Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 578491 times)

Daveman

• Administrator
Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #330 on: October 20, 2012, 08:30:02 AM »
I just donated 50$ more, every grain of sand counts!

Observer you're the BEST!

Putting total up right now.

WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #331 on: October 20, 2012, 01:18:28 PM »

I just donated $50 more, every grain of sand counts!

Daveman applauding ! (Robert de Niro is posing as Daveman)

« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 02:04:17 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #332 on: October 20, 2012, 02:58:30 PM »
See the Countdown Timer for POIS' OCTOBER MONEY BOMB!

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20121031T00&p0=403&msg=POIS+OCTOBER+MONEY+BOMB

Demo and Daveman

10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

mat780

• AdminRareDisease
« Reply #333 on: October 23, 2012, 05:14:06 PM »
People, this month (October) may be the biggest opportunity someone could give us to make a huge difference in our lives.
We could be closer than ever to start a serious and dedicated research to cure POIS.

Think on the following things for a minute:

What would you do to get rid of POIS?

What could you do if you were POIS free… forever?

Think on your family, your friends, your girlfriend, your job.

How much money and time have you wasted because POIS is present all the time?

This month someone is giving us the opportunity to research for a POIS free life by duplicating each dollar we donate.
Don’t wait any more, do yourself a favor and donate to NORD!

NORD Research Donations webpage:

https://www.rarediseases.org/about/support/research-donations/fg_base_view_p3

Kind Regards,
Mat

lauracostis

• NLGroup
« Reply #334 on: October 24, 2012, 11:49:25 PM »
Just made a donation of 50$ on a prepaid credit card at 9:45 PST.  Daveman or Demo can one of you confirm that this transaction went through.  I have 200$ more of prepaid credit cards that I bought, but I just want to make sure this worked before I use all of them. 

lauracostis

• NLGroup
« Reply #335 on: October 25, 2012, 12:03:43 AM »
just put the rest of the cards on there anyways, hope there is not a problem

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #336 on: October 25, 2012, 06:31:36 AM »
Just made a donation of 50$ on a prepaid credit card at 9:45 PST.  Daveman or Demo can one of you confirm that this transaction went through.  I have 200$ more of prepaid credit cards that I bought, but I just want to make sure this worked before I use all of them. 

I'm sure it will be fine, but of course we will check anyways. Our special NORD atache has been out of the office, but should be back today.

I think it would have given a problem at the time of application if it were not to go through.

But we will check it for sure.

Thanks lauracostis in advance.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 06:33:24 AM by Daveman »
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #337 on: October 25, 2012, 11:32:05 AM »

Everything is fine, the charges went through without a problem!

Thank you very much. Your donation is now added to the sum for Oct.

lauracostis

• NLGroup
« Reply #338 on: October 25, 2012, 01:12:30 PM »

Everything is fine, the charges went through without a problem!

Thank you very much. Your donation is now added to the sum for Oct.

thank you for checking on that for me

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #339 on: October 25, 2012, 01:45:57 PM »

THANK
YOU
LAURACOSTIS!!!

Vandemolen

« Reply #340 on: October 25, 2012, 05:53:40 PM »
I talked to my doctor about the testosterone theory. He said that the reasons why some of us get relief by testosterone is because of the stress level. He said that if your body is in stress you will not feel smaller pains. For example, if a lion runs after you, you will not feel you have a headache. The testosterone brings the body in a stress level. So if the POIS comes up you will not feel it. He said that it would be good if there were more studies about the use of testosterone on the long term. What are the effects on the lungs and other organs? That was my doctors explanation.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #341 on: October 25, 2012, 08:55:14 PM »
Vandemolen, when I spoke with Dr Waldinger, he had no idea why testosterone works for my POIS.

I think testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) hastens (speeds up) the semen-regeneration process in cases like mine.

I have been POIS-free for 3 years  in my opinion  because semen now regenerates quickly after ejaculation.

When my regeneration was very slow, my POIS was terrible.

I realize that regeneration-speed and POIS might be associative, not causative.

And I am speaking for my case only. But I do not see a connection between stress and testosterone. TRT has actually made me more anxious, and my doctor has prescribed to counteract the anxiety effect of testosterone for me.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 08:58:02 PM by demografx »

Stef

• Administrator
« Reply #342 on: October 25, 2012, 09:32:54 PM »
Hi All,

There's been a lot of research in the past few years on the general anti-inflammatory effects of testosterone (and also estrogen and progesterone).  The theory is that these hormones are neuro-protective and that they may decrease neuro-inflammation. They're being studied as treatments for neurodegenerative disorders and for neuropathy treatments.

Here's just one link of many, many article abstracts about this --  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22966132.

So -- perhaps part of the reason that TRT helps some of you is its anti-neuroinflammatory activity.

Stef

kurtosis

• Scientist, Engineer, INTJ type
« Reply #343 on: October 26, 2012, 03:18:11 AM »
Hi All,

There's been a lot of research in the past few years on the general anti-inflammatory effects of testosterone (and also estrogen and progesterone).  The theory is that these hormones are neuro-protective and that they may decrease neuro-inflammation. They're being studied as treatments for neurodegenerative disorders and for neuropathy treatments.

Here's just one link of many, many article abstracts about this --  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22966132.

So -- perhaps part of the reason that TRT helps some of you is its anti-neuroinflammatory activity.

Stef

There was a study on rats cells in vitro that suggested testosterone, beyond a threshold value, appeared to inhibit histamine release from mast cells. Estradiol and Oestrogen seem to augment it.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1384869
Also a more relevant paper on people with asthma with some useful references.
http://adc.bmj.com/content/88/7/587.full
"Oestrogen enhances, while testosterone inhibits eosinophil release. Testosterone is a powerful inhibitor of histamine."
This may be what Jon/JFerr described when he said that his POIS symptoms seriously improved when his testosterone nearly doubled but that it dipped again and his POIS symptoms resurfaced. The same for Daveman.

Women are known to get a "sex flush" following the histamine release of an O. This is much less common in men even though mast cells accumulate in the testes for histamine release to achieve O. I think the reason it's much less common in men is the inhibiting effect of testosterone.

Ccconfucius

« Reply #344 on: October 26, 2012, 10:43:23 AM »
two words in the  first paper describe pois best, "neuroimmunoendocrine disorders". i think that covers it. now do we have a doctor that study all three specialties.