Author Topic: The Indiegogo campaign  (Read 83076 times)

Daveman

• Administrator
The Indiegogo campaign
« on: July 10, 2012, 08:33:35 AM »
We are starting a campaign over at indiegogo, similar to reddit.

These campaigns are excellent capital raisers but need user support. There are a lot of readers, some with doubts some who don't understand, others who are plain negative and many who question, so it is vital to have support.

We will need people to answer questions, engage the potential donors. If we do our job well, we can expect GOOD returns.

Lets go for a minimum of $1000.

Look for it soon at  http://www.indiegogo.com/  and visit here regularly to follow progress.

Once we have an active thread, I'll give a more direct link.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 12:08:33 PM by Daveman »
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Ccconfucius

Re: The Indiegogo campaign
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 02:04:16 PM »
is somebody else already working on that? so i can help
I was looking at it after setting up
we have to do the marketing
We also have to decide what we give to people for donating.

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 03:08:28 PM »
Congratulations on starting a campaign on Indiegogo!

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/131193?key=5e222b315778848f8f979dc1a902e689f08d9fdc

Follow these easy steps to get your campaign up and running.

This is an e-mail i got from Indiegogo about how to make a succesful campaing:

Visit our Campaigner Happiness page to learn about fundraising through Indiegogo.
Browse other projects to get ideas for your campaign: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects?filter_quick=successes
Launch and start sharing your campaign!
Once your campaign set up is complete, it's time to launch and start sharing your campaign. Make sure your team has an online and offline promotion plan in place. 85% of campaigns that reach their goal start raising funds on day 1, so it's important to start engaging your audience early on!

If you have questions about how Indiegogo works check out our Help Center. Find more campaign tips and insights on our blog: http://www.indiegogo.com/blog/category/insights

Cheers,
The Indiegogo Team

Not finding what you need? Visit our Help Center.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 03:22:31 PM »
OK, I followed the link but it says it's still in draft.

So I imagine that you just opened the campaign, but have to put in and complete the text, any images, etc. etc. Then when it's all ready you authorize it and put it online or something?

Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 04:06:05 PM »
Oops Daveman, i have send you a message (e-mail).

Hello everyone!!

I read some days ago a very sad story about an old woman - bus monitor - who was bullied by some "stupid"(i am restraining myself) kids on the bus in New York. They made the woman cry, and the despicable event was recorded. The event went viral and the media is airing this episode all over the world: http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/21/us/new-york-bullied-bus-monitor/index.html

Their relatives have made a crowd-sourcing event (like the one we did on reddit) to appeal to the society to raise 5.000$, so she could be able to pay for a good holiday/travel, "The holiday of her life", because she deserved it. Guess what, she has got nearly 500.000$ from anonymous donations in two days!!!.

The crowd-sourcing event was posted in the page Indiegogo, which it is specialized in crowd-sourcing events ("The world funding platform") to fund every type of cause. They have several sections and one is dedicated to health issues.

Here is the link:
http://www.indiegogo.com/
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects?filter_category=Health -> You could see here some examples.
http://www.indiegogo.com/happiness/campaigner -> Very useful tips on how to make a succesful campaign! I suggest you to read these!!
http://www.indiegogo.com/loveforkarenhklein?c=home&a=748386 -> The campaign of this noble woman.

We have decided to go for it, for our POIS cause on this same site.
We need members that will be able to support a POIS campaign online and to share their ideas.

Stef

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 06:03:34 PM »
Observer --

You have been WONDERFUL at taking the lead here!!

I guess we need to wait until the campaign actually is launched, before we sign on formally as team members?

Or can we sign on before it's launched?

Everyone -- sign on when we get the go-ahead from Observer!!!  The campaign will run 120 days -- that's a lot of time to make some great money -- and also a wonderful way to raise awareness about POIS!!!

People need to learn about this horrible condition -- they'll learn about it from all of you!

Stef

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 08:56:47 AM »
Although it has seemed rather quiet, there is really quite a lot going on.

The Indiego Campaign is getting close. We wanted to get it done right away, but as we looked deeper we saw that a good and calculated effort with preparation will produce a much more effective campaign.

I will also have a link here for more in depth discussion from people who are considering donation. It would be great if you all could go to www.indiegogo.com and see how it works, take a look at different campaigns to know and understand the mechanism and what is required to support one of these campaigns.

I hope you all can participate, if only to converse and share "what POIS is and what it means in the life of a man".

With luck, next week we should be ready to "go on-line"

Nightingale

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 12:50:28 PM »
You can count me in on being one of those to tell my story.  I have so little money, advocating is the best way I can contribute.  I'll be looking around indiegogo and getting prepared for our release
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 02:10:56 PM »
You can count me in on being one of those to tell my story.  I have so little money, advocating is the best way I can contribute.  I'll be looking around indiegogo and getting prepared for our release

Great, sometimes it's the personal effort that is more difficult than the money!

