Author Topic: Great success using antihistamine Lergigan, FODMAP free oral solution  (Read 2616 times)

mike_sweden

Lergigan is an old antihistamine from the 50s, but with a special feature; it does not contain any FODMAPs!

I strongly recommend anyone having POIS testing this.

I am symptom free, have been using this for 2 months and have had no symptoms.

Lergigan also makes it easier to fall asleep.

Please note, I have been using the liquid form, to aviod FODMAPs.

Read complete data here:
https://www.fass.se/LIF/product?userType=2&nplId=19530228000042

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Dose?

Quantum

• Administrator
For the benefit of members:
The active ingredient in Lergigan is called promethazine.  A very current, other, brand name is Phenergan.
A usual adult dosage, for allergies, and insomnia, is 25mg once daily at bedtime.  Someone willing to stay on the safer side can take 12,5 mg daily at bedtime.

Smaller dosages can be spread throughout the day, like when taken for motion sickness, but taking it during the day is not convenient, and can be hazardous, because of the drowsiness that promethazine induces ( similar to Gravol /dimenhydrinate, for example.)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2024, 08:01:57 AM by Quantum »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

mike_sweden

Thank you Quantum for helping out with more information about Lergigan.

Yes, my dosage has been around 12 ml about 21 o'clock at night and about 1h before orgasm.

I have to say that the first times I used it I was waiting for all the horrible symptoms to show and just nothing happened. Felt like the years before I got POIS. Only negative thing is I would have to bring a bottle with me if I'm to jump in bed with a female in any other location than my own home.

The drowsiness is not a problem for me, just as Quantum described, this medication should not be taken for example in the morning. I actually like the drowsiness effect, makes it easier for me to sleep really well.

Lergigan has the ability to pass the blood/brain barrier. I think that the modern antihistamines I have tried have all been to weak or contained FODMAPs.

Quantum

• Administrator
Thank you Quantum for helping out with more information about Lergigan.

Yes, my dosage has been around 12 ml about 21 o'clock at night and about 1h before orgasm.

I have to say that the first times I used it I was waiting for all the horrible symptoms to show and just nothing happened. Felt like the years before I got POIS. Only negative thing is I would have to bring a bottle with me if I'm to jump in bed with a female in any other location than my own home.

The drowsiness is not a problem for me, just as Quantum described, this medication should not be taken for example in the morning. I actually like the drowsiness effect, makes it easier for me to sleep really well.

Lergigan has the ability to pass the blood/brain barrier. I think that the modern antihistamines I have tried have all been to weak or contained FODMAPs.
Hi, Mike,
You wrote you take 12 ml of your liquid form.  How much is it in mg ?  How many mg/ml is your suspension ?  1 mg/ml ?
Thanks !
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

mike_sweden

Hi, Mike,
You wrote you take 12 ml of your liquid form.  How much is it in mg ?  How many mg/ml is your suspension ?  1 mg/ml ?
Thanks !

yes its 1 mg/ml

Quantum

• Administrator
Hi, Mike,
Thanks !

yes its 1 mg/ml
Ok, thanks.  This means your daily dose is 12 mg, at bedtime.  It will be clearer for those who would get promethazine in tablets.

Quantum

• Administrator
Hi mike_sweden,

I added you as a reference member in the antihistamine section of my POIS Types Chart, along with the information about promethazine ( see section #8, at  https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2338.msg19448#msg19448)
Thanks for your input, it may be very useful for other members :)

mike_sweden

Thanks Quantum!

Never thought I would beat this illness, please spread the word about this remedy  :)

Hopeoneday

Intresting, enybody else tested this?
I remeber when i did tested replacemant for benydryl,
i got seizures atac from that antihistamine.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2024, 08:48:08 AM by Hopeoneday »
Dr-pois.

freddie

Re: Great success using antihistamine Lergigan, FODMAP free oral solution
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2024, 12:58:48 PM »
Hi Mike, thanks for sharing!
since I am also in Sweden, i would like to know how did you get the prescription?
did you just go to a common physician and described your pois or did you get it some other way?

Meshal

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2024, 04:33:36 PM »
Thanks for sharing.

Does it work if you take it after orgasm? or does it explicitly have to be taken before orga for it to work? like niacin.

mike_sweden

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2024, 06:27:31 AM »
Hi Mike, thanks for sharing!
since I am also in Sweden, i would like to know how did you get the prescription?
did you just go to a common physician and described your pois or did you get it some other way?

i've sent you a pm

mike_sweden

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2024, 06:28:21 AM »
Thanks for sharing.

Does it work if you take it after orgasm? or does it explicitly have to be taken before orga for it to work? like niacin.

i have not tried that, and i will not, simply no reason trying it, i do not want any symptoms

mike_sweden

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2024, 06:29:15 AM »
three orgasms with my new gf last night, no issues :-)

freddie

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2024, 09:56:16 AM »

well Mike, that's a feat even for a guy that doesn't suffer from POIS !!!!  8)   Congrats!  ;D

Hope this keeps working for you! Please keep us updated on your development.

By the way, if I understand correctly, you are taking this antihistamine every evening + 1 hours before intercourse.
Is this the recommendation of your physician? and is it intended that you will continue this cure indefinitely or is it a temporary treatment?

Meshal

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2024, 01:43:27 PM »
Thanks for sharing.

i have not tried that, and i will not, simply no reason trying it, i do not want any symptoms

Sorry, I think I need to phrase my question better.

Does it matter when you take it regarding orgasm? or simply taking a dose everyday is enough?

mike_sweden

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2024, 08:22:15 AM »

well Mike, that's a feat even for a guy that doesn't suffer from POIS !!!!  8)   Congrats!  ;D

Hope this keeps working for you! Please keep us updated on your development.

By the way, if I understand correctly, you are taking this antihistamine every evening + 1 hours before intercourse.
Is this the recommendation of your physician? and is it intended that you will continue this cure indefinitely or is it a temporary treatment?

Hi
I am only taking this 1h before orgasm, so only when I need it.
I have taken it also 5 min after orgasm once, not sure if there were any symptoms, did sneeze a bit that day on. My gf decided to wake me up with sex. So there were no chance to take the medicin before, but I was fast to take it as soon as possible after.

I can take quite small dosages too, sometimes just a few milliliters are enough.

mike_sweden

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2024, 07:14:11 AM »
Leaving an update here that Lergigan is still working very well for me, I can tell now that it does not work to take the medicine for example some 5 hours after ejaculation, it must be before for making sure to avoid catching a cold or feeling ill.

I'm having sex with my partner as if I did not have POIS at all, not a problem any longer, as long as I take the medicine. Looking forward to see if the medicine holds also during the winter season which is a bit worse for me.

freddie

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2024, 01:49:51 PM »
thanks a lot Mike for the update. It is very valuable to know that this medicine is working for a prolonged time, not only on a couple of occasions. Please update us again after the winter (or earlier).

And if anybody else tries this promising anti-histamine, please report your results on this thread.

I will probably test this, but for the moment I am trying two other therapies (and I have no partner currently :-\ ), so I will wait with this one.