for years for enhanced learning, and have been taking 5-HTP for over 20 years to assist with sleep when I cannot so I had some history of understanding brain chemicals and their functions but still up to today on a very laymen term basis - to say I go by my instincts is not an understatement.  After allot of research I finally happened upon GABA and was extremely surprised to learn that upon O you release a large amount of GABA and further there is allot of GABA in semen. I theorized...well if this is what I'm losing tons of at O...maybe if I try to replenish it ASAP that can't be a bad thing...and in general that has been my case. So I stuck with GABA for years due to it successfully allowing me to function through the hell phase...until bumping into Picamilon (now two years ag)o that had the same soothing effects of GABA but without the immediate need to sleep. 

I typically take 100 to 200mg of Picamillon after O and will do that every 4 to 6 hours to keep everything calm until fully restored.  I have little doubt that REM SLEEP which allows for solid GH pulses also helps. I have further started taking Picamillon for general anxiety overall through the day when I am feeling stressed ...but normal stress.....not O POIS which is something entirely different.

My POIS symptoms are nothing less than wretched...I HATE THEM:

1. EXTREME hard to describe "hate/close mindedness"....anger...is the only way to describe it....complete cynical negative thought patterns....I would call it no less than SCORCH THE EARTH....I can literally feel it in my brain...I do not like it......some close friends have liked it to me having Male PMS - it is for this reason I never go out after either a solo O session or an unwanted dream experience however so great - note I am an extremely horny bugger all my life;

2. Tense muscle clenching of both the hands and calfs...almost like a tourette tic..where I have to clench very hard and then release, further INTENSE immediate grinding of the teeth and a feeling of teeth foundational unsettling (like ur teeth are aching at the roots) that does not stop for at least 2 to 3 days usually - when the teeth symptoms have fully passed I know I have chemically "reset" and am good to go - the GABA usually quickly soothes all of these physical issues...both muscle clenching and teeth/jaw aching;

3. Extremely dense feeling around the eyes and COON eyes that come on within minutes of O...this is the most recognized visible signs...I can look completely fine ...then O and 5 minutes later I will have the darkest coon eyes ever...every once and a while that is not the case....but it still feels like it does...I feel it in and around the eyes regardless.

I think these are the key main symptoms.  Number 1 makes me all but impossible to socialize with nor do I feel like socializing with anyone after a O. 

This treatment is different however, although it does include niacin, but the "approach" is completely different. I think you should try niacin alone, just to feel it for what it is. It may give you even more insight into the combined treatment.

Agreed - will do over the winter and report back. I have not experimented with Picamilon to the extent everyone here has with niacin ....it probably makes good sense that I start taking Picamilon before O too.....I'll start doing that and see what happens.  In general though now because of the POIS for years...I really try not to O at all...unless I'm having intercourse unprotected with a lovely lady - which as shared in my first post on Naked Scientist - does seem to have a positive effect on me with much reduced symptoms which I attribute to their chemistry doing something to me - though I cannot verify that with certainty.

When do you take the Picamalon? As you probably know, niacin needs to be taken and metabolized before the orgasm. So as you say, the function in niacin when taken as bonded into the Picamalon, is not at all the same, particularly if you take the Picamalon after orgasm as you do the straight GABA.

I have always taken Picamilon right after O with no rhyme or reason as to why....but I can see the rational now in taking it before O.  I will try this and see if it allows me to get through the O without any POIS effects later.  I keep theorizing it may just be my GABA levels are way to low...definitely something related to GABA - if I just had enough on storage all the time I would be ok - a 2 bit crack theory but some madness to it. 

It will be interesting to see...>I will do some pure niacin regimes as suggested and compare with my current Picamilon regime.  Note, however, I try my hardest not to O at all anymore unless having intercourse.  I truly feel miserable afterwards like my entire system just wants to shut down and die.....the Hindus say it's your Prana (life force) leaving you and you have a limited amount in 1 lifetime.......at this point I am apt to believe them and POIS has complete changed my sexual lifestyle as if what they say is true....I don't have unlimited supplies!

End note...I miss being 18....

kurtosis

• Scientist, Engineer, INTJ type
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 02:55:44 PM »
Good idea. Niacin and GABA bonded will cross the blood brain barrier. I'm not sure standard GABA does that well and I've never found it that successful as a supplement. I find L-taurine better and it's in the carnitine complex I take every night (or after an O).

Picamilon seems like a good idea. It's interesting because it seems that GABA may have an inhibitory effect on anaphylactic reactions (basically, too much histamine) so picamilon could deliver niacin and GABA direct to the brain.

I'd say if someone has had success with niacin and taurine in reducing their POIS symptoms then picamilon would be more effective as it would work faster. Cool :)

B_Daniel

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 01:48:27 AM »
i'm going to give picamilon a try.  Will let ya'll know how it works for me.  I'll note I did take a neurotranmitter test last month that indicated that i'm low in gaba.  so it's worth a shot, although it's also worth mentioning that I'm already taking a supplement called Kavinace which is supposed to support GABA and it hasn't helped yet.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 01:58:29 AM by B_Daniel »

B_Daniel

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 11:47:38 PM »
I've taken picamilon the last 3 nights.  I've been taking it before going to bed, 1, 50mg pill each night.  I absolutely get a feeling of increased calmness and decreased anxiety the next day.  it's a very nice, natural calmness.  it's not a perfect treatment though, because I don't feel especially social and I'm not thinking perfectly clearly, but some brain fog was definitely lifted which is nice.  i'll be able to give a better assessment after another few days of taking it. 

Nightingale

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 01:29:30 PM »
I've taken picamilon the last 3 nights.  I've been taking it before going to bed, 1, 50mg pill each night.  I absolutely get a feeling of increased calmness and decreased anxiety the next day.  it's a very nice, natural calmness.  it's not a perfect treatment though, because I don't feel especially social and I'm not thinking perfectly clearly, but some brain fog was definitely lifted which is nice.  i'll be able to give a better assessment after another few days of taking it. 

Very cool to hear,  I bought some picamilon myself.  I will be trying it soon after I let things settle after my bad experience with NADH
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

Ccconfucius

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 02:12:37 PM »
am using gaba that is bonded with b6 from now products i was being cheap. Use 1000mg to 2000mg when i go to sleep. I will try it for three weeks and i guess we can compare results.

B_Daniel

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 09:42:09 AM »
my pills come in 50mg sizes and i'm taking 1 in morning and 1 at night, which seems to be plenty.  The results are immediate, you shouldn't have to wait 3 weeks.  it's still working for me.

amijgoro

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 04:54:49 PM »
my pills come in 50mg sizes and i'm taking 1 in morning and 1 at night, which seems to be plenty.  The results are immediate, you shouldn't have to wait 3 weeks.  it's still working for me.

Would you say the results are positive or negative?

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 07:10:57 PM »

If $50 to $100 or more seems like too much money to give for now, how about committing $5, $10, $20 or more per MONTH?

Select as many months as you want! 2 months, 3 months, 4 months, 6 months, 12 months, whatever!  :)

Simply click above and scroll down till you see, "Make this a recurring donation"...

THANK YOU, EVERYONE - YOUR AUTOMATIC MONTHLY DONATIONS WILL HASTEN OUR "FINAL STRETCH!"

10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

B_Daniel

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 02:56:16 AM »

Would you say the results are positive or negative?

positive.

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2012, 06:32:53 AM »
I tried Picamilon and gamma-Aminobutyric acid for a while several years ago.

Picamilon didn't do much at all. The GABA produced a similar effect to the niacin flush, and did help me with social anxiety, but didn't do much for my POIS. Unfortunately.