We may also be giving a collection of "personal accounts", before and after as "perks" to those who donate certain quantities, and/or creating a special private part of the forum
for interaction between donors of a certain level and members with POIS. Where they can share the developments.

As things unravel we'll be getting on contact. Meantime, "stay tuned to this channel" as they say.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 03:13:53 PM »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

fidalgo

Re: Indiegogo campaign, Questions and Answers
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 11:46:20 AM »
I don't understand very well this Indiegogo campaign but I want to help...

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 12:04:51 PM »
I don't understand very well this Indiegogo campaign but I want to help...

Thanks Fidalgo,

Indiegogo is a site which helps to provide tools and an outlet to raise funds through donations. www.indiegogo.com

They help with campaigns from people who have been left paraplegic, to people with rare diseases and even people with new ideas for businesses.

Before the end of  tomorrow, we should probably go "Live". There we will have a showcase for our Donation Campaign, and will try to let as many people as possible know about what we want to do. We hope that people will see us and come to our forum to have a more detailed look. The other Thread where you originally posted will be where we hope potential donors will come to find out more information about POIS and basically what it is like to live with this things.

So keep your eyes open over there, both at indiegogo.com ( I will publish our specific URL as soon as it's published) and at the thread created for visitors.

Nightingale

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 05:53:44 PM »
I'm really pumped about this, if you need anything from me I'd be happy to offer my help  ;)
Turmeric and Rosemary 30-45 minutes before orgasm for anti-inflammatory and immune support has helped me a lot. Faster and easier than niacin approach.

Stef

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 07:22:03 PM »
From the words of the immortal Leonard Bernstein's incredible musical, "West Side Story" --

SOMETHING'S COMING!

That "SOMETHING" is the POIS Indiegogo Campaign!!!

Observercenter is the force behind the idea, and Daveman is the official campaign administrator.

Watch for future announcements and more information from your POIS TEAM -- everyone can be involved in one way or another!!! 

You'll be able to tell THE WORLD about POIS while raising funds for your first research project!!!

Stef

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 12:52:03 PM »
The INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN is Launched!

Our link to Research is www.indiegogo.com/research-for-POIS . Pass this link on to as many people as you can.

Promotion of this campaign is completely up to us!

A short link is also available http://igg.me/p/172083

Come on, let's get it on Facebook, Twitter, wherever we can.!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 12:59:23 PM by Daveman »

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 01:06:57 PM »
Follow me on twitter, @IPOIS   user: indiegogo_POIS

I am following 10 local media people. Let's see if they follow back.

aalkaff

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 01:45:41 PM »
Why was Indiegogo selected for the campaign? How about JustGiving.com or gofundme.com? They seem more popular. I think.

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 02:06:25 PM »
Why was Indiegogo selected for the campaign? How about JustGiving.com or gofundme.com? They seem more popular. I think.

I didn't know about these pages, Ali, but this seems to be a good idea, and I think we could try it. I knew about Indiegogo because one woman who was bullied in a Bus (She was a Bus monitor from the U.S.) by some stupid kids, was able to raise the amount of 700.000$ in less than ten days.

She was able to make it because the event went viral and it was broadcast everywhere. We donĀ“t have the same resources that she got in the end, but we should try to get the word out. Any ideas regarding how to do it would be very welcome!!

Here you have the story:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48272545/ns/us_news-life/t/more-donated-bullied-bus-monitor/#.UCQJMqB9zdk
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 03:12:17 PM by Observer »

aalkaff

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 02:17:47 PM »
One idea is to get a local/small newspaper, as a start, to write about us, while citing the campaign and the NORD research fund. Anyone know a reporter in their respective cities/hometowns? They won't put in our real names, of course.

Stef

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 07:39:32 PM »
Hi All,

Hey -- there's been an anonymous $25 donation to your indiegogo campaign already (and it was not me!!!)!

Regarding the anonymity factor -- which is a SERIOUS stumbling block for fund raising -- please remember this -->  just because one asks another to donate to a cause he/she believes in -- it does not mean that the person asking -- has the disorder.

You guys are going to need to toughen up and ASK people to donate to a cause that you believe in (POIS)!!!

There is also a Face Book event page for your campaign -- http://www.facebook.com/events/337816662973743/.  If you have a FB page -- "like" the event.  You'll then be able to invite "friends" to visit the campaign.

Don't ask or explain -- just do it!

And start posting your comments on the campaign page -- appeal to the public!!   Don't waste any time!!!!

www.indiegogo.com/research-for-POIS

So far, I'm the only one who has posted a comment -- but you can do it anonymously

Stef