Author Topic: Has anyone consulted doctors is Boston, MA?  (Read 1307 times)

pois_nc

Has anyone consulted doctors is Boston, MA?
« on: November 22, 2023, 09:32:47 AM »
I am moving to Boston soon, so I was wondering if anyone has consulted doctors in this area

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Has anyone consulted doctors is Boston, MA?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 05:15:39 PM »

I am moving to Boston soon, so I was wondering if anyone has consulted doctors in this area

Quantum has a list of POIS doctors here you can search. Geographic location included. So if not in Boston, someone in reasonable proximity may be found.

Meanwhile, I found this, pois_nc. It’s an old post, but perhaps you can track Dr Aidan Long and/or see if Massachusetts General Hospital may perhaps have some legacy interests in POIS.

Also Hoping, a longtime member might possibly assist?

Hey everyone,
I'm a current student at Harvard, and have been working with a team of doctors here to try and map out a treatment. I recently sat down with my allergist and discussed Waldinger's papers and the allergy theory. He was really excited about it and very receptive to the idea (always a plus to get some positive feedback in the medical community!). He's been in touch with a number of his colleagues about the condition. He's interested in exploring the allergy theory but also doing some hormonal testing, blood work, etc. to rule out other options. He's referred me to Dr. Aidan Long, an allergist at Massachusetts General Hospital, who will be conducting the testing. I haven't met with Dr. Long yet, but I hope to in the next week or so.

I just wanted to spread the word. It's helpful to know that we're getting somewhere, and Harvard isn't a bad place to start!

Is anyone in the Boston area and interested in also visiting with Dr. Long? Please let me know. I may ask him if he's interested in doing a case study of a group of us. I can't promise anything, but it's definitely something I'll propose to him.

Keep fighting the good fight everyone!

Hi Hoping!

How terrific!!!!! POIS is now known in what may be the most famous university in the world!!

If Dr. Long and his colleagues are interested in doing some type of case study -- they may be able to accept specimens from those of you from other states in the US -- and even from overseas. So everyone -- there's a chance of your specimens being included if this comes to pass.

What better motivation could there be for you all to support your research grant??? Whether it's the ivory towers of Harvard or the local junior college -- funds will be needed to do an in-depth study.

Wonderful news, Hoping!  You've brought some realistic optimism to your POIS comrades!! 

Your name fits you perfectly. :-)

Stef

« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 05:29:42 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

pois_nc

Re: Has anyone consulted doctors is Boston, MA?
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2023, 04:40:21 PM »
Thanks!