Author Topic: Free Flow Discussion about POIS  (Read 933319 times)

Daveman

• Administrator
Re: This may seem like a familiar place.
« Reply #300 on: October 13, 2012, 05:39:40 AM »
Hello,
I've never written anything here or on the other forum before as I struggle to talk about it and am quite shy, but I wanted to introduce myself mainly to thank you all for everything you've all done.

Importantly I also learnt about the ways that pois has similarly impacted on other people's lives, which was unbelievably helpful in confirming the difficulty that it has created in mine  making me feel much more normal and not at fault. Im not brilliant at expressing myself but I will always be incredibly grateful for this.

I'm glad you are taking the steps to "come out". I find that you express yourself very well. Very articulate and clearly expressed!

I understand that much effort has been undertaken to raise funds for the research through NORD (which if I understood correctly the previous forum annoyingly did not support prompting the switch of many people to this forum, myself included  )

Can you believe that recently we have heard from a member who was posting "thank you's" on the Naked Scientists Forum to those who have donated for the October Money Bomb campaign, and they were asked to REMOVE the message. The message was very controlled so as NOT to promote, but they felt that it was TOO much.

I'm afraid that SERIOUS SCIENCE over there is not REALLY a scenario. What is MORE scientific than REAL Research! I'm sorry if I sound annoyed, but I AM. Scientific Smoke Blowing!

My family have helped me donate $80 this evening, although this is less than what some have donated I do hope it helps and we will definitely donate again soon. (We did get a confirmation email but please do contact me if for whatever reason this donation has not gone through)

No problem. Your donation has been received an placed into the fund.

Many thanks
Tom

Many Thanks to you!
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #301 on: October 13, 2012, 09:08:50 AM »
$598.00 OCTOBER MONEY BOMB! TODAY IS 13 DAYS INTO OCTOBER!

Join in on the fun AND sanctity of DOUBLING YOUR OCTOBER DONATION thanks to  our most generous SPONSOR!

Skip the next few movies, rock concerts, etc., and take a SOLID gamble on your very own POIS-free life!!!!! Click here and please donate.

You will feel better for doing this.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 01:49:54 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #302 on: October 13, 2012, 12:43:59 PM »
Here's to LIFE (and POIS), with another donation of $18.

GREAT, Keep 'em coming guys!

Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #303 on: October 13, 2012, 01:48:19 PM »
Thank you for the $18 "to Life"!

« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 03:32:29 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #304 on: October 13, 2012, 03:30:58 PM »
Hi Guys!

I have just converted my pledge into real donation, $800 were sent to NORD for POIS research.

Thank you all for making our group a real like-minded activists! I am really happy to be part of our team who have the greatest challenge to solve, that makes us special. We are the first who have this challenge now, but the efforts and results we achieving now will be very important to more and more people in the future.

Victor

THANK YOU, VICTOR!!!

THIS IS A HUGE LEAP FOR OCTOBER'S DONOR DRIVE!

All the best,
DEMO AND DAVEMAN

« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 03:34:22 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #305 on: October 13, 2012, 03:48:26 PM »
Guys,

I've just donated $150 more.

Together we can make POIS Research a reality!

Thanks again to our SPONSOR for his generosity!

And thank you, Demo and Dave, for the superb work you've been doing all this years!!!

Sincerely,
Mat

M A T  !!

Thanks for ALL your help!!
DEMO AND DAVEMAN

tom

« Reply #306 on: October 14, 2012, 07:39:35 PM »

[/quote]

Can you believe that recently we have heard from a member who was posting "thank you's" on the Naked Scientists Forum to those who have donated for the October Money Bomb campaign, and they were asked to REMOVE the message. The message was very controlled so as NOT to promote, but they felt that it was TOO much.

I'm afraid that SERIOUS SCIENCE over there is not REALLY a scenario. What is MORE scientific than REAL Research! I'm sorry if I sound annoyed, but I AM. Scientific Smoke Blowing!

