Author Topic: Wish list and Discussion for Surveys.  (Read 3467 times)

Daveman

• Administrator
Wish list and Discussion for Surveys.
« on: February 01, 2012, 01:07:49 PM »
The surveys page is up and running. We have eight members so far, and need fro 32 to 82 more.

The first survey is a base survey and should be filled in prior to any others, as it contains the basic POIS Profile information. It will help us and doctors and researchers to understand how POIS works for each of the potential POIS Groups.

This thread is to discuss ongoing surveys and make suggestions for new ones. Any on-gong survey cannot be changed, but hopefully with this thread we can create our input to help assure that future surveys contain the information we need.

So hopefully we can count on your input here to a theme as important as this one.
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Hoping

Re: Wish list and Discussion for Surveys.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 05:04:06 PM »
It would be great to find a way to capture remedies people have tried and success they've had. It may be difficult to design such a survey though. Maybe you could list common remedies discussed in the forum (niacin, garlic, anti depressants, etc.), ask people if they've tried it (yes/no) and if "YES" provide a spectrum for how successful it was.

Another survey idea is compiling the results of all medical tests people have undergone. It would be great to get all those numbers in one place and be able to compare them. Again, might be tough to design such a survey, but I like the idea. Heck, you could probably even look through NSF to find results people have posted.
Experienced POIS since 2002.
My symptoms include: brain fog, depression, physical and mental fatigue, memory problems, social anxiety, concentration problems, myalgia, inflammation.

Daveman

• Administrator
Re: Wish list and Discussion for Surveys.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 06:01:05 PM »
Hoping,

We're going to tryu a little of everything. Fresh new surveys and surveys that we compile from data on NSF.

The latter is a very heavy job, more than I can manage alone, but with the surveys available, perhaps we can solicit some help from time to time.
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!