Author Topic: Body feels very warm and cold-flu like symptoms are horrible  (Read 4271 times)

bruxe

I am a new member following the POIS forums for last 4-5 months. I have all the symptoms that everyone else has, and in addition my body feels very warm during POIS. I cannot sit for more than 5 minutes on a microfiber sofa. I also cannot wear any polyester clothes for long time during POIS. Of course, flu like symptoms for 2-3 days and confused state of mind is too much!! I hope there is a cure!!

Daveman

• Administrator
Re: Body feels very warm and cold-flu like symptoms are horrible
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 08:22:39 AM »
There have been great strides in the last year. POIS is beginning to become recognized, although there still remains a couple of years for this recognition to be wider spread. But at the level of researchers there's a new movement, and not only with Dr. Waldinger.

Whereas several years ago, nobody knew nothing of this illness, over these years, we have come to understand that the causal areas have reduced to just a few, which has allowed a heavier concentration of research and study to just those areas.

Here at this forum, we intend to try to uses some of the forum space to isolate certain lines of investigation and concentrate resources, to provide a better focus for activity.

In any case, both here and at NSF, there should be lots of ideas and methods available to make the POIS sessions somewhat more livable.

We're all different, and what works for one may not work for the other, but the important is that there are a good mix of fellow sufferers in the two forums, and you can try to identify those who seem to have cases more similar to yours and start trying to follow a program that can help you.

Don't try too many different things at once, it's too confiusing. Try one thig at a time, and give it a decent period of testing, it will often require 3 or 4 POIS sessions to decide if a certain procedure is working.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!