That's really sad and quite surprising to hear, and its very understandable that your're annoyed. It does amaze me that a science forum would not be interested in being a platform to drive new research, particularly as it would be in their interest to be part of a new scientific discovery. Also as members of the science community, they should know as much as anyone the importance of having controlled experiments carried out by experts with the  knowledge to ensure that not only is the treatment safe and controlled, but that it is based on scientific theory. Its quite strange that they were happy with us attempting to find a cure ourselves, which although there has been much success with niacin, vit b complex and other supplements, it does involve much guess work and as such carries a certain degree of risk no matter how careful we are. However in contrast they were not ok with supporting a registered charity in providing experts to safely do the research instead.They were clearly more worried about their rules and red tape than our well being which seems like quite a betrayal by them after all the work yourself demo and many others have done on the forum.
 The forum you've created here is fantastic however, and is definitely a much better organised resource. This will make it easier for both researcher's and pois sufferers when learning about pois. It is definitely a better home here  :)
Tom

tom

« Reply #307 on: October 14, 2012, 08:14:12 PM »
sorry ive just realised than when I tried to reply to davemans post, its not shown as it normally would for a quote, must've done a bit wrong :P

Samir

• POIS victim since 1988
    • Huntsville Car Scene.com
« Reply #308 on: October 16, 2012, 01:11:34 AM »
I use stopforumspam.com to moderate each new registration on my own site.  I can set my site to email me when a new member registers, so valid ones get online quick.  And then I don't delete the new spammer accounts, just set them to the ban group making less spammer emails and usernames available. . Might be something worth trying.

Yep, that's what I'm doing, but  about 2 to 5 get through per day. Those are banned, reported and deleted! There's another database as well, with the two combined it's better, but haven't done that yet.  I get about 60+ filtered (and marked) SPAMMers per day. These are easy to deal with though, just delete them. Also Victor Kons gave me a great idea, but just haven't had time to implement it yet!!

Awesome. :)  Thank you for working hard to keep increasing POIS awareness.  I haven't been here in months, but experiencing POIS right now, it's great to come back to a place that keeps getting better.  8)

Have you seen all the stuff on Niacin and B-Complex. It's got my POIS beat! Almost 0 POIS.

I have seen some of it.  I wish I would've remembered when I went shopping tonight. :(  I hovered in the vitamins aisle for a bit and couldn't remember why I was doing that. :(

lauracostis

• NLGroup
« Reply #309 on: October 16, 2012, 02:33:59 AM »
Has anyone ever been tested for Prostate specific antigen (PSA), it is a common test that males over the age of 50 may get to screen for prostate cancer.  So, in my health maintenance class I was reviewing things that may alter PSA test results by either lowering or raising them.  I found out the PSA is a composition in semen and you can get higher test results if patients have and ejaculation with 2 days before an exam.  Higher levels of PSA are also common with BPH (enlarged prostate).  Many people, including myself have reported prostatitis for a few days after ejaculation. if there is some kind of duct or shunt in our seminal piping that goes into are blood stream, which has been hypothesized in one theory, then it makes sense that we may have high levels of PSA after ejaculation.  I believe that these high PSA levels may cause the immune system to target the prostate, causing the prostatitis that some of us experience.

"Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) is a substance made by cells in the prostate gland (both normal cells and cancer cells). PSA is mostly found in semen, but a small amount is also found in the blood. Most healthy men have levels under 4 nanograms per milliliter (ng/mL) of blood. The chance of having prostate cancer goes up as the PSA level goes up.
Ejaculation: This can cause the PSA to go up for a short time, and then go down again. This is why some doctors suggest that men abstain from ejaculation for 2 days before testing.
An enlarged prostate: Conditions such as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), a non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate that many men get as they grow older, may raise PSA levels. "
http://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostatecancer/moreinformation/prostatecancerearlydetection/prostate-cancer-early-detection-tests

Demo and Daveman, I am mostly talking to you older guys, since it is highly unlikely that anyone under 50 has had a PSA test.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 02:39:07 AM by lauracostis »

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #310 on: October 16, 2012, 11:57:40 AM »
Has anyone ever been tested for Prostate specific antigen (PSA), it is a common test that males over the age of 50 may get to screen for prostate cancer.  So, in my health maintenance class I was reviewing things that may alter PSA test results by either lowering or raising them.  I found out the PSA is a composition in semen and you can get higher test results if patients have and ejaculation with 2 days before an exam.  Higher levels of PSA are also common with BPH (enlarged prostate).  Many people, including myself have reported prostatitis for a few days after ejaculation. if there is some kind of duct or shunt in our seminal piping that goes into are blood stream, which has been hypothesized in one theory, then it makes sense that we may have high levels of PSA after ejaculation.  I believe that these high PSA levels may cause the immune system to target the prostate, causing the prostatitis that some of us experience.

"Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) is a substance made by cells in the prostate gland (both normal cells and cancer cells). PSA is mostly found in semen, but a small amount is also found in the blood. Most healthy men have levels under 4 nanograms per milliliter (ng/mL) of blood. The chance of having prostate cancer goes up as the PSA level goes up.
Ejaculation: This can cause the PSA to go up for a short time, and then go down again. This is why some doctors suggest that men abstain from ejaculation for 2 days before testing.
An enlarged prostate: Conditions such as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), a non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate that many men get as they grow older, may raise PSA levels. "
http://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostatecancer/moreinformation/prostatecancerearlydetection/prostate-cancer-early-detection-tests

Demo and Daveman, I am mostly talking to you older guys, since it is highly unlikely that anyone under 50 has had a PSA test.

Well Sonny, let me put my teeth back in... LOL

No seriously. I was kind of worried about this and hadn't checked the prostate for maybe 5 yrs!!  Finally just recently I went to check it and it came out great, maybe even a little low if I remember rightly!.  I have prostate swelling when I have POIS, although less nowadays with the niacin. I think, I hadn't had an orgasm nor POIS when I went for the test.

But I'm just one, and I think your idea has interesting merit!

There's gotta be a decent number of us above or near 50. (trying to make myself feel better here  ;D ) It would be interesting to hear from the younger ones as well to see if they feel as though they have prostate swelling!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #311 on: October 16, 2012, 02:26:08 PM »
$598.00 $1,448.00 OCTOBER MONEY BOMB! TODAY IS 16 DAYS INTO OCTOBER!

Join in on the fun AND sanctity of DOUBLING YOUR OCTOBER DONATION thanks to  our most generous SPONSOR!

Skip the next few movies, rock concerts, etc., and take a SOLID gamble on your very own POIS-free life!!!!! Click here and please donate.

You will feel better for doing this.
                                                       DEMO AND DAVEMAN

« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 03:05:26 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #312 on: October 16, 2012, 02:43:10 PM »

Since I began my testosterone replacement therapy, I've been taking annual PSA's.

All normal thankfully. :)

« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 02:49:02 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #313 on: October 16, 2012, 08:28:29 PM »
See the Countdown Timer for POIS' OCTOBER MONEY BOMB!

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20121031T00&p0=403&msg=POIS+OCTOBER+MONEY+BOMB

Demo and Daveman

« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 08:38:22 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #314 on: October 16, 2012, 08:48:52 PM »
Guys,

I've just donated $150 more.

Together we can make POIS Research a reality!

Thanks again to our SPONSOR for his generosity!

And thank you, Demo and Dave, for the superb work you've been doing all this years!!!

Sincerely,
Mat

M A T  !!

Thanks for ALL your help!!

MAT IS THE CREATOR AND DEVELOPER OF 2 VERY IMPORTANT POIS RESOURCES!!

1. POIS' YouTube Channel

2. POIS information website

See http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg1#msg1

DEMO AND DAVEMAN
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 09:18:16 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #315 on: October 16, 2012, 09:12:58 PM »
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 09:14:43 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #316 on: October 17, 2012, 12:09:38 AM »

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #317 on: October 17, 2012, 01:26:35 PM »
Hey we're in the news, LOL!!

BTW another $50 donation came in!! Worth a hundred!!

This one put us over the $15,000 mark. With the sponsor's part put in that puts us OVER half way!!

Hey Demo, this is cause for some whoopla and fanfare!! Get out your graphics!!

Thanks Mr. Donor!

demografx

• Administrator
Re: This may seem like a familar place.
« Reply #318 on: October 17, 2012, 05:51:08 PM »

$9,270.00    $9,350.00    $10,272.00
$15,010.00 raised!

THANKS, $50.00 DONOR!! towards our $33,500 goal.

Click here to CURE YOUR POIS:

Click here to read more about The POIS Medical Fundp

« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 05:52:39 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #319 on: October 17, 2012, 06:44:19 PM »

See the Countdown Timer for POIS' OCTOBER MONEY BOMB!

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20121031T00&p0=403&msg=POIS+OCTOBER+MONEY+BOMB

Demo and Daveman