Author Topic: Visual problems?  (Read 9835 times)

Enix

Visual Blurred
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2021, 11:16:36 AM »
Hello,

I am a 40 year old french man, and like all of you, I have POIS since 15 years...

My brain fog can be cured with vitamin B6 and magnesium, after a few hours I recover all my mental faculties.

My main problem is my Visual Blurred and photosensitivity / pain  :-\

I have these symptoms for a week ...

Also, I have two  autoimmune diseases, Graves and Vitiligo

Do you have solutions for blurred vision?

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Visual Blurred
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2021, 07:41:35 PM »
Hello,

I am a 40 year old french man, and like all of you, I have POIS since 15 years...

My brain fog can be cured with vitamin B6 and magnesium, after a few hours I recover all my mental faculties.

I also have blurred vision, both
in-and-out-of-POIS. Seeing an ophthalmologist, who put me through some minor in-office tests, and said I need cataract surgery. Will do it.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Progecitor

Re: Visual Blurred
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2021, 09:08:36 AM »
Hello,

You may try MACA capsules [600 mg] or saffron tea [5-20 stigmas into warm water], although they work on all my other symptoms as well. I haven't tested them specifically for photosensitivety, but saffron clears up the blurriness in 1-2 hours, while MACA does so around 2 hours after its consumption. Also check if they are not contraindicated in your other problems.

Enix

Re: Visual problems?
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2021, 03:21:09 PM »
Hello,

You may try MACA capsules [600 mg] or saffron tea [5-20 stigmas into warm water], although they work on all my other symptoms as well. I haven't tested them specifically for photosensitivety, but saffron clears up the blurriness in 1-2 hours, while MACA does so around 2 hours after its consumption. Also check if they are not contraindicated in your other problems.

Yes, I tried saffron, it removes 90% of my brain fog, the only problem that remains is visual blur and photosensitivity.
The only thing that works for my eyes is cortisone (prednisone)
2.5mg before the orgasm and 2.5mg after.
Then 2.5mg a day for 2 days....
But I am afraid for the long term of the side effects  :-\

Natural anti-inflammatories do not work (Turmeric/Romarin/Ginger)

Progecitor

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2021, 02:35:57 PM »
Hello,

Yes, I tried saffron, it removes 90% of my brain fog, the only problem that remains is visual blur and photosensitivity.
The only thing that works for my eyes is cortisone (prednisone)
2.5mg before the orgasm and 2.5mg after.
Then 2.5mg a day for 2 days....
But I am afraid for the long term of the side effects  :-\

Natural anti-inflammatories do not work (Turmeric/Romarin/Ginger)

I am just glad that saffron also works for you. I have discovered most of the things that work for me only recently, so I haven't really tested them thoroughly, especially against some less prevalent symptoms like photophobia. It is one of my less bothersome symptom, which of course doesn't mean I haven't had some really serious cases as well. Photophobia usually only occurs in the mornings, but it tends to subside as the day goes on. Mind fog also has a similar trend, but it can occur even in the evenings.
What I realized is that some food may have a profound negative effect on photophobia. Pickled cabbage and apricot are far the worst. When I was in acute POIS and also ate them in the next morning there were times I practically couldn't open my eyes. I couldn't watch a laptop screen with the light dimmed to the lowest setting without pain in the eyes and tears uncontrollably flowing. Needless to say the eyes were quite bloodshot as well. I also detail other items on my food list.
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3798.0
Photophobia and blurred vision are also symptoms of Graves' ophthalmopathy so it is possibly not entirely a POIS problem, but rather an additive issue.
Don't you have any symptoms out of POIS?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graves%27_ophthalmopathy
By the way do you also sneeze a lot when you try to force your eyes open when you just can't?
Although I realize that closing the eyelids may be more difficult for you.

berlin1984

• Global Moderator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2021, 02:57:27 PM »
My photophobia used to be very bad (I needed sunglasses), but nowadays is not anymore, I hardly notice it.
Can it be that something in my supplementation that fixes it for me but not for others?
(Zinc? Quercetin? Vitamin C?)

Journey

• INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2021, 05:07:26 AM »
So there is a name for registering afterimages for too long - palinopsia, I always had it but did not know if it's normal and if there is a name for it