Author Topic: High probability testing  (Read 601 times)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
High probability testing
« on: April 22, 2024, 09:22:27 AM »
There is no diagnostic marker for POIS yet. Is there something that is likely to show up postive? There are a few parameters that have a relative high chance of showing up abnormal (With emphasis on relative), however these will not tell you if you have POIS.

1. Low Vitamin D (based on multiple forum polls)
2. Left varicocele (ultrasound, based on forum poll)
3. High Progesterone

Some will say that low neutrophil count should be on this list but I do not get a proper overview of relative numbers.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 12:23:36 AM by Muon »

ThisType

Re: What to test for?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2024, 09:31:17 PM »
The marker set I found was this:
* RBC folate (120 day time constant primarily methyl folate measured) was on the low end of the range after I'd supplemented with methyl folate for a couple of weeks and taken a break for 2 weeks.
* Folate (serum folic acid, short time constant ) At the same blood draw, my serum folic acid levels were above the high end of the typical range in spite of fasting for the test and no folic acid supplements.

[Edit: understood it hasn't been tested on more people. note that the symptoms of folate anemia match many of some types of pois, that folate metabolism impairment would block converting folic acid to methyl folate and give these markers.  Added genetics links here: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3694.msg48480#msg48480]
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 08:29:38 AM by ThisType »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: High probability testing
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2024, 12:18:05 AM »
I have added your result to the medical result thread. This thread is more about high probability testing. Your parameters have not been tested in a relatively large group of patients yet. This list is heavily subject to change.

Edit: I have changed the title into high probability testing to make it more clear.
There are also recommendations of testing in the comments of the laboratory thread. https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3207.0

Or should I merge this topic into laboratory thread and delete this one?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 12:27:50 AM by Muon »

Hopeoneday

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2024, 12:05:40 PM »
Data are exact, 8 from 10 poisers hawe neutropenia, that is the
world record i think.
Vitamine D, a lot of poisers are deficient, but half world is...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 12:31:20 PM by Hopeoneday »
Dr-pois.

largooo

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2024, 07:47:52 AM »
do we have data or a poll about poiser having hormonal disorder in percentil ?
maybe am wrong but it seems to me that a lot of poiser got hormonal disorder (testosteron, cortisol etc... )
it could be a